Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little hope for just killing Lotus in The New War

4 hours ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Isn’t killing her a little extreme? couldn’t we just block her in face book or maybe have a slanging match on some trashy daytime tv show?

Another member of this thread already outlined it's actually well within the Tenno's nature to do this. Though I could see how damaged she could also be by being blocked by her adopted children, heh.

14 hours ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

(Spoiler Tag is just in case you haven't progressed far in the game and completed Apostasy Prologue or Sacrifice.)

At this point in the story, and after having played for 3 long years, I can say that I genuinely hope we get the opportunity within this quest to just finish Lotus off. Vay Hek was right about one thing, she needs to be thrown into the sun. 
I'm sick of Ordis' Shadow Lotus, Sacrifice left me seething towards her (though I enjoyed her obliterating Umbra, i'd love to see that again and again but I don't want to go past my 0.0% usage rate on Umbra or Skiajati), and in all honesty i've had her muted for the longest time. I've practically memorized what's said by her in all mission types, and with objective markers, her absence is perfectly warranted as there is no need for the handholding.

I don't mind whoever the new narrator would be in this case, whether Ordis took over, or creeptastic ol' Teshin, i'd honestly be fine with no narrator in missions outside story specific blurbs just as Lotus is muted now.

Just no more Lotus. I'd go the Evil route just for her.

Just a little thought I wanted to get off my mind.

I really hope i can have the opportunity to Blow her head to miasma, and with this the constant bossing around when im doing my stuff for the 99999999 time. 

Seriously i need to blow her head and no just cut as grineer queen, i MEAN BOOM SHAKA LAKA! 

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Another member of this thread already outlined it's actually well within the Tenno's nature to do this. Though I could see how damaged she could also be by being blocked by her adopted children, heh.

If you are referring to how the tenno killed the adults on the Zariman that isn't really an adequate parallel to what is happening with the Lotus, at least not presently. The tenno were confused, emotionally distressed, under what seemed to be near immediate danger, with no control over the situation or their new found powers, and were more or less cornered and pressed with only the option of kill or be killed, and they chose to prior. That isn't the situation with the Lotus however, this isn't a fight or flight situation, there is no immediate threat, the tenno have time to assess the situation, time to think, time to respond, they are in a position of arguable power and safety, things aren't the same. With the Zarima they killed out of what felt like a necessity for survival under extreme duress, their hand was forced, not desired, and I'm hard pressed to believe that would change now. The tenno could kill Lotus absolutely, but it would have to be under far more extreme conditions that just she supposedly swapped sides, especially given the Tenno's emotional attachment to her. 

Edited by Cubewano

17 minutes ago, KralAragorn said:

He wants back in the game a huge mass of lotus

I do not understand those who say you're dead lotus read some books now...

Pardon, could you rephrase your sentence? I couldn't quite understand.

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

Le Snip

You have a point, though with that massive sentient army and Lotus' mother coming into the picture, the situation could easily change. Especially if Ballas' control over her is not addressed in time.

1 hour ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Just sad how many of you want to see her dead, clearly you didn't realize what is actually going on.

We can wish dead our dear adopted mother if we so choose. I will say though, I didn't expect as many to hate her either.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

You have a point, though with that massive sentient army and Lotus' mother coming into the picture, the situation could easily change. Especially if Ballas' control over her is not addressed in time.

I'm not sure the situation would ever devolve to the Zariman point again, the tenno are just too experienced for that now, but it is entirely possible we'll be pressed to another situation that could alternatively force our hand, though that is nothing more than guesswork at this stage. Most of the Lotus situation is veiled in so much vagueness we really can only wait and see. 

43 minutes ago, RD5_ said:

Ballas, Lotus'un kontrolünde değil. O, onun taş olduğunu ve el olduğunu söyledi.

Şimdilik sesini kısmak için karar verdim.

Hunhow  and ballas  the big hand when you think about it, it makes no sense for the  to go with its own will.

Edited by KralAragorn

Let me just go full freelance and kill every single NPC in this game because every single one of them is just annoying as #*!%. There isn't a single NPC worth not killing off (except Ergo maybe), DE seems to be incapable of making NPCs that don't annoy the living S#&$ out of you on every occasion you get to interact with them

Peope want to kill her even tho they don't know the full story just because they're annoyed by repetitive lines.

Classic. 

Just think about all the people who loved Ballas and called him "space dad" when we saw the first arts and stuff. Now pretty much everybody hates him for Umbra, Isaah, Lotus, Sentients, etc. Never judge if you don't know.

Oh, and think about this for a sec: if they do change the character who talks to you during every mission, at some point you'll be tired of the said character and it's repetitive lines. Remember when Operators started talking during missions? At first it was fun. Nowadays everybody wants them to stfo. Killing the Lotus or any character just because you dislike her/his voice saying the same thing over and over again won't get anybody anywhere, since you'll be bored eventualy and will surely ask to kill him/her/it for a new one yet again.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

18 hours ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

(Spoiler Tag is just in case you haven't progressed far in the game and completed Apostasy Prologue or Sacrifice.)

