Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get rid of this mobile like time gate?

SeriousBread

It is just awful. Awful awful awful. It's probably the one mechanic that I feel has no place in this game. Crafting times. This is a game about going fast, and going towards something. You spend up to hours grinding for materials, sometimes days if you don't have many hours to play. Then after all of that; boom. Twelve hours for your own ship to make a sword. Oh you wanted a second one? Another twelve hours please. Oh you want to hold them both at the same time? That's gonna cost you a forma (another time gated crafting item), and twelve more hours. Unless you throw money into your ship that is.

I know that in our world time is money, but our world also doesn't involve ships that travel faster than the speed of light. But you know what money can buy is in the real world? Resources. My proposal is get rid of the crafting time gate, it's unintuitive and boring. Grinding is at least interactive to a degree that the player can control more or less. Replace the current "Rush" mechanic with something like "synthesize" and let us pay for the materials with platinum. Even make the cost 10p less than the item cost from the store to encourage players spending just that liiiitle bit more, and skip the blueprint and buy the item with potato included. It's not like credits mean anything with the index anyway. This could mean a massive rebalance in materials, adding some sinks as well for some players.

TL;DR: I don't want a time gate, and feel like waiting could be replaced with grinding.

edited a bit for clerity

Edited by SeriousBread
Edited TLDR for clarity.

The time gates on crafting are there so you don't burn through content too fast. If you can't wait, spend platinum to rush it. I really don't see any issues with the crafting time gates right now as no one is forcing you to wait. You have options

2 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

The time gates on crafting are there so you don't burn through content too fast. If you can't wait, spend platinum to rush it. I really don't see any issues with the crafting time gates right now as no one is forcing you to wait. You have options

^ This.

And about microtransactions, please don't be that idiot dude who just jumps on a hate or hype train and doesn't know what he's talking about. Warframe's microtransactions aren't invasive at all.

Just because you're new and feel overwhelmed it doesn't mean the game has to cater to you. All of us older players had to endure older systems and content much rougher than today's Warframe. If that isn't for you then you should go play Fortnite or something. No hard feelings on my end, just the cold truth.

I feel as if you're not fully reading the post, or that I'm not being cohesive in my argument. 

Say a weapon is 300p. My idea, is you could buy the BP for credits as is you can now, but you can spend platinum to skip the resource gathering for 290p. No potato. Still encourages players to buy the item directly and not the BP as the current system does, while still being cheaper then buying the item from the store if you have the resources and potatos.

1 minute ago, SeriousBread said:

Because time gating is the least game thing I can think of. I like to play the game. 

But you can't? Have you tried going to navigation while the foundry is building something? You can still travel, it's not like it stops you from playing. It only stops you from having your shiny new stuff at barely no cost.

Just now, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

But you can't? Have you tried going to navigation while the foundry is building something? You can still travel, it's not like it stops you from playing. It only stops you from having your shiny new stuff at barely no cost.

Could you please explain how waiting is a cost?

12 minutes ago, SeriousBread said:

Say a weapon is 300p. My idea, is you could buy the BP for credits as is you can now, but you can spend platinum to skip the resource gathering for 290p. No potato. Still encourages players to buy the item directly and not the BP as the current system does, while still being cheaper then buying the item from the store if you have the resources and potatos.

What are you trying to skip here?  The grind for resources or the build time?  If it's the build time then that's what rushing a build is for and it costs considerably less than 96% of the purchase cost.

Edited by Katinka

Fairly sure. 24 hour wait on items is fair considering new items are attached to timers too,  so when new items come out people have the option to buy and use them before any others have them built.  Its one way they can make money off hype.  If you just removed all wait timers on the day things come out people who've played a while will already have all the resources to instabuild the thing removing that window of "eee i want it after seeing x person with it"

It's a personal cost. If not the time then increased plat, resource or credit prices. Because even then you'd have to grind for longer to have the same stuff. By doing that you can basically just do other stuff while waiting. And the root cause for that is that free games still need revenue, despite your wanting to have everything on the spot. Since they don't have a mandatory price tag they need to keep you in the game to spend money in plat. And even then they provide you all the tools to earn said plat for free, and resource farm spots (like credit farm spot Index). Simple as that. You have to play smart, not hard.

