Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many noobs in Maroo`s bazar (Please make trading a better experince)

(PSN)Mrseany247

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

Lol wtf are you on about xD. You clearly didn't read any of these posts. 

1. At no point did I say I only use maroo`s 

2. I mentioned in reply to other comments that I use the trade chat and warframe market on a constant basis. I also use the likes of riven market and other riven sites. 

3. I use the wikia also to constantly gain more info on abilities, warframes and where to get certain items

4. Yet again in response to previous comments I mentioned that I constantly help out new players in fact that's pretty much the only thing I do when I use the European maroons because its pretty much untradeable for people that are wanting to do serious selling. 

I wouldn't care if I was a noob it doesn't even matter anyways but I don't know why you feel like you need to label me one xD talking and assuming that I know nothing because I mentioned that I had only played the game 2 months  

read your main post and it's title, if your 1 would be true and if you knew about them sites your main post would not exist (also if european maroo is empty just swap server from options... it takes 3 button clicks)

Edited by Ryk_the_Wizard

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

Lol wtf are you on about xD. You clearly didn't read any of these posts. 

1. At no point did I say I only use maroo`s 

2. I mentioned in reply to other comments that I use the trade chat and warframe market on a constant basis. I also use the likes of riven market and other riven sites. 

3. I use the wikia also to constantly gain more info on abilities, warframes and where to get certain items

4. Yet again in response to previous comments I mentioned that I constantly help out new players in fact that's pretty much the only thing I do when I use the European maroons because its pretty much untradeable for people that are wanting to do serious selling. 

I wouldn't care if I was a noob it doesn't even matter anyways but I don't know why you feel like you need to label me one xD talking and assuming that I know nothing because I mentioned that I had only played the game 2 months  

read your main post buddy, someone who is not a noob would not cry about such a pointless thing

Just now, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

read your main post and it's title, if your 1 and 2 would be true your main post would not exist (also if european maroo is empty just swap server from options... it takes 3 button clicks)

Lol what that makes no sense. I was trying to think of ways to make the game better for noobs hence the title. I said nothing to actually indicate I didn't use any other sites. The only thing that is obvious is that I still go to European maroo`s. And like I mentioned in reply to another comment (and at the end of my post) I pretty much only go there to actually help noobs out. Also if it wasn't obvious enough I do switch servers that's why I specifically mentioned only the European maroo`s. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

Lol what that makes no sense. I was trying to think of ways to make the game better for noobs hence the title. I said nothing to actually indicate I didn't use any other sites. The only thing that is obvious is that I still go to European maroo`s. And like I mentioned in reply to another comment (and at the end of my post) I pretty much only go there to actually help noobs out. Also if it wasn't obvious enough I do switch servers that's why I specifically mentioned only the European maroo`s. 

You keep using the term “noob” like it is an actual identifier. “Noob” is an insult used by people who think they are above others. You may think you have a large wealth of game knowledge, but I can assure you that many of the people here know a lot more. Furthermore, they do not use the term “noob”. It is the mark of someone who doesn’t have a clue about our community. 

I understand wanting to “better the game” but a seasoned veteran player would know that one of these posts emerges every week, but rarely does it come with the false elitism to use, “noob” as a new player identifier. 

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

8 hours ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

1. Too many noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons eg. fang prime set. 

- cause they sit for hours this takes up space for other players who could have otherwise actually spent trading with people. It also disheartens the noobs cause they sit for hours and cant understand why no one is trading with them. (a majority continue to ignore my advice, believing they will eventually sell it if they wait long enough xD)

2. Too many players asking to buy untradeable items such as non prime Warframe parts and untradeable resources such as argon crystals xD

maroo is supposed to be for noobs/new players (old players still use it because they usually end up giving info to those new players), you should indeed use it till you realize that "Too many noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons eg. fang prime set. " is the actual point of maroo's bazar.  "noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons", there i made it more visible so you read it again and again till you get the point that maroo is where new players learn that argons are not tradeable and you get plat for effort not for every single generic drop in the game.

