Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, (XB1)Bittertoe said:

This is crap. Reduce Warding Halo to 90% and Shields by 75?  With, Oh Boy wait for it....., a 150 health boost. You took a Glass Canon and made her glassier!  How about you guys focus more on content, less on reworking working frames and knock it off with all the Operator garbage? Speaking of which, I play to play my frames not some whimpy teenager that can't even jump! Your ability to make this game a hassle to play is astounding!  

I can sympathize with the rework not being all that great for everyone but for some builds, the Lotus Prince is more tanky this way, not the ideal situation since the damage resist is removed once it takes the unreduced amount of damage worth of life it built up but It is essentially better for a very particular narrow build. I can also understand not wanting to think of your character as the Tenno, since they are small teenager sized and the game is called Warframe, but the game has always been about slowly revealing and showing the layers of what the Tenno represent. In this case, we use living bio-mechanical creatures versus exosuits and are essentially akin to anime or manga espers.

Think of influences such as Guyver heavily influencing Warframe and you have the idea.

On 2018-09-28 at 1:54 AM, (XB1)Bittertoe said:

This is crap. Reduce Warding Halo to 90% and Shields by 75?  With, Oh Boy wait for it....., a 150 health boost. You took a Glass Canon and made her glassier!  How about you guys focus more on content, less on reworking working frames and knock it off with all the Operator garbage? Speaking of which, I play to play my frames not some whimpy teenager that can't even jump! Your ability to make this game a hassle to play is astounding!  

Not even close to glass canon. And also, shields are utter crap in this game, because of armor. 150HP is much more effective than 75 shields. Gara has less effective HP thanks to her armor, and is fine with 90% reduction.

On 2018-09-27 at 6:54 PM, (XB1)Bittertoe said:

Calm. 

Try

Equilibrium. Fleeting expertise. Rush

Gladiator resolve and aegis and finese

Blind rage. Primed continuity. Intensify 

And enemy radar. First frame iam not using hunter adrenaline or rage on because this new rework gives him so much potential with his chakrams dropping orbs all over. Try it with health conversion or energy conversion.

He has so much potential with equilibrium.

The 90% damage helps to allow damage to his health to pick up health orbs that benefit health conversion and equilibrium

I prefer blind rage though

On 2018-09-26 at 9:09 AM, Csaszar said:

Please consider to change reaping chakram that its bonus would effect energy orb drop chance instead of healing orbs. Or increase at least to 50% the energy orb droprate.

A bit more constant energy orb rate would maybe bolster the variety of Nezha builds.

And the chakram hit or miss mechanic should be looked on asap. Right now it almost invalidates the use.

Hold to toss.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-05 at 5:51 PM, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

Hold to toss

Yeah i am doing that. But that 1-2 sec stop could cost you dearly.

Chakram is not for damage at high lvls but for utility. The quick cast should at least hit the guys in front of Nez.

I am all for granted hits based on power strength.

This and the increased chance for energy orbs would place Nez in the "complete" cathegory a truly rare breed in WF. Shouldnt miss the opportunity...

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Csaszar:

Yeah i am doing that. But that 1-2 sec stop could cost you dearly.

Chakram is not for damage at high lvls but for utility. The quick cast should at least hit the guys in front of Nez.

I am all for granted hits based on power strength.

This and the increased chance for energy orbs would place Nez in the "complete" cathegory a truly rare breed in WF. Shouldnt miss the opportunity...

You can change hold/press ability in the settings

so here r my thoughts after playing the new reworked nezha:
keep in mind that nezha is my 2nd most used frame so i spent a LOT of time with this frame!

fire walker is a very useless ability, it did became better but still useless.

the charge for chakram and the damage boost is nice but the loss of the healing pulse for a miserable health orb was a very bad idea. my old nezha had a pulse that could heal over 500 health removing that for an health orb that gives 25 health was terrible idea. even if u use an arcane or a mod that can give u a bonus from an orb it's still nowhere near as useful as the healing pulse was since it could restore much more health and not just your own, your companions' health too...
u should have increased the range on the healing pulse and make it give energy this could have been great with the synergy the chakram has with divine spears now (which was a good addition too).

buffing the the damage conversion into health during the invulnerability phase and making the health of the halo visible is great but reducing the the damage protection for 90% damage reduction was a bad choice... maybe it could have worked if nezha could still heal himself but u removed that!!!!

divine spears was done right.

the better options would be if-
1. chakram's healing pulse would heal the warding halo and warding halo would stay at 100% damage reduction (a synergy i'm sure a lot of players wnated)
2. halo would be 90% damage reduction but chakram's pulse remains.

Nezha revisit - despite my own previous fears - were largely a success.

The most argued features for example the health orb or the 90% reduction are the best and most brilliant additions. Some ppl still doesnt understand the vast opportunities thar opens. Their utility and usefulness skyrocketed.

Try health conversion, adaptive armor and some other mods and arcanes and you will see.

The 1st skill should be more speed oriented forgetting the other aspects or give them some true synergy with the other 3 abilities. 

If chakram would work better and could hit enemies much more consistently (and would drop energy orb a bit more frequent) the frame would be truly complete.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Nezha improved quite a bit after this update. It is now a reasonable main, capable of tanking a decent amount of damage and still requiring player attention.

Two points don't convince me though:
1) Other frames have a 95% reduction with their tanking abilities. That would be quite nice on Nezha;
2) Is the Chakram reliable? I use it when health gets low but I'm not really sure it hits all the enemies it can - sometimes it appers it hits nothing at all - and if the health orb drop chance is working or not.

6 hours ago, den2k said:

I think Nezha improved quite a bit after this update. It is now a reasonable main, capable of tanking a decent amount of damage and still requiring player attention.

Two points don't convince me though:
1) Other frames have a 95% reduction with their tanking abilities. That would be quite nice on Nezha;
2) Is the Chakram reliable? I use it when health gets low but I'm not really sure it hits all the enemies it can - sometimes it appers it hits nothing at all - and if the health orb drop chance is working or not.

2) Imo it's not.
It doesnt hit many enemies even when they increased the chances.
Also, it doesn't drop that many orbs (even with the right mod for it)
Plus the orbs dont heal all that much (before the rework, it used to give better healing but it was a wave at the moment of kill instead of just picking it up when u need it)

1) tea

• 1 month later...

Archived