Complaining about grinding being a new player just shows burnout by trying too hard and not really trying to play the way you should.

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

What are you trying to skip here?  The grind for resources or the build time?  If it's the build time then that's what rushing a build is for and it costs considerably less than 90% of the purchase cost

I'm trying to offer one of my favourite games a suggestion on one of my least favourite mechanics. I really don't care what the solution to the problem is, I just thought I would offer one at least. Best way to get a question answered is to state a wrong answer, and apparently that's what I did. Time gates aren't good game design in my opinion, and in my opinion the game should be designed for the consumers, not the developer.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Yeah, why not just give us all the gear already, and fast, fully ranked and potatoed. Oh, and all the mods fully upgraded, we need those too. On my Inbox is fine.

And while you're at it DE, add a button "TO WIN GAME PRESS HERE" so we can be done with it.

there is button. RUSH

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

It's a personal cost. If not the time then increased plat, resource or credit prices. Because even then you'd have to grind for longer to have the same stuff. By doing that you can basically just do other stuff while waiting. And the root cause for that is that free games still need revenue, despite your wanting to have everything on the spot. Since they don't have a mandatory price tag they need to keep you in the game to spend money in plat. And even then they provide you all the tools to earn said plat for free, and resource farm spots (like credit farm spot Index). Simple as that. You have to play smart, not hard.

Complaining about grinding being a new player just shows burnout by trying too hard and not really trying to play the way you should.

I don't think I'm a "new player." 773 hours clocked in, or just over a month of time. Just because there is an optimal way to play, doesn't mean there is a way you SHOULD play. There is a massive list of frames and weapons, there isn't a single way to play.

3 minutes ago, SeriousBread said:

I'm trying to offer one of my favourite games a suggestion on one of my least favourite mechanics. I really don't care what the solution to the problem is, I just thought I would offer one at least. Best way to get a question answered is to state a wrong answer, and apparently that's what I did. Time gates aren't good game design in my opinion, and in my opinion the game should be designed for the consumers, not the developer.

there is way to counter this. Why complaining? If you dont like to wait..just RUSH. No? you want to keep your money in your pocket? 

2 minutes ago, SeriousBread said:

Well, if there is indeed a better solution I'd like it, and as you've said it can e really hard to get those. Inthese cases we kinda have to be stuck with the lesser evil. Bigger evil being DE bankrupting by not implementing monetization systems like time gating.

1 minute ago, SeriousBread said:

I don't think I'm a "new player." 773 hours clocked in, or just over a month of time. Just because there is an optimal way to play, doesn't mean there is a way you SHOULD play. There is a massive list of frames and weapons, there isn't a single way to play.

700h is still an ok-ish time, not long. Besides, I don't care about hours on this topic, but time in general, as in how old your account is. Sure, one can grind 24/7 in 3 months and get to. MR25, doesn't really make a veteran tbh. Doesn't really translate in hard experience. Not doubting yours as well, just stating it seems like you burned trough too quickly and are now complaining about it.

Just because the current solution works, doesn't mean it's the only one that will, or the only one that can.

2 minutes ago, Samuel_sfx said:

there is way to counter this. Why complaining? If you dont like to wait..just RUSH. No? you want to keep your money in your pocket? 

And I'm complaining because I want to see this game get better. It's really my only real complaint about the game. Other stuff is QoL or buffs but that's never going to end in a game that's growing.

Okay, but I'm still confused as to what your suggestion actual is.

You open with saying that you don't like time gates, then state that grinding isn't so bad because it's still interactive and then suggest that 'Rush' should be replaced with 'Synthesize' paid for with platinum without detailing what Synthesize actually means in this context.  Does it replace the resource grind as well as the time gate?  If so, then why say this is for people who 'have the resources and potatoes'?  If not, then how does it differ from the current 'Rush' option?