Sorry but "Too many noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons eg. fang prime set." this proves that you are the type of noob that doesn't have patience to help other noobs and just blames them for wasting space. I call hypocrisy manifest.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

if you switch servers then what's the point of crying about european one? didn't you figure out already that all europeans are using either na or asia because bigger population? i mean why complain when you already have alternatives?

Good day nubblet.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

You keep using the term “noob” like it is an actual identifier. “Noob” is an insult used by people who think they are above others. You may think you have a large wealth of game knowledge, but I can assure you that many of the people here know a lot more. Furthermore, they do not use the term “noob”. It is the mark of someone who doesn’t have a clue about our community. 

I understand wanting to “better the game” but a seasoned veteran player would know that one of these posts emerges every week, but rarely does it come with the false elitism to use, “noob” as a new player identifier. 

I'm using it with it's original dictionary definition. Dictionary defines it as: “An inexperienced newcomer to a particular activity.”, i hear bamby is used in the same way in some games but that seems more of an insult to me than noob.

Also "Furthermore, they do not use the term “noob”" is simply a false statement, all my clan and all my friends, we call each other noobs every single day, and i'm not saying i know everything but got friends that know a lot more than me and still are noobs.

Edited by Ryk_the_Wizard

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

You do realise a noob is someone who Is inexperienced its not always how long you've played the game for. I`ve learned a lot from a friend who has played the game for years. I have seen many trash players mr 20 and up so mr is just a way of showing how much you've played the game not actual skill. I was referring to people that have obviously just started the game and have no idea what they are doing and are inexperienced. 

Experienced players do not usually need to go to Maroo's to trade. They do it in a dojo which isn't cluttered and nobody has to figure out which instance you are in or struggle to get in. 

Maroo's is where you expect to find noobs. If you are trying to "fix" that, then you are probably missing the point. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Experienced players do not usually need to go to Maroo's to trade. They do it in a dojo which isn't cluttered and nobody has to figure out which instance you are in or struggle to get in. 

Maroo's is where you expect to find noobs. If you are trying to "fix" that, then you are probably missing the point. 

I am not disagreeing with the fact that Maroo`s was obviously intended as a place where noobs can go to trade. However if you ever go into maroo`s you will find that a majority of the players there are actually there to try and sell to noobs. With a majority of them not having plat to trade and not really getting any help off of any of the other players there (at least from my experience anyway, as I seem to be the only one most times to actually help them in a room of 10 others trying to scam them for plat xD). I was not suggesting we completely removing the learning factor for noobs. Its just that a noob going into maroo`s wont actually get anything out of being there unless someone willingly helps them (which doesn't always happen). That's why I suggested the whole tutorial/practise trade type quest in my original post. To create a better learning experience for a noob compared to what is currently available at maroo`s

33 minutes ago, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

I'm using it with it's original dictionary definition. Dictionary defines it as: “An inexperienced newcomer to a particular activity.”, i hear bamby is used in the same way in some games but that seems more of an insult to me than noob.

Also "Furthermore, they do not use the term “noob”" is simply a false statement, all my clan and all my friends, we call each other noobs every single day, and i'm not saying i know everything but got friends that know a lot more than me and still are noobs.

Please explain how a vernacular slang term like “noob” has a dictionary definition. I remember the days of “newbie” was the term in the turn of the millennium but noob is not an endearing term. Used within a clan is one thing as you can typically understand each other’s tone. Also, my comment was to the OP, so I wasn’t really sure why you feel the need to justify yourself. 

Noob is an insulting term to attempt to identify one with inferior knowledge. This thread was toxic from its original post.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Please explain how a vernacular slang term like “noob” has a dictionary definition. I remember the days of “newbie” was the term in the turn of the millennium but noob is not an endearing term. Used within a clan is one thing as you can typically understand each other’s tone. Also, my comment was to the OP, so I wasn’t really sure why you feel the need to justify yourself. 

Noob is an insulting term to attempt to identify one with inferior knowledge. This thread was toxic from its original post.

google this: "noob definition" and you will get 

Dictionary

noob
nuːb/
noun
informal

1. a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet.

