Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request - Have ESO require a R30 weapon in addition to an R30 frame

Reelix

Ran 10 ESO missions today  

Of the 27 players I met, only 8 of them were running R30 weaponry - The rest were simply using it as the new Hydron, and multiple claimed that ESO is only there to level gear.  

As a player arriving in full R30 multi-Forma'd gear with an Affinity Booster who wishes to do hard content for Focus, this is seriously depressing since the majority of the players are there to be carried.  

The R30 Frame restriction is in place so this DOESN'T happen - I suggest adding a R30 weapon restriction as well (At least 1) so participating players are actually able to fight.  

Either add a R30 weapon restriction so players rock up to fight, or remove the R30 Frame restriction and make ESO the new Hydron - You can't have it both ways...

Edited by Reelix

This doesn't solve anything. They will take R30 melee for example and level their primary and secondary.

Removing the frame restriction is utter nonsense. Since unranked warframes usually have zero survivability it would just make things worse.

I recommend premade group for focus farming. Try either your clan or recruitment chat.

9 minutes ago, Reelix said:

The R30 Frame restriction is in place so this DOESN'T happen - I suggest adding a R30 weapon restriction as well (At least 1) so participating players are actually able to fight.

I can fit my full build on some multi-forma'd unranked weapons. Why can I not take it? I might want to do EOS to level it, just because it is unranked does not mean it is useless. Is this fully modded (but unranked) weapon better or worse than a rank 30, unmodded Mk-1 Braton? 

• Unlike frames, weapons gain no stat benefit in leveling up. Which is probably one reason why you need a rank 30 frame.

This is a problem with sorties as well, yesterday there was a mr5 with Excalibur and a lv10 Cernos in the pub squad I joined, suffice to say I didn't stick around to carry him but it's annoying that there's absolutely no restriction except for a lv30 frame requirement to enter endgame content like this. DE needs to add more restrictions to these modes atleast, they're the only places where high level players can have some sort of challenge without spending hours in endless missions and you have low levels coming there to leech and reap rewards without contributing anything at all.

10 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Removing the frame restriction is utter nonsense. Since unranked warframes usually have zero survivability it would just make things worse

But wouldn't that make things better in the long run? Inexperienced players will join these modes with their low level gear because they can and get floored every two seconds until they get tired of it and not return until they're better equipped (hopefully)

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

But wouldn't that make things better in the long run? Inexperienced players will join these modes with their low level gear because they can and get floored every two seconds until they get tired of it and not return until they're better equipped (hopefully)

Can't wait for even more host migrations...As if it wasn't bad enough.

16 minutes ago, den2k said:

A rank 0 weapon with 7 Forma and a MR20 user is a dozen times more powerful than a generic level 30 weapon.

How about a rank 0 weapon with 0 Forma and a MR12 user - Still far more powerful? How about a "All items must be Forma'd" restriction then - It ensures that people at least partially care about the gear they're bringing, and wont just turf the fodder after its given them the MR they're leveling it for...

Edited by Reelix

I don't know what your problem is because a badly modded R 30 weapon isn't going to contribute anything either. You might as well put a restriction on the amount of damage you should have before you can enter, this is a pointless and ridiculous request. If you want to go longer on ESO go find a group instead of a random public match. 

Mesa and Saryn asked me to say hi.
I might as well not bring or use any weapons but I'd gladly carry you and your "multi-forma" gear. Frankly, in ESO abilities with or without melee is where it's at. Guns are supplementary at best and alone they won't even get you far due to ridiculous efficiency drain rate.

So frame level restrictions are somewhat justified, if not for damage then at least for survivability. Weapons? Not so much.

9 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

they won't even get you far

How about past Round 1? 

9 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Mesa

Dealing 50 damage a shot in ESO? Won't exactly get you far either with a R0 Unmodded weapon...

Edited by Reelix

If you want to be in a good team, then don't go to pubs, just go to recruit chat and hope to find a good team there, it's not that hard. With how slow leveling is, ESO is just the best place for leveling stuff, any other way just takes too long and is too boring.

Seriously, just deal with it, if you're going to a public match, you shouldn't expect to have a perfect team nuking the entire map instantly.

