Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Onslaught is Pointless Boredom Because of Saryn

ActionPoohole

I think saryn is at a good point atm her 3 is pretty nice . she can clear low till mid level and in high level idk since her 1 isnt viral anymore no one brings her to harder content. at least to my lobbies. lets say she was more useful. i sound like an ass now but tbh? she isnt op like ember wasnt op before. keep nerfing stuff coz FUN ISNT ALLOWED 🙂

vor 2 Minuten schrieb lNooBDowlN:

I think saryn is at a good point atm her 3 is pretty nice . she can clear low till mid level and in high level idk since her 1 isnt viral anymore no one brings her to harder content. at least to my lobbies. lets say she was more useful. i sound like an ass now but tbh? she isnt op like ember wasnt op before. keep nerfing stuff coz FUN ISNT ALLOWED 🙂

u are aware corrosive on her 1 is better vs high lvl highly armored targets ?

i agree tho, ppl only consider the ONE game mode which has perfect conditions for her, where she does shine exceptionally, and use that as a basis to scream for a nerf without actually being fair.

Juuuuuuust incase you forgot or you never knew OP, here's this 

and also this because it never got fixed

So to compare how warframes and equipment do in ESO and complain that they're too good and is in need of a nerf is very incorrect.  As a previous poster commented somewhere, instead of a nerf, other warframes should be brought up to the same level or reworked in the same category, aoe to aoe, support to support, melee to melee, etc.,

1 hour ago, Xydeth said:

u are aware corrosive on her 1 is better vs high lvl highly armored targets ?

i agree tho, ppl only consider the ONE game mode which has perfect conditions for her, where she does shine exceptionally, and use that as a basis to scream for a nerf without actually being fair.

Too much logic for this thread, move along please.

Let it be clear that, regardless of where you stand on this topic... whether she's broadly OP or not, or Onslaught OP or not...

People get MAD at you for bringing non-Saryn, non-Volt frames into Onslaught.

So just let that sizzle in your brain for a minute.

Come on man

How good is she at every thing else?

People whine about ivaras' invisibilty too, and Loki,s and other abilities from other frames

On 2018-08-19 at 1:13 PM, Zilchy said:

Some people don't seem to understand the concept of having a tool for each job.

This

I admit i havent played as Saryn, but then again i havent really noticed Saryn dominating when i play in a squad with her either.  I dont have many frames, but the 4 i do have each have their own niche and are used as such.  Simples.

people get mad? makes sense coz its inefficient.  for example same with a slow nova on hydron. why would you play 10 rounds in ~ 20mins when you could do it in 10mins or less. buff other warframes/weapons/etc and expand the "meta". so you have a bigger pool of useful mechanics/ team setups/..... people will always  get triggered by playstyles or warframes they dont like. btw slash ignore (username) works

I initially ignored this thread because I had feeling this was going to turn into yet another back and forth of the same old arguments regarding Saryn, game balance and etc. But then I see this thread somehow still staying on the front page after a month, and I just had to be curious to where the thread's conversation went. And lo and behold, I wasted time reading stuff I already know regarding the arguments from both sides just with different people posting.

This isn't a knock on anyone particular. This is more just me expressing annoyance at my self for going thread even though I know I'm going to annoyed for wasting my time on something personally never cared to begin with.

Yeah, yeah, I'm weird and i got way too much time on hands, tell me something I don't know. Better to just lay it all out and be done with it.

Carry on whatever you guys are arguing about.

9 hours ago, Scyion said:

I bet most people wish Saryn 2.0 was still the current Saryn Lewl

Well, i for one wouldn't. She was only used for viral procs and did pitiful damage compared to other damage dealers.

Besides that, you realize how it was so much lazier before (Cast Molt and Spore on it while throwing a Zenistar disc, Pox or Torid at the Molt) while being a complete macro machine? And nobody complained about such unimaginative and lazy playstyle? But now, that she's actually able to kill (doesn't matter if it takes more effort than before) and that we have another used DPS frame besides the only 1 or 2 meta ones, it's suddenly a crime? Not even the mention that ESO is like made for Saryn? It enforces you to nuke enemies as quick as you can in a closed and rather short map with seamlessly endless spawns. And if you don't, you lose. People enter this game mode with mediocre or just the wrong gear (with which they could never even go to Rotation C by themself) and then complain that somebody who prepared themself gets the kills. Sad, really.