At this point in the story, and after having played for 3 long years, I can say that I genuinely hope we get the opportunity within this quest to just finish Lotus off. Vay Hek was right about one thing, she needs to be thrown into the sun. 
I'm sick of Ordis' Shadow Lotus, Sacrifice left me seething towards her (though I enjoyed her obliterating Umbra, i'd love to see that again and again but I don't want to go past my 0.0% usage rate on Umbra or Skiajati), and in all honesty i've had her muted for the longest time. I've practically memorized what's said by her in all mission types, and with objective markers, her absence is perfectly warranted as there is no need for the handholding.

I don't mind whoever the new narrator would be in this case, whether Ordis took over, or creeptastic ol' Teshin, i'd honestly be fine with no narrator in missions outside story specific blurbs just as Lotus is muted now.

Just no more Lotus. I'd go the Evil route just for her.

Just a little thought I wanted to get off my mind.

18 hours ago, JohnProdman said:

I agree, if for no other reason than I'm simply tired of the character.

Same. I know DE's afraid of giving us actual choices that change gameplay, but I want to have the option to kill off the Lotus.

7 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Same. I know DE's afraid of giving us actual choices that change gameplay, but I want to have the option to kill off the Lotus.

Less about fear more about practicality and limited resrouces, regardless of if DE wanted players to have multiple progression paths or not that would be a massive undertaking to commit to because for each decision you are more or less doubling the work for the next stage, and it can only continue to multiply even larger and larger. If we did get a true choice system it'd either only ever have negligible impact on the broader story of the game, or stall development so hard it'd make the wait for tww seem like childsplay. 

15 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Less about fear more about practicality and limited resrouces, regardless of if DE wanted players to have multiple progression paths or not that would be a massive undertaking to commit to because for each decision you are more or less doubling the work for the next stage, and it can only continue to multiply even larger and larger. If we did get a true choice system it'd either only ever have negligible impact on the broader story of the game, or stall development so hard it'd make the wait for tww seem like childsplay. 

Doesn't have to be multiple progression paths. All we need is for the last set of choices to give us a different ending and determine who our guide is. If DE can make a system where pre-TSD players see no moon and post-TSD players see a moon, where pre-Apostasy players see normal Lotus and post-Apostasy players see purple Lotus, where pre-TWW players have the old Operator system and post-TWW players have the new Operator system, then they can most certainly create a system where we have a different guide based on the choices we make at the end of a quest.

Most of you (not all, I know) wants to kill/leave her just because the others are saying so

I know that because I actually talk to some people (in-game), but they didn't have real arguments other than, "I saw a video saying that Lotus was evil!"

EDIT: try to complete the quests by yourself before believing anything you can find on youtube

& for the others, try to convince me to leave Lotus just because "she's boring", that's not an argument either

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

9 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Doesn't have to be multiple progression paths. All we need is for the last set of choices to give us a different ending and determine who our guide is. If DE can make a system where pre-TSD players see no moon and post-TSD players see a moon, where pre-Apostasy players see normal Lotus and post-Apostasy players see purple Lotus, where pre-TWW players have the old Operator system and post-TWW players have the new Operator system, then they can most certainly create a system where we have a different guide based on the choices we make at the end of a quest.

If you want a story to diverge then there in turn does have to be a split in progression paths, you can't have a story without Lotus and progress in the same fashion those with Lotus would, because if it isn't clear, you don't have Lotus anymore. The karma meter is nothing like influencing actual story, it isn't even present in the story or place in any actual lore based things, that can change with ease because it doesn't mean and do anything to anyone, it is a ui element. Actual characters and actual events you can't just leave options for without making a subsequent response to each option, and the larger the change the more sizable the responses must be. The Lotus being a pivotal character in this games entire existence/story you can't just idly brush off with little response, she will definitely be involved in all future story scenarios, so now they must at MINIMUM make a second track for every decision with the assumption she was killed because otherwise the story progression won't make sense. And that is without the consideration of a story divergence, even if both characters are perfectly clipable over each other and they play the writing really safe in regards to the lotus/replacement they still have to now make instances of both of them for the story animation and voiceline wise, if the stories do diverge though then it's doubling or more the workload of the writers as well since they'll need personalized stories to make sure both characters make sense and fit within the context of each of their unique existences. Note that is all just for one instance of your suggestion taking place and it would only spiral further the longer it went on, imagine a long series of those decisions going on for years because this is an mmo and it doesn't have a perceived end for its story making. If you still want it thats fine, but it would take an incredible effort for DE to do it to the apparent end you want (being able to remove pivotal story elements/characters) and would make all story development take ages longer to do, it could also potentially water down the quality of writing as keeping up with multiple storylines can be a very draining ordeal overtime. 

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Asphyxiants:

Are you defenders all forgetting about that little point where she came down to collect Ballas and tried to laser us? You know, when Umbra had to leap in and pull us out? 

That lasering wasn´t the Lotus though, it was the sentients in the back that fired. We don´t know if she was in control of them. We don´t even know if she´s in control of herself.

3 hours ago, Asphyxiants said:

Are you defenders all forgetting about that little point where she came down to collect Ballas and tried to laser us? You know, when Umbra had to leap in and pull us out? 

You mean the part in the sacrifice where she completely missed us, and by she I mean the drones behind her because she never fired a shot, and then left us completely unscathed not even bothering another attack albeit having us both outnumbered and outgunned? Mmm, she was really out for blood that day, one could say she wasn't even trying. Thank god she made sure to let us know where she was going at the very end for no reason after giving us a weapon specifically designed to kill sentients, just to further cement her status as a totally not double agent. 

Edited by Cubewano