It is not supposed to be endearing, it is supposed to categorize inexperienced people while "newbie" is indeed an endearing term.
    "Noob is an insulting term to attempt to identify one with inferior knowledge" i don't agree with this
    "Noob is a term  to identify one with inferior knowledge" this closer to the truth since it's not the user's fault that the targeted person feels offended for being called inexperienced
    "This thread was toxic from its original post." i very much agree with this but not because of the usage of the word noob but because it's a mute point about trying to make something that is designated for new players into something not designated for new players and calling it a needed improvement for new players. It's like he is slapping his own face with his left hand while the right hand is slapping him for getting slapped by the left hand.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

I am not disagreeing with the fact that Maroo`s was obviously intended as a place where noobs can go to trade. However if you ever go into maroo`s you will find that a majority of the players there are actually there to try and sell to noobs. With a majority of them not having plat to trade and not really getting any help off of any of the other players there (at least from my experience anyway, as I seem to be the only one most times to actually help them in a room of 10 others trying to scam them for plat xD). I was not suggesting we completely removing the learning factor for noobs. Its just that a noob going into maroo`s wont actually get anything out of being there unless someone willingly helps them (which doesn't always happen). That's why I suggested the whole tutorial/practise trade type quest in my original post. To create a better learning experience for a noob compared to what is currently available at maroo`s

Warframe is a cruel world, people in trade chat will try to scam you, people in maroo will try to scam you. New players need to learn that in order to get smart and learn to avoid it. I got scammed a lot when i was new to the game and that teached me to always check prices with another source be it clan mate or site. You can't hope to get scamming out of this game, it would be like trying to remove thieves from the world... not possible. Be smart and avoid them instead. It's all a part of the ecosystem that is warframu, maroo is ok as it is now.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

lol wtf toxic from its original post ?????

I made this post to come up with ideas to help noobs have a better experience trading. Yes I said NOOB big wow. @Ryk_the_Wizard at least actually understands the term noob unlike you, however he is someone who also clearly doesn't care about or understand what its like for new players (especially ones playing with no friends to help them) if he thinks there is nothing wrong with maroo`s. I did not make this thread to try and make European maroo`s a better experience for myself, I couldn't gaf. I make more than enough plat through trading chat and through the market like I said many times I`ve recently only been going to maroo`s to actually help noobs which are not getting help from being there. In no way did I even mention it was for anything other than noobs. Some people like @Ryk_the_Wizard just try to see what they want to see (as he`s clearly not even read the full of the original post)

1 hour ago, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

maroo is supposed to be for noobs/new players (old players still use it because they usually end up giving info to those new players), you should indeed use it till you realize that "Too many noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons eg. fang prime set. " is the actual point of maroo's bazar.  "noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons", there i made it more visible so you read it again and again till you get the point that maroo is where new players learn that argons are not tradeable and you get plat for effort not for every single generic drop in the game.

Sorry but "Too many noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons eg. fang prime set." this proves that you are the type of noob that doesn't have patience to help other noobs and just blames them for wasting space. I call hypocrisy manifest.

I agree it should be for noobs selling to noobs however how many noobs do you see buying ayatan stars off other noobs. Point is they are selling stuff that even other noobs don't want because they don't know its common items. Obviously they shouldn't be told the price of every item they can find out on their own but they should at least be told the very basics. I wasn't being a hypocrite In fact I`m one of the few people that actually helps them. It makes me sad seeing noobs wasting their own time. For the sake of 1 small tutorial DE could add in to save noobs hours/days and actually make them want to trade.

yes it is true some players pick it up on their own. Some players have help from other players. But what about the ones that don't ? what about them ? they are left to waste their own time and ultimately give up on trading and maybe even the game itself.

like I mentioned earlier if hardly any players are helping them out how can they expect to know what they are to sell and how much stuff goes for and how to remove a slot etc. some wont even get to that point because they don't even know someone is talking to them in chat while trading. I have had several players say to me they where giving up on trading because they weren't having fun (because no one was helping them and they waited for hours with no trades). The reason because Maroo`s doesn't actually help them only a small number of players in it do. 