To prove a point i just went into the simulacrum + ESO to find out what makes people scream "NERF SARYN SHE LEAVES ME WITH NO KILLS". I tried harder than i needed to with 337% Power Strength. And the spores simply won't work alone. You can spread them but it grows slowly. And when it reaches the damage point, enough to onehit enemies, you won't be able to keep up to keep spores spreading since because of the enemies dying by the spores damage alone, it means your damage is falling off and that is quickly. And in that time where it's falling off or where enemies are infected and take damage slowly (especially infested), you will have more than enough time to get your own slice of bread (aka kills) especially in ESO where it's hordes EVERYWHERE.

Except when you enter with trash or level gear and then complain that a DPS setup is outperforming you. That's you to blame then though. Besides, stripping armor and dealing DoTs is pretty much all she can do. No CC and Molt being her only real defensive move which is also pretty unreliable. "Press 4 to nuke" is never cool + it's lazy. But this isn't the case here and everyone who actually dealt with the matter should know that.

TL;DR Don't enter ESO with undermodded or weak gear. The rest solves itself.

Edited by IceColdHawk

On August 18, 2018 at 10:06 PM, Kraythax said:

Before the rework she was weak. Now she makes the old ember look like an MR1. 

Her 1 is a cheap skill that does all the damage. It can be modded up so that immediately when enemies spawn in onslaught they are dead. I have seen them Spawned, and die before they cane even move. Not to mention it can be modded up so it literally covers an entire onslaught match. Its impossible to go into a onslaught without being practically a spectator. The frame is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered. Tone it down to at least something moderately reasonable. No doubt I will get flamed by a ton of Saryn players but anyone in a game with Saryn is little more than a spectator. Until then, its going to be my policy to leave any onslaught squad with Saryn in it. 

The rest of us would like to get a few kills now and then.

EDIT: Left 4 squads in 5 min. All with 2 or 3 saryns in them. 

Hahahaha maxxed strength rhino roar plus lenz or maxxed range rhino stomp maxxed equinox maxxed frost etc .

Hopefully i see you in game with your '' god saryn'' que rhino grabs saryn for a beatdown then rhino  says puny god 

49 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Well, i for one wouldn't. She was only used for viral procs and did pitiful damage compared to other damage dealers.

Besides that, you realize how it was so much lazier before (Cast Molt and Spore on it while throwing a Zenistar disc, Pox or Torid at the Molt) while being a complete macro machine? And nobody complained about such unimaginative and lazy playstyle? But now, that she's actually able to kill (doesn't matter if it takes more effort than before) and that we have another used DPS frame besides the only 1 or 2 meta ones, it's suddenly a crime? Not even the mention that ESO is like made for Saryn? It enforces you to nuke enemies as quick as you can in a closed and rather short map with seamlessly endless spawns. And if you don't, you lose. People enter this game mode with mediocre or just the wrong gear (with which they could never even go to Rotation C by themself) and then complain that somebody who prepared themself gets the kills. Sad, really.

To prove a point i just went into the simulacrum + ESO to find out what makes people scream "NERF SARYN SHE LEAVES ME WITH NO KILLS". I tried harder than i needed to with 337% Power Strength. And the spores simply won't work alone. You can spread them but it grows slowly. And when it reaches the damage point, enough to onehit enemies, you won't be able to keep up to keep spores spreading since because of the enemies dying by the spores damage alone, it means your damage is falling off and that is quickly. And in that time where it's falling off or where enemies are infected and take damage slowly (especially infested), you will have more than enough time to get your own slice of bread (aka kills) especially in ESO where it's hordes EVERYWHERE.

Except when you enter with trash or level gear and then complain that a DPS setup is outperforming you. That's you to blame then though. Besides, stripping armor and dealing DoTs is pretty much all she can do. No CC and Molt being her only real defensive move which is also pretty unreliable. "Press 4 to nuke" is never cool + it's lazy. But this isn't the case here and everyone who actually dealt with the matter should know that.

TL;DR Don't enter ESO with undermodded or weak gear. The rest solves itself.

Exactly .

I enter eso with maxxed rhino maxxed gear and folks whine about my kill stealing?

Sigh i change to equinox maxxed gear maxxed aaaand folks whine about my kill stealing ?

Argh i change to banshee maxxed gear maxxed aaaand folks whine about my kill stealing ?

Last eso i said i am maxxed Warframe maxxed gear so forget about getting most kills with your freshly forma gear.

And two freshly forma folks left squad lol some folks geez.

7 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Let it be clear that, regardless of where you stand on this topic... whether she's broadly OP or not, or Onslaught OP or not...

People get MAD at you for bringing non-Saryn, non-Volt frames into Onslaught.

So just let that sizzle in your brain for a minute.

I bring maxxed Warframe rhino i bring force specter trinity , cosmic specter nidus, vapor specter mesa and folks go nuts saying but but but thats too many Warframes lol guess all they see for specters are lame syndicate specters lol.

