Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Developers STOP mixing accessories and platinum in bundles

k4for

Platinum is worthless to me I have too much of it thanks to just trading. Why do I need to pay 20$ for 200 platinum while I have few thousand already to get one set of accessories bundled with it. That's awful deal, discounts do not apply to it. Looking at you Nyx Prime Cosmetics bundle.

I only want this armor but why you must force platinum in every bundle I can give you some for free 😂

Just now, Ker-Blammo said:

Rip, DE makes the bundles a WHOLE lot more accessible and it's still no good. Go no re. We won't be happy unless everything is free.

We won't be happy until there are bundles of just accessories, just platinum, just air. Nobody wants all at once, why would you need air.

1 minute ago, k4for said:

We won't be happy until there are bundles of just accessories, just platinum, just air. Nobody wants all at once, why would you need air.

I personally need a lot of air.

The plats just a bonus though. They wouldn't sell just the accessories at a lower price because that'll lose earnings off of it. I'm sure they're already losing money based off of the changes they already made.

1 minute ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I personally need a lot of air.

The plats just a bonus though. They wouldn't sell just the accessories at a lower price because that'll lose earnings off of it. I'm sure they're already losing money based off of the changes they already made.

Platinum is half of 20$, no?

4 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I would say no, considering the PA bundles are 50 dollars when they come out and contain no Plat. Instead boosters, but those are hard to value and most would value lower than a Plat amount. 

I wouldn't mind 50$ bundle of prime accessories only just give them enough to be worth of this price tag. If You would take the platinum and sell current cosmetic bundle for like half of the price it's way more appealing. I honestly do not want to buy Platinum ever again I am spending enough money on TennoGen content that has no refunds and ton of clipping issues.

il y a 10 minutes, k4for a dit :

They could sell the accessories 20 bucks without plat if they wanted, but they decided to give an extra for the support our money can offer. 

il y a 1 minute, k4for a dit :

I wouldn't mind 50$ bundle of prime accessories only just give them enough to be worth of this price tag.

So because there is no plat, you wouldn't mind paying more?

Now I know you're trolling. 

3 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

They could sell the accessories 20 bucks without plat if they wanted, but they decided to give an extra for the support our money can offer. 

So because there is no plat, you wouldn't mind paying more?

Now I know you're trolling. 

they could have hard p2w game I could be developer if I cared enough to learn to code or model whatever you are the one trolling right now you are unable to comprehend the issue at hand and you keep throwing word troll because it solves thinking issue for you, stay blind

Eh personally I'd love to see a le carte accessories

maybe encourage people to spend more switching up the bonus plat idea a bit so you get some bonus plat with each accessory with some % increase per accessory you buy? I mean if there even needs to be bonus. 

They add plat or boosters to inflate the price because as a business, they want money. We have been fortunate in pushing for more pack options as it is. And it seems they feel they wouldn't make enough à la carte because we don't have a million skins like some other games. We have a ton, but other games making costumes only have to deal with 2 human models and can pump that stuff out. Or are a much larger studio with a lot more artists (overwatch) with more gambling.

Edited by Firetempest

Because you're the only demographic these bundles are designed for? Not everyone farms for plat and even fewer people farm plat and have stockpiles of it.

They're not going to make 20 different pricing options to cater to everyone and it took long enough to get an accessory only option.

You aren't buying the platinum, you are buying the item and getting the platinum for free.

Alternately, you are buying the platinum and getting the accessories for free.

...You pick.

Either way, you get it for a dramatically reduced price compared to those that purchased it in it's Prime accessories pack so count your blessings.

If 20 dollars is an issue, you have bigger things with money to worry about. The extra plat, needed or unneeded is just a bonus. 

If that isn't the issue, and it's cost-prohibitive or not worth what you as a user would pay, well.... tough. 

DE has to think like a company, but they do throw us a bone now and then.

I for one feel that it's fair value. 

1 hour ago, k4for said:

No, platinum is the high margin part of the product that allows DE to set a reasonable price for the low-margin part of the product.

The accessories pack sales need to make X money, which means they have a specific margin target. Making new assets is expensive so they are low margin items. Big boosters and platinum are cheap to make and thus a high margin item. Overall they balance each other out and the pack becomes a medium margin item when (and only when) combined with the boosters and/or platinum. If they took out the boosters and/or platinum, but had to keep the desired margin the pack without booster would most likely be only minimally cheaper (Maybe 5$)

The boosters/plats worth to DE is not the same as their worth to players, ditto the assets just the other way, 

It's like having a brooch made of 50% steel and 50% gold, if you ask then to remove the steel you are not going to get the gold at 1/2 the price of the combined unit,

Edited by SilentMobius

Il y a 1 heure, k4for a dit :

they could have hard p2w game I could be developer if I cared enough to learn to code or model whatever you are the one trolling right now you are unable to comprehend the issue at hand and you keep throwing word troll because it solves thinking issue for you, stay blind

1. Warframe is not Pay-2-win. Never been and we all (including DE) hope it will stay like that forever.

2. Being a developper in a company like DE (or higher) requires more than just coding and modeling. And besides, we could all learn how to code and model. Every single one of us. That doesn't mean we all have what it takes to be a good game developper. 

3. I'm not trolling. I'm saying that your arguments don't make sense because you say that they should remove the plat and lower the price, yet that you wouldn't mind paying more just for the accessories. 

4. I inderstand that the issue is minimal and that it only affects you because you already have plenty of plat, which doesn't mean that others don't want it nor that DE is forced to make a separate bundle without plat for the few people with more plat than they can spend. 

5. I'm not throwing words, I'm writing them to express my arguments on how yours are sophisms based on what Tsardova brilliantly qualified as "entitled" attitude. 

6. I don't have any thinking issue. I simply disagree with your statement. 

7. I might be nearsighted, but I'm not blind. You in the other hand doesn't seem to see that your problem and arguments to support it are (at least imho) insignificant. 

EDIT: 8. Try to use punctuation next time. Maybe also a bit of syntax. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

Considering DE packages worthless boosters with the prime access bundles and sells it for 2.5x the price, I think the 200 plat seems like a pretty good deal.

Prime Vault bundles seem liek a better deal vs Prime Access anyway. The plat and random junk in Prime Access are pretty overdone.

And someone still complains when there are obviously things that are more worthless and wasteful in the game. I cannot even...