Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Yeah but did you ever ask anyone just why that is? Sole reason he's still accepted is because he can still oneshot eidolon limbs, the same way rhino does (obviously since theyr offensive buffs are about equal)

No matter how bad he is aside from that

No matter how bad its utility is compared to rhino

It's a goddarn joke man.

well honestly to my opinion i think the fix or nerf could be justified to his vex armor due to too many players obsessing over the damage rather then caring for the frame and it's theme as a whole, my case and point is people suggesting to replace spectral scream with an elemental swap ability. the frame has nothing to sell besides the vex armor so thats why the nerf to his vex armor felt so heavy.

plus the game is based around 1-100 and getting over that tends to cause the scaling of the enemies to go out of wack. so trying to argue about going beyond the necessary borders is kind of pointless.

hang on. just had a thought involving with vex armor and his armor part being a little less effective. what about the idea of splitting in half and have fury be the passive and buff damage & ability power while have the scion or the armor part just work on it's own. seems like the main reason why the armor tanked hard in the first place. and maybe cycle around the abilitiest and have scion or vex armor in the first spot while have effigy in 3 and spectral scream reworked into a fun and engaging 4th ability.

5 hours ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

if you're not agree don't say anything, just ignore that message and go away

This is how echo chambers are made im sorry but different opinions are needed to have a discussion of any worth filling a room with people who just agree with each other doesn't accomplish anything of what they want. You need to make it clear what you want and how you want and be ready to have a talk with people who disagree with you to try and persuade them your side of the discussion or explain if they are misunderstanding something telling them if you don't agree don't say anything and to go away is telling me i want a echo chamber where people only agree with me. De said there working on tweaks for chorma so your little "revolution" as i seen some people call it is kinda pointless all you guys really gotta do is wait and see 

Edit: take the megathread tag off its only for Dev staff to use 

Edited by seprent

Is obvious that Chroma needs a rework in primis for his 3rd ability ( he needs the old formula without the double dipping damage and he would be perfect) for the first ( is simply useless, make this ability an elemental rotation like quiver would be nice) a better 4th ( this ability should be a continuous stun ability, stuck in a place like right now but continuous ad a time ability, let me now if someone have a better idea for this) and a little buff to the 2nd ( more armor for ice, more reload speed and movement speed for toxin, something more for electric). 

Keep spamming and DE will know that we want a rework for the dragon king. 

Edited by (XB1)TRL kaldwin

27 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

Is obvious that Chroma needs a rework in primis for his 3rd ability ( he needs the old formula without the double dipping damage and he would be perfect) for the first ( is simply useless, make this ability an elemental rotation like quiver would be nice) a better 4th ( this ability should be a continuous stun ability, stuck in a place like right now but continuous ad a time ability, let me now if someone have a better idea for this) and a little buff to the 2nd ( more armor for ice, more reload speed and movement speed for toxin, something more for electric). 

Keep spamming and DE will know that we want a rework for the dragon king. 

only problem is. that idea strictly removes the "dragon king" aspect from the frame.  no elemental breath means not dragon. the breath ability is one of the main part of the dragon theme. once it is remove it is just a salamander, lizard, or an average dinosaur with an useless elemental swap with no way of distributing the elemental status procs.

and this like what i said. people who are more concerned about the damage and armor buffs then chroma and his theme as a whole. to where people want the frame to be more about this part rather then what would make his abilities more fun and engaging. this is not a weapons themed warframe this is a dragon, dragon slayer, dragon knight, dragon berserker themed warframe.

while it  would be easy and nice to add nice mechanics that ended up alright on other frames but that ends up removing the personality and individuality when you include random similar mechanics that in paper and mind sound great, but it could take away the feel and personality of the frame.

