Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pixelized lotus

xKonsole

Hello, I have returned to the warframe after.. some time. And just finished new quests recently. Soo, seriously. I don't want to offend anyone, but what a cheap trick that is !

Just a suggestion: since lotus is gone(perma or temp, does not matter. for me anyway) why won't make some other mission curators? Like, you know. Syndicate leaders, maybe? Damn, that arbiter of hexis guy sounds great. Maybe give an option to select them instead of this pixel horror(seriously, after all this years, lotus became pretty annoying. I guess some will agree with that.) for plat?

Excuse me for my english, if something wrong.

Ah, yes. Forget the Lotus, Grineer are your masters. Submit for mercy.

12 minutes ago, xKonsole said:

Hello, I have returned to the warframe after.. some time. And just finished new quests recently. Soo, seriously. I don't want to offend anyone, but what a cheap trick that is !

Just a suggestion: since lotus is gone(perma or temp, does not matter. for me anyway) why won't make some other mission curators? Like, you know. Syndicate leaders, maybe? Damn, that arbiter of hexis guy sounds great. Maybe give an option to select them instead of this pixel horror(seriously, after all this years, lotus became pretty annoying. I guess some will agree with that.) for plat?

The first and foremost reason is probably just costs. I can't imagine how long or expensive or would be to re-record like 300+ unique lines of dialogue, which would also need their slight differences to make sense with the personality type of the speaker.

6 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I can't imagine how long or expensive or would be to re-record like 300+ unique lines of dialogue,

5 to 6 day recording session. Another 3 weeks for editing. 4 to 5 days for mix. Mastering and implementation could be tricky as you'd need to rebuild the database and reset all audio triggers and animations. For console, you'd need to send for cert. that's not including the talent costs... 

Part of me is convinced that DE are setting this up with the new war quest.

I mean if all the big faction leaders fall, the one kween thats left and the corpus board, then the minor leaders (bosses) and syndicates would be left fighting for themselves opening up the possibility for tenno to join any of them.

That's why I mentioned an option with plat access to it. 

14 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I can't imagine how long or expensive or would be to re-record like 300+ unique lines of dialogue, which would also need their slight differences to make sense with the personality type of the speaker.

17 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Also that is not happening because they would have to record a lot of new lines.

Probably you just don't know how this works, tbh. - recording new lines would not take any close to "a lot of time" since they are not dialogues. You can probably voice over 100 lines in a day without hurry. Adding some voice filters is even simplier.

5 minutes ago, xKonsole said:

Probably you just don't know how this works, tbh. - recording new lines would not take any close to "a lot of time" since they are not dialogues. You can probably voice over 100 lines in a day without hurry. Adding some voice filters is even simplier.

I never said it would take "a lot of time". I said it's a lot of new lines.

1 hour ago, xKonsole said:

You should hopefully be able to record more than 100 lines in a day. A normal audiobook budget is around 100 lines per hour of work. And that's including 2-3 takes of each line.

Professional voice actors will rarely work more than 3-4 hours a day, though, since they have to go easy on their throat. 

1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

They have better things to do other than re-recording every voice line of the Lotus, including events, don't you think?

Sure thing, you know what they better have to do or what not to. 😁

Edited by xKonsole

The last time Rebecca mentioned how many voice lines of the Lotus were in the game, she said it was around 450. Even generously discounting around a third of that because of the quests, that still leaves DE to pay a VA to record 300 lines of dialogue.

Our mission handler will change, I'm sure, but it's not as simple as [pick X, pay to rerecord, done].

58 minutes ago, xKonsole said:

Sure thing, you know what they better have to do or what not to. 😁

Since I indeed follow what they do on a daily basis, yes, I "know what they better have to do or what not to."

You said you returned to the game after... some time, so I surely know better than you

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

4 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Since I indeed follow what they do on a daily basis, yes, I know what they better have to do or what not to.

You said you returned to the game after... some time, so I surely know better than you

What's better and what is not is subjective. I'd much rather have a Lotus replacement than I'd have pointless stuff like Railjack which I know I won't be playing anyway. I'd wager a lot of people won't agree with me on that.

Just now, rune_me said:

What's better and what is not is subjective. I'd much rather have a Lotus replacement than I'd have pointless stuff like Railjack which I know I won't be playing anyway. I'd wager a lot of people won't agree with me on that.

You're right, I don't XD

Ordis said he synthesized her commands so during missions it’s fine. But during quests it becomes rather obvious and breaks my suspension of disbelief when she interacts with other NPCs. 

Another fine and funny example was given weeks ago, someone cited that holo Lotus still changed plans into Exermination, which is weird for a recording to ask. 

Teshin needs to take command in the relays and missions or the entire operation will look like it’s being automated by Ordis and Lotus’ copy 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

15 hours ago, xKonsole said:

I would certainly like that, but i don't think that is going to happen.

9 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Yeah sure, just say I'm wrong without any explanation whatsoever 

As if you did give any explanation. Time spent in game seems to be your "argument" and it is flawed. If old people had it their way and insisted they know better because they lived longer (a direct analogy to your premise) then we would not have internet and the Warframe game whose forum topic you try to derail. Food for thought.

---

On topic and as a paying player, I would very much like interchangeable narrators. Lotus makes sense lore-wise up until the Second Dream quest but from then on the players should be able to pick another narrator if they can afford the platinum cost.