Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phantasma and Mirage

Kialandi

Game crasher combo is back.

I was hosting a fissure run and someone with Mirage used Phantasma's secondary fire. I stayed in the game but everyone else lost connection.

Would it be possible to tone down the particles a bit?

I don't have any other problems with Mirage + weapon combo except for this one.

Il y a 15 heures, Kialandi a dit :

Would it be possible to tone down the particles a bit?

Instead of toning down a weapon's visuals for everyone, only because of 0.0001% players with specific builds in specific situations,

maybe tone it down for mirage only?

Edited by Robolaser

16 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

What makes you so Sure it was the Phantasm + Mirage that caused other players to lose connection? Could be just a coincidence.

It happened when Mirage used the Phantasma while I was looking at her.  First I could see a massive FPS drop, then my screen froze for 2 seconds and then everyone got kicked out.

I think it might have been Phantasma + Riven + Mirage because it doesn't always happen.

4 hours ago, KenthNisshoku said:

I am also suffering framerate drops with a Mirage + Phantasma...

also regarding the players losing connection is the fault of the Mirage + Phantasma making their games freeze and crash

Mirage herself got kicked out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-08 at 1:41 PM, Robolaser said:

Instead of toning down a weapon's visuals for everyone, only because of 0.0001% players with specific builds in specific situations,

maybe tone it down for mirage only?

Time for mirage' HoM to give mirage herself damage buff instead of spamming additional 4 more shots per clone.

On 2018-09-16 at 6:45 AM, low1991 said:

Time for mirage' HoM to give mirage herself damage buff instead of spamming additional 4 more shots per clone.

HoM is significantly more for aoe and status from getting more projectiles fired off-center, than for damage. The damage is just bonus. So hell no, fix Phantasma's vfx, don't nerf HoM into the ground.

18 hours ago, Eirshy said:

HoM is significantly more for aoe and status from getting more projectiles fired off-center, than for damage. The damage is just bonus. So hell no, fix Phantasma's vfx, don't nerf HoM into the ground.

True if you said it that way, dont fix what's broken. But it's observe that it is broken when a player can crash the host due to a certain ability or cause multiple rapid light source (flash photography).

I can also confirm that this lags everything to next to no fps. I have a GTX 1080 and my FPS ends up dropping down to sub 20, at one point down to 1-3 for several seconds where I thought my game was going to crash because of it. Max multishot and max ammo count makes it far far worse with burdened magazine and ammo stock too. c_c Running on Ludicrous particles setting too as an fyi if anyone was wondering.

On 2018-09-18 at 7:28 AM, low1991 said:

True if you said it that way, dont fix what's broken. But it's observe that it is broken when a player can crash the host due to a certain ability or cause multiple rapid light source (flash photography).

HoM itself isn't what's broken. The vfx either has a leak, was naively implemented, or is just straight too much.

Again, you're advocating for a DRASTIC nerf of the ability that is the reason most people even play Mirage in the first place, all because one weapon can cause some problems.

The issue is not HoM, it's the Phantasma. You get a squad with 3 of them you'll have the same problem, even if you nerfed Mirage's entourage into the ground. You need to actually fix the actual problem: the Phantasma's vfx.

EDIT: Tested in the simulacrum last night, my pc doesn't even notice when I do it (no riven, HC+VA multishot, AS mag, Hall of Mirrors). Still seems like it's too much (given others are straight up crashing), but the guy claiming his GTX 1080 is chugging hard on this is amusing to me when my GTX 980M (yes, -M) has zero issue.

Edited by Eirshy

On 2018-09-18 at 9:11 PM, Eirshy said:

HoM itself isn't what's broken. The vfx either has a leak, was naively implemented, or is just straight too much.

Again, you're advocating for a DRASTIC nerf of the ability that is the reason most people even play Mirage in the first place, all because one weapon can cause some problems.

The issue is not HoM, it's the Phantasma. You get a squad with 3 of them you'll have the same problem, even if you nerfed Mirage's entourage into the ground. You need to actually fix the actual problem: the Phantasma's vfx.

EDIT: Tested in the simulacrum last night, my pc doesn't even notice when I do it (no riven, HC+VA multishot, AS mag, Hall of Mirrors). Still seems like it's too much (given others are straight up crashing), but the guy claiming his GTX 1080 is chugging hard on this is amusing to me when my GTX 980M (yes, -M) has zero issue.

These kind of things depend on the users pc, i have a weapon combination on harrow what drops down my fps by 25 and more on weaker or "more stressed" computers. If i could get a multishot, firerate and negative projectile speed riven for my supra im sure i could crash someones game.

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

These kind of things depend on the users pc, i have a weapon combination on harrow what drops down my fps by 25 and more on weaker or "more stressed" computers. If i could get a multishot, firerate and negative projectile speed riven for my supra im sure i could crash someones game.

Well yeah, you'd be able to give anyone an out-of-memory error because your spawned projectiles never despawn. Unless there's a projectile limit, of course. This is also why navigator contagion was (is?) so silly- the grenades don't despawn, so you just leak memory till the game can't any more.

Anyways, there's a reason I don't disagree that, if crashes are happening, this needs addressing. However it's specifically that weapon that is causing the issue, so look at the vfx and bottlenecks in the Phantasma's code, and correct that. I'm just offering the fact that some of us with older high-end hardware don't notice the problem while defending Hall of Mirrors lol.

1 hour ago, Eirshy said:

Well yeah, you'd be able to give anyone an out-of-memory error because your spawned projectiles never despawn. Unless there's a projectile limit, of course. This is also why navigator contagion was (is?) so silly- the grenades don't despawn, so you just leak memory till the game can't any more.

Anyways, there's a reason I don't disagree that, if crashes are happening, this needs addressing. However it's specifically that weapon that is causing the issue, so look at the vfx and bottlenecks in the Phantasma's code, and correct that. I'm just offering the fact that some of us with older high-end hardware don't notice the problem while defending Hall of Mirrors lol.

The firerate and the multishot is needed to put out as much projectiles as possible, the negative speed is only there to fasten the whole crashing process.

I too agree, in cases like this the problem comes from the overblown weapon effects. Its not a frames fault that something was designed in a way that it eats up memory.

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The firerate and the multishot is needed to put out as much projectiles as possible, the negative speed is only there to fasten the whole crashing process.

Without the negative speed the projectiles would despawn fairly rapidly and thus, unless there's a memory leak in the projectile spawn/strike/despawn logic, the vast majority of machines wouldn't care.

Edited by Eirshy