Edited by maddragonmaster
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

only problem is. that idea strictly removes the "dragon king" aspect from the frame.  no elemental breath means not dragon. the breath ability is one of the main part of the dragon theme. once it is remove it is just a salamander, lizard, or an average dinosaur with an useless elemental swap with no way of distributing the elemental status procs.

and this like what i said. people who are more concerned about the damage and armor buffs then chroma and his theme as a whole. to where people want the frame to be more about this part rather then what would make his abilities more fun and engaging. this is not a weapons themed warframe this is a dragon, dragon slayer, dragon knight, dragon berserker themed warframe.

while it  would be easy and nice to add nice mechanics that ended up alright on other frames but that ends up removing the personality and individuality when you include random similar mechanics that in paper and mind sound great, but it could take away the feel and personality of the frame.

When I said " elemental rotation" I mean that the damage type ( fire, toxi, ice and electric) can be chosen ingame and no longer be a passive. 

The breath ability will remain, but you can change the damage type with a mechanic similar to quiver. 

And if we put a life steal of the 8%( not affected by mod) would be nice. 

I said this because frame like atlas with his first (landslide) is invincible while u use it, so we can put a lifesteal on chroma to improve the ability. 

I suggest to change also the base damage ( from 200 to 150) but it can be affected by the rifle mod. 

This change with the increased buff of vex armor and a better 4th would make Chroma great again, in terms of damage and armor but also with cc and dragon characteristic. 

I leave a link with a great idea of a Chroma rework ( I know is a post from an other player but I don't care) 

And this one explain the problem of vex armor ( also taken by a player, Sorry but they expose the question better than me) 

I add only one last thing. Even vex armor is a dragon skill. Legend has it that the skin of dragons is very hard and impenetrable to swords and spears (apart from the black arrows of the Lord of the rings, lol) so in a sense they have ruined the only dragon thing he had.

Edited by (XB1)TRL kaldwin

5 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

When I said " elemental rotation" I mean that the damage type ( fire, toxi, ice and electric) can be chosen ingame and no longer be a passive. 

The breath ability will remain, but you can change the damage type with a mechanic similar to quiver. 

And if we put a life steal of the 8%( not affected by mod) would be nice. 

I said this because frame like atlas with his first (landslide) is invincible while u use it, so we can put a lifesteal on chroma to improve the ability. 

I suggest to change also the base damage ( from 200 to 150) but it can be affected by the rifle mod. 

This change with the increased buff of vex armor and a better 4th would make Chroma great again, in terms of damage and armor but also with cc and dragon characteristic. 

I leave a link with a great idea of a Chroma rework ( I know is a post from an other player but I don't care) 

And this one explain the problem of vex armor ( also taken by a player, Sorry but they expose the question better than me) 

the downside of having a elemental rotation ability would be the cycling of the abilities if it is a press key to move to the next element. example if you want toxin and your on heat you might have to press the button 3 times in order to get to it. and the having a small wheel pop up could be easily distracting since chroma's basic way of playing him is to get into a massive crowd and wreak havoc send everything to ruin. with the pelt being the saving grace to get you out of that situation. though the eiffigy has too much of a energy drain to warrant it as a saving grace.

4 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

the downside of having a elemental rotation ability would be the cycling of the abilities if it is a press key to move to the next element. example if you want toxin and your on heat you might have to press the button 3 times in order to get to it. and the having a small wheel pop up could be easily distracting since chroma's basic way of playing him is to get into a massive crowd and wreak havoc send everything to ruin. with the pelt being the saving grace to get you out of that situation. though the eiffigy has too much of a energy drain to warrant it as a saving grace.

If DE will change effigy in a time ability the problem will be solved. 

You think that the elemtal rotation in that way can be pretty complicated... Even if we leave the passive like this and not put an elemental ( changing all the thing that i've said) Chroma will return to his great place with something better. 

The idea of elemental rotation isn't mine but I like it so I proposed it. 

The most important thing to me is bringing back the old formula of vex armor, than at that point take ALL (or at least a large part) of the ideas of the Chroma fans to do a real rework and apply them as much as possible (do not expire to create an op warframe). 