Edited by (PS4)Mrseany247

Sorry mate, warframe doesn't do tutorials. it's not one of those games that tell you everything, it's one of those games that lets you discover everything on your own be it good or bad, get used to it, this is warframe and it doesn't need to change for the sake of people that might or might not play it. The beginning is hard for a reason, it will make you familiar to the hardness of the rest of the game, a tutorial will give you flat out info without making you research anything and once you get to a difficult thing you have no idea what to do because you are still waiting for a tutorial. Warframe is not for everyone and if someone can't get past the beginning without a tutorial then warframe is not for them, it's that simple. 

To make it simple: if you can not adapt to the world of warframe you shall not exist in the world of warframe.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

However if you ever go into maroo`s you will find that a majority of the players there are actually there to try and sell to noobs.

Yeah I've been there. It was before I had a functioning dojo to trade in. I was giving a couple of basic mods to a newer player who also didn't belong to a working clan. 

In short we were relatively inexperienced. And from what I remember, most of the people who were dressed up all fancy, offered stuff that even at the time, wasn't of interest to me. They were probably inexperienced too. 

Most experienced people don't go there anymore. We don't need to. 

Time to step up. 

1 hour ago, ChaosSabre said:

Why would you ever use that? Warframe.market exists and is a much better way to sell items.

Does anyone in these posts actually look at the previous posts, like seriously I`ve had to repeat myself multiple times 😂. Yes like many other noob players I started out in maroo`s but as I became better I started using the trading chat, warframe market, riven sites and switching servers to other bazars. I hardly use European maroo`s anyways its pretty much untradeable (at least on ps4 anyway I`m not sure if its the same on other platforms). I don't really actually go there to sell anything anymore. I mostly only go there to help out other noobs.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

Does anyone in these posts actually look at the previous posts, like seriously I`ve had to repeat myself multiple times 😂. Yes like many other noob players I started out in maroo`s but as I became better I started using the trading chat, warframe market, riven sites and switching servers to other bazars. I hardly use European maroo`s anyways its pretty much untradeable (at least on ps4 anyway I`m not sure if its the same on other platforms). I don't really actually go there to sell anything anymore. I mostly only go there to help out other noobs.

Most people aren't going to read through every post. 

As far as my experience with Maroos Bazaar, wen't pretty much like this 

Spoiler

Maroos is an inelegant "solution" to the whole trading problem. Honestly if my friend hadn't pointed me to the market site I probably would have quit Warframe a long time ago because trading is just such a hot mess. Especially when you are in a situation where playing the game has failed you so you need to trade but all you want to be doing is ...... playing the game, not sitting in trade chat for 3hrs spamming WTB/WTS/WTT. 

3 hours ago, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

Sorry mate, warframe doesn't do tutorials. it's not one of those games that tell you everything, it's one of those games that lets you discover everything on your own be it good or bad, get used to it, this is warframe and it doesn't need to change for the sake of people that might or might not play it. The beginning is hard for a reason, it will make you familiar to the hardness of the rest of the game, a tutorial will give you flat out info without making you research anything and once you get to a difficult thing you have no idea what to do because you are still waiting for a tutorial. Warframe is not for everyone and if someone can't get past the beginning without a tutorial then warframe is not for them, it's that simple. 

To make it simple: if you can not adapt to the world of warframe you shall not exist in the world of warframe.

Yeh I get that man, and if you bothered to read my full post you would have seen that I mentioned that I get that the game doesn't explain much and that I loved that about it. However most basic things in the game still have tutorials or at least ways of moving players in the right direction. For example when you first start playing you go through a mission and tutorial where you get shown how to use your weapons, abilities etc and what buttons to use when you do the war within you get the same with your operator. Then you further practice that with the mastery rank tests and such. There was nothing like that for trading at all yet its such an important part of the game. Like I mentioned to you in a pervious comment I`m not suggesting a complete 101 of trading I wouldn't want them to explain literally everything about trading or every item I know that's not what warframes about. A tutorial type quest was just an example it could be something completely different and more subtle maybe like maroo saying several phrases every so often that would cover the basics or you could go up to her and click on a 'what is trading' or what is rare items or something and she says a few phrases. the way lotus does in the orbiter 

23 hours ago, Oru5732 said:

I hope you are trolling. New players need to get slots, so they really need plat. Making trading unavailable to them seems super bad for the new player experience.

well, it would not really be "unavailable" in any case, since external trading site are for everyone to use too, and are the only real way to do so if you don't want to waste time in the awfull chat or the (indeed rather useless) bazar.