Edited by Caliboom

Well often enough it's Rhino coming to ESO, I had four ESO squads today and on three there were Rhinos, sometimes 2 of them. I mean I'm not that much better, bringing Trinity to ESO since it worked well in SO, but still. I keep the blessing buff always up, EV enough for everybody and revive quick with Vazarin. I guess that and killing counts as leeching but at least I'm not a damn Rhino.

this should be implemented regardless of players MR, MR doesn't mean sh*t, I really hate leechers who bring lvl 30 frame and a lvl 0 weapon and finds the highest point in the map that they can jump onto and afk, I don't care if weapons or warframes are being used to wipe the map with ease, its their tactics, but for real, its like 90% of players doing eso is using it as exp farm.either they remove the affinity itself (doesn't lvl up stuff) but still gives focus or implement this all gears must be lvl 30, even companions, why? you ever ran an ESO with scrubs who bring their unmodded/lvl 0 pets? its like dying simulator every 30 secs tops youll see a downed pet notification.

1 hour ago, Xeryla said:

this should be implemented regardless of players MR, MR doesn't mean sh*t, I really hate leechers who bring lvl 30 frame and a lvl 0 weapon and finds the highest point in the map that they can jump onto and afk, I don't care if weapons or warframes are being used to wipe the map with ease, its their tactics, but for real, its like 90% of players doing eso is using it as exp farm.either they remove the affinity itself (doesn't lvl up stuff) but still gives focus or implement this all gears must be lvl 30, even companions, why? you ever ran an ESO with scrubs who bring their unmodded/lvl 0 pets? its like dying simulator every 30 secs tops youll see a downed pet notification.

I'd rather not see it happen, then I can't boost my mate in ESO to level weapons, have to go SO, or worse, some starmap survival. Not Hydron, no idea why people still go there.

But hey, maybe there should be matchmaking options where you could set the conditions for players to play your hosted game and for you to be the host. I dont know how much work it would require from DE but it would help a LOT of people having trouble with public teralyst, tridolon, index, Saryns killing all fun for them and younameit. A condition to exclude players with/without certain weapons/frames/pets/amp parts on certain rank and forma.

I'd consider taking a closer look at your ESO build.  I ran with a Saryn, Zaw and Kavat.  Two 8 round runs everyday maxed my focus.  I'm done now (with focus), but I spent several weeks in ESO farming it.  I did occasionally get bad groups, and it would maybe take 2.5 or three runs to max for the day, but 10 runs seems excessive.  It might be worth your time to trade or farm for the Eidolon lenses to massively shorten the time you need to spend in ESO.  

On 2018-09-03 at 1:14 PM, Reelix said:

How about a rank 0 weapon with 0 Forma and a MR12 user - Still far more powerful? How about a "All items must be Forma'd" restriction then - It ensures that people at least partially care about the gear they're bringing, and wont just turf the fodder after its given them the MR they're leveling it for...

Because Saryns and Volts need a max level 6 forma Lato Vandal to breeze through the zones. Yes.

A MR 12 user with a maxed Chroma that couldn't find his Vex Armor skill through 4 zones, died a gazillion times and had 2 EV Trins doing more damage than him is a better option to an unranked Lenz or Plasmor, right?!

On 2018-09-03 at 1:04 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

This is a problem with sorties as well, yesterday there was a mr5 with Excalibur and a lv10 Cernos in the pub squad I joined, suffice to say I didn't stick around to carry him but it's annoying that there's absolutely no restriction...

Right, because you're doing sorties for the joy and fun of running challenging missions with good players. Bwuhahahah! Yesterday's sortie was Lephantis, with a dull-to-the-senses interception as a kick-starter. If you'd be the carrier that you don't wanna be, you'd run it by yourself, no pug, no recruiting. Nothing from yesterday's bounty even remotely required a team, unless you're downright horrible at cracking grineer terminals, in which case, you'd be the one getting carried (and, as such, rather hypocritical with the above statement) - but I'm sure it's not the case.

Lephantis and Ambulas assassination missions are among the very few where more people in the team can make a significant difference. Even then, I'm sure you have a friend or clanmate to play through them at the speed and expertise you require.

On-topic, adjusting the spawn rates and efficiency drain so it doesn't force players into gimmick builds is more important than more restrictions. I can say with a high degree of certainty that a team composed by a Trin, a Volt, a Saryn and an Octavia can go in with only an unranked lato each, use no bullets at all, while still maxing out their focus in a rather short time-frame. So you want weapon restrictions because...?!

28 minutes ago, Himenoinu said:

unless you're downright horrible at cracking grineer terminals, in which case, you'd be the one getting carried (and, as such, rather hypocritical with the above statement) - but I'm sure it's not the case

You better believe it buddy, unlike 90% of the players I meet I actually dragged my way through the starchart alone while improving my skills along the way, the only spy I haven't mastered is the Kuva one because sorties rarely go there and when they do I just wing it