I want to much play again with a badass dragon-tank, sorry for my obsession ahahah

3 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i can see the idea of a elemental rotation mechanic on a current ability could be good. but i will remain skeptical with it. it is thanks to a certain youtuber/twitch streamer that i have a strong negative opinion against elemental rotation. not going to name the person.

OK np, but I think that for Spectral scream the possibility to e affected by primary mods will be grate. 

Removing the possibility to be affected by vex armor buff... the new wex armor should have the old formula fixed by the legendary bug but it must affect only the weapons to justify and high damage ( high damage that vex armor must have co sidered the nature of the ability, not on demand buff) 

15 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

OK np, but I think that for Spectral scream the possibility to e affected by primary mods will be grate. 

Removing the possibility to be affected by vex armor buff... the new wex armor should have the old formula fixed by the legendary bug but it must affect only the weapons to justify and high damage ( high damage that vex armor must have co sidered the nature of the ability, not on demand buff) 

well for spectral scream whether it keeps its normal name or gets a better sounding name, i can see plenty of ideas. a idea that i particularly like is the idea of splitting spectral scream into 2 phases 1 he takes in a deep breath and while taking in a deep breath he draws in the "essence" of the elemental status procs that are currently inflicted on  nearbye enemies and allies (potentially removing status effects from allies) and then finish the breathing in part and then press the ability again to release all stored energy and status effects back out on the enemies dealing plenty of damage while causing all mobs within the breaths reach to be inflected with the possibility of reciving nearly every elemental status in the book if they survive.

also a fun flare i thought of was allowing chroma to channel the ability in the air by having chroma pop his wings open and hover during channel cast of each phase.

also a quick thought would have range mods effect the ability like spread mods effect shotguns. while having the abilities reach tied to affinity range.

I looked at the armor ehp calculator on the wiki just see how much ehp chroma prime can get with all everything that adds armor. Chroma according to the wiki armor calculator multiplies chromas ehp by 56.07. So with an 850 health chroma his ehp becomes 47,659.5. Well according to the calculator and whatever hp chroma has multiplied by the ehp multiplier. That is pretty weak compared to the likes of rhino who easily achieves 100k ironskin hp with an iron skin build.

edit: correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by (XB1)ultamite hero
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

well for spectral scream whether it keeps its normal name or gets a better sounding name, i can see plenty of ideas. a idea that i particularly like is the idea of splitting spectral scream into 2 phases 1 he takes in a deep breath and while taking in a deep breath he draws in the "essence" of the elemental status procs that are currently inflicted on  nearbye enemies and allies (potentially removing status effects from allies) and then finish the breathing in part and then press the ability again to release all stored energy and status effects back out on the enemies dealing plenty of damage while causing all mobs within the breaths reach to be inflected with the possibility of reciving nearly every elemental status in the book if they survive.

also a fun flare i thought of was allowing chroma to channel the ability in the air by having chroma pop his wings open and hover during channel cast of each phase.

also a quick thought would have range mods effect the ability like spread mods effect shotguns. while having the abilities reach tied to affinity range.

Listen, i just imaged chroma in air with his wing taking a deep breath and firing a ball of fire against a group of corrupted causing their decimation...  I REALLY like this idea. 

Than image chroma Imagine Chroma landing after spitting a fireball, taking out a shotgun with the vex vex armor buffs and continuing the decimation with a high resistance to damage, interspersed with shotgun shots and dragon breaths. All this being thrown to the ground repeatedly (not caring because even if you take a status proc the high armor saves you as before the nerf) and stand up continuing to decimate. Simply fabulous. 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

I looked at the armor ehp calculator on the wiki just see how much ehp chroma prime can get with all everything that adds armor. Chroma according to the wiki armor calculator multiplies chromas ehp by 56.07. So with an 850 health chroma his ehp becomes 47,659.5. Well according to the calculator and whatever hp chroma has multiplied by the ehp multiplier. That is pretty weak compared to the likes of rhino who easily achieves 100k ironskin hp with an iron skin build.

edit: correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right... the new type of calculation  is no longer moltiplicative but additive. 