On 2018-09-03 at 4:26 PM, Buttaface said:

Maroo's was a sad, failed bandaid for what WF desperately needs, an auction house of some sort, with whatever limits are needed/required on that.

i thought so myself at a time (and sometimes still do), but an AH for WF isn't afterall a good idea - for the why, just read through the countless discusions about the issue (would derail otherwise to go through it again here) and then re-think your opinion about the idea - or not, that's upto you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

Emphasis added. 

This is the part that you seem to be missing. It's not about where you find your sales, but about where you go to complete the trade. Most folks don't bother to go to Maroo's, because they don't need to. Maroo's is primarily a place winexperienced players who may not have a better option go for their trades. 

It's like complaining that Lith, Earth has a lot of lower level players with unlevelled gear. That's what the point of the node is. 

48 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

well, it would not really be "unavailable" in any case, since external trading site are for everyone to use too, and are the only real way to do so if you don't want to waste time in the awfull chat or the (indeed rather useless) bazar.

Yeah, making people below MR6 unable to trade at all certainly wouldn't make trading unavailable./s

Did you even read what I quoted in my original post?

1 hour ago, Oru5732 said:

Yeah, making people below MR6 unable to trade at all certainly wouldn't make trading unavailable./s

Did you even read what I quoted in my original post?

let me ask you a counter-question:

do you really have anything worth trading and/or the platinum to buy something below the MR-restriction for trading?

usually one long past the MR-level before trading comes to mind. so i guess you are one of those players who want to everything at once, and think just because they bought some platinum they can get everything... well, mostly that's true, but DE certainly did not intended it be this way and put the restriction in the game. ofc, they failed the goal since they also want people to buy platinum. but they also know (or i hope they understand this) that people who get "all the good stuff" in a game will get bored real fast and drop it shortly after - but keeping a big playerbase is essential for every online game and especially those labled "f2p".

so, my suggestion to you (if you ARE indeed below the trade-restriction MR) play the game for a few hours with all the stuff you can get either free or for some credits in the store (or even buy with platinum) master it (by rushing through the "usual" methods, if you really want to) and soon enough you can trade.

btw, ofc i read your post, otherwise why should i bother reply to it, hmm? but just because i don't agree with it and say yes&amen to it, doesn't mean i didn't - somehow people tend to forget that other have their own opinion...

19 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

do you really have anything worth trading and/or the platinum to buy something below the MR-restriction for trading?

It's easy to acquire prime junk, even at MR2 and with that players can earn the plat they need for slots.

20 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

usually one long past the MR-level before trading comes to mind.

New players are the ones who need plat most, as they often lack slots and I have seen a fair share of people with MR3 or 4 who traded successfully for a bit of plat to get some slots.

37 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

btw, ofc i read your post, otherwise why should i bother reply to it, hmm? but just because i don't agree with it and say yes&amen to it, doesn't mean i didn't

I said that increasing the MR limit for the Process of Trading (not using trade chat or anything, but the trade itself) would make acquiring  plat for low MR players, who really need plat for slots, impossible (without using money)  that's a fact, there is no opinion involved. If people can't trade they can't get plat to buy things.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

Nah, maroo is a gimmick to introduce newbies to trading, by the time you join a clan and learn the game a bit you will learn of the unofficial sites that fill in the "trading" gap better than an official proxy ever would. WF does not need  a trading system, the community made sure of that and this is why warframe's community is purely awesome, it is filled with smart and talented people.

Warframe needs better trading functionality as a matter of fact and not opinion. Whether that is an AH with limits or something else is a matter of subjective opinion.