1. sub-set of Warframe 'community' wanted Banshee nerfed due to her augment making here the best choice for farming focus/exp. DE obliged. Instead of thanking them the 'community' were enraged. 

2. sub-set of Warframe 'community' wanted Ember nerfed due to her WOF was killing everything. DE obliged. The 'community' got enraged at the nerf.

3. sub-set of Warframe 'community' wants Saryn nerfed due to her skills insta-killing enemies at low levels. DE....

I think i see where the problem is...

Edited by tychondus

14 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Everyone's fast at low levels, and Saryn can happily spam her range-buffed 4 to kill way more than Excalibur can with the 12 target and LoS limited RJ.

I know thats one of the big reasons I hated the arguments for the Ember nerf. Stuff can't be nerfed because it can kill pre-30 stuff fast.

7 hours ago, (XB1)GhostofaMessiah said:

What the heck does a rim job have to do with Warframe?

Radial Javilen... XD (I'm pretty sure you where joking...right?)

6 hours ago, GuardWarg said:

I initially ignored this thread because I had feeling this was going to turn into yet another back and forth of the same old arguments regarding Saryn, game balance and etc. But then I see this thread somehow still staying on the front page after a month, and I just had to be curious to where the thread's conversation went. And lo and behold, I wasted time reading stuff I already know regarding the arguments from both sides just with different people posting.

This isn't a knock on anyone particular. This is more just me expressing annoyance at my self for going thread even though I know I'm going to annoyed for wasting my time on something personally never cared to begin with.

Yeah, yeah, I'm weird and i got way too much time on hands, tell me something I don't know. Better to just lay it all out and be done with it.

Carry on whatever you guys are arguing about.

Well wow, you didn't even add any comment on the topiooc just made a "complain about complainers" post that adds in stuff just as bad as stuff you just complained about!

20 hours ago, angias said:

Does she seems OP? Yes.

Stacking debuff with scaling damage, is actually very good.

Is it Overpowered? Yes.

Spore is actually extremely weak against low lvl enemy, but against high level enemy it's ridiculously efficient. They will eventually die no matter the lvl (ya usually don't top score like that), the problem is it's super easy to manage.

The only thing i could suggest has a change is hadding a timer on each spore, so inverted duration build doesn't shine.

Srsly a hard cap of 100k and not losing the buildup when spores disapear is too much.

It's not that easy to manage. There's plenty of ways to shut it down thats beyond your control.

1. It starts off very weak, needs enemies infected (thats capped at max 10) to build up. Enemies need to stay alive as long as possible to keep infected number going. (If your team mates kill the enemies your stack is going to slow way down and if they run out of enemies your stack is going to reset to 0)

2.  Your stacks will pretty much always reset to 0 between waves. As it takes something like 4 seconds of no infected to reduce stacks to 0. First tick of 0 infected takes down 20% of your stacks, thats a big hit. it's 10% eact tick after. (IIRC a tick is .5 seconds.)

3. If your stacks are so strong that it kills before you build up much stacks it can burn itself out quickly. Especially if your playing on more open maps tiles. Or if your team mates kill a gap to far for spores to jump.

So there you go guys, all you have to do is actually fight and kill the enemy from the beginning to keep a saryn down. She practically never get more then 1000-2000 on endless normal missions. Usually I can only make a max of like 700-1200 in a survival in levels of about 40-60. The requirement of letting your enemies live to ramp up your infected numbers and gain stacks makes it harder and harder for the Saryn to survive the higher you get. (enemy level scaling)

This is coming from a person that mains a Ember but plays saryn a bit too. I'm by no means a master at Saryn but I do ok I think for the most part.  So really I don't think she's overpowered. I think she was made more simple to use effectively. The only toxin spreading spores had the possibility to do even more damage but it was stupidly hard to get it to work most of the time unless you knew a good trick.

1 hour ago, tychondus said:

1. sub-set of Warframe 'community' wanted Banshee nerfed due to her augment making here the best choice for farming focus/exp. DE obliged. Instead of thanking them the 'community' were enraged. 

2. sub-set of Warframe 'community' wanted Ember nerfed due to her WOF was killing everything. DE obliged. The 'community' got enraged at the nerf.

3. sub-set of Warframe 'community' wants Saryn nerfed due to her skills insta-killing enemies at low levels. DE....

I think i see where the problem is...

Indeed especially in the case of the Ember nerf (I'm an Eber main for the most part) The "nerf only "annoyed" the meme build Ember on low levels that was the source of the complaining and made it a big hit for people that actually liked to use her on the higher level stuff.

Edited by Andaius