I think that your numbers are correct. 

So, is obvious that he needs a rework, considering the fact that Chroma can still be stunned and affected by status proc that reduce his Hp by a lot. 

Rhino hasn't this type of problem because iron skin makes him invincible ( as long as the armor has enough Hp) and immune to any stun. 

So, this is the situation. 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

Listen, i just imaged chroma in air with his wing taking a deep breath and firing a ball of fire against a group of corrupted causing their decimation...  I REALLY like this idea. 

Than image chroma Imagine Chroma landing after spitting a fireball, taking out a shotgun with the vex vex armor buffs and continuing the decimation with a high resistance to damage, interspersed with shotgun shots and dragon breaths. All this being thrown to the ground repeatedly (not caring because even if you take a status proc the high armor saves you as before the nerf) and stand up continuing to decimate. Simply fabulous. 

yeah was thinking about this ability and was kind of afraid it seemed over the top. the idea of seeing ultimate (aka 4th abilities) being these fun and exciting abilities with a bit of a dramatic flare to them really would make farming and grinding a little bit more entertaining.  i want to loose myself and forget what i am here for till i get back to the ship and realised i need such and such amount of a resource.

ps the fire ball idea is something i would imagine as a augment. or another preparation bit  that would be nice to see.

on a side note for fashion frame'ers i would imagine the idea of setting which element is activated by which energy color, by having an additional customization option like the mandachord.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

I think you're right... the new type of calculation  is no longer moltiplicative but additive. 

I think that your numbers are correct. 

So, is obvious that he needs a rework, considering the fact that Chroma can still be stunned and affected by status proc that reduce his Hp by a lot. 

Rhino hasn't this type of problem because iron skin makes him invincible ( as long as the armor has enough Hp) and immune to any stun. 

So, this is the situation. 

His EHP becomes even more pathetic when you take all the other armor mods/buffs out of the calculation. Boasting around 30k ehp with his maximized vex armor and cold ward.

12 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

yeah was thinking about this ability and was kind of afraid it seemed over the top. the idea of seeing ultimate (aka 4th abilities) being these fun and exciting abilities with a bit of a dramatic flare to them really would make farming and grinding a little bit more entertaining.  i want to loose myself and forget what i am here for till i get back to the ship and realised i need such and such amount of a resource.

ps the fire ball idea is something i would imagine as a augment. or another preparation bit  that would be nice to see.

on a side note for fashion frame'ers i would imagine the idea of setting which element is activated by which energy color, by having an additional customization option like the mandachord.

That would be nice

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

His EHP becomes even more pathetic when you take all the other armor mods/buffs out of the calculation. Boasting around 30k ehp with his maximized vex armor and cold ward.

Now, consider a viral proc... The The Hp will be 15k instead of 30k.

And toxin, slash, punture, even radiation  have more effectiveness on armor. 

Vex armor are not a damage reduction but an increasing of armor, so it must higher than this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

Vex armor are not a damage reduction but an increasing of armor, so it must higher than this. 

fully agree. about the armor bit. but i am afraid that scion as it is called is tied to fury the damage buff if fury goes down then it drags scion down as well

6 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

at that point you would get better tankyness from a basic noob rhino build.

Edited by (XB1)ultamite hero
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Chroma will get his rework eventually, you won't do yourself any favours at all by deliberately antagonising the devs. No one should be this aggressive about a frames rework, it's a video game.

The question is that will this eventually be like 2-5 years from now? DE have had a bit of track record of forgetting about frames that needed fixing. I mean its good that they are going to fix up wukong, nyx, titania and vauban. But I doubt they will work on chroma since he wasn't even on the bottom of the list...

The only hope that I can see for DE to work on reworking chroma would be if 2019 is going to be the year of the rework.