Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Adaptation! My First Impressions!

withinmyself

Took regular Inaros build. Spawned 20x level 155 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Stood in the middle of them with my Kubrow. After 6 mins they hadn't killed either of us. Went and took the dog off. Lasted 3 mins as the only target. Might try again with double Grace.     

It's a little harder to fit on other frames but it makes anything with high base armor stupid tough. Valkyr does pretty well with it and it makes Chroma playable at 299 str. Haven't tried it on Rhino yet so no idea if it works with Iron skin. 

Nerf when?

43 minutes ago, Modeaus said:

Took regular Inaros build. Spawned 20x level 155 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Stood in the middle of them with my Kubrow. After 6 mins they hadn't killed either of us. Went and took the dog off. Lasted 3 mins as the only target. Might try again with double Grace.     

It's a little harder to fit on other frames but it makes anything with high base armor stupid tough. Valkyr does pretty well with it and it makes Chroma playable at 299 str. Haven't tried it on Rhino yet so no idea if it works with Iron skin. 

Nerf when?

Strange, i did the same and died after 40 secs.

Tried with 1x and 2x guardian. 1x and 2x grace.

And tried full health + armor mods and still dying.

The only frame ik can tank 20x heavy corrupted 155 is Gara and she don't need the mod.

If you mind a nerf on this mod try ancient specter.

Edited by Peter

2 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Try taking on higher level enemies. The scaling is less drastic there. Still incredibly useful, but not broken. My Chroma can survive a couple seconds of sustained fire from a lvl100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner normally, without buffs active. Having Adaptation lets him survive a few seconds longer unbuffed, and with all buffs active the damage drops low enough for my Sentinel to just barely out-heal it. On a squishier Frame, this survivability boost would be far smaller. Suffice to say that while it's quite useful, it does have its limits, so I think it's in a good place right now.

Edit: Also worth pointing out, it seems to use the Corrosive icon for any damage type it doesn't recognize, and can even resist "hidden" damage types like special status conditions (Teralyst magnetic roar, for example).

do you have a video of the chroma test I'm pretty interested

You are testing this mod in frames that have some broken mechanics, Inaros manages to achieve surreal values of life and Valkyr can reach more than 2.5k armor, you forget that these two are already tanks with or without this mod.

Now if you put this mod in a frame that is VERY squishy like Ember then will realize that this prevents them from taking hitkill and offers a time for reaction.

I doubt to much, but, if DE nerf this mod we can put it on the list of useless mods (disgust), you can not forget that the weapons have more of a type of damage, compare it with Gara's ability or aura of Ancient and you will see the difference.

It's a great mod, but if DE nerf it they will be taking a step back.

I spent the last hour trying a few things in the simulacrum, i can give you an example of what i did there:

Atlas: All 3 Umbral mods maxed, Quickthinking, Hunter adrenaline, Rage, 1 empty slot and Gladiator aegis, same build with Adaptation replacing glad aegis +dual R3 Arcane Grace

Testing a single Corpus Tech and seriously i last longer with Gladiator aegis than with Adaptation even when the damage reduction clearly shows 90% puncture reduction.

IT IS NOT WORKING AT THE CURRENT TIME.

strong mod

does NOT replace vitality/quickthinking/conventional defences.

works well to amplify the effectiveness of those defences.

been running it on banshee, and the only time I went down all day was to a kuva flood hyekka master who killed me in two ticks of ignis leaving my resists at 50% (not the cap). Wouldn't say it's broken, but it's probably the best mod they released in the update.

Edited by Obviousclone
typo (as=>was)

1 hour ago, 70five said:

This might be a simulacrum bug, I was getting some weirdness in there too.

In the missions i ran its actually hard to tell if it is indeed working or not due to the level of the mobs you encounter and also due to objectives you cant really stand still for a while a crunch numbers so thats why the Simulacrum was ideal. Maybe your right and its a bug, i will wait for them to fix it because i need to know and test what are the limits of that mod.

It's nice that frames that don't have built-in DR can get some decent damage reduction for higher levels. It's most effective against enemies that do a lot of damage over many individual hits, but is far less effective against say a sniper or bombard as they have a slow fire rate and incredibly high damage.  So I think it's balanced enough, it provides DR when being hit a lot, but a stray rocket can still kill you before the DR applies.

In conjunction with Arcane Grace it's really powerful, but then again that's a high rank legendary arcane which is about as end-game as it gets and few people have access to it.

Edited by ReshyShira

57 minutes ago, ReshyShira said:

It's nice that frames that don't have built-in DR can get some decent damage reduction for higher levels

Yea it's great.  I just went 12 rounds of Extraction in Arbitration with Mag who has terrible armor.  I can replenish my shields and overcharge everyone's with my Crush Augment but Mag usually can't be out in the thick of things for too long at high levels like that.   When the enemies get to a certain level I'll start making Magnitize bubbles to hide in so my shields regenerate.

But with Adaptation I didn't have to worry about that.  And I don't think it's broken anymore I think this is exactly what it's for.  It was still difficult and like you said the one shot enemies are the ones that'll get you.  Almost died a couple times from explosions that tanked my shields.  And that's considered one hit so you only have the minimum amount of DR at that point not the full 90% so another hit could potentially take you out.

I will say one thing though.  This is definitely OP for early game stuff and as much as I love the fact that I just got another one from those 12 rounds of Extraction and they are selling for around 65plat unranked,   I really don't think we should be able to sell them.  Just a thought.   Maybe I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Yea it's great.  I just went 12 rounds of Extraction in Arbitration with Mag who has terrible armor.  I can replenish my shields and overcharge everyone's with my Crush Augment but Mag usually can't be out in the thick of things for too long at high levels like that.   When the enemies get to a certain level I'll start making Magnitize bubbles to hide in so my shields regenerate.

But with Adaptation I didn't have to worry about that.  And I don't think it's broken anymore I think this is exactly what it's for.  It was still difficult and like you said the one shot enemies are the ones that'll get you.  Almost died a couple times from explosions that tanked my shields.  And that's considered one hit so you only have the minimum amount of DR at that point not the full 90% so another hit could potentially take you out.

I will say one thing though.  This is definitely OP for early game stuff and as much as I love the fact that I just got another one from those 12 rounds of Extraction and they are selling for around 65plat unranked,   I really don't think we should be able to sell them.  Just a thought.   Maybe I'm wrong.

Honestly, I've been buying them for my friends because i'm pretty certain they'd like being able to make their squishier warframes more tanky.

Also, it being OP for early game stuff hardly matters, because the difficulty of early game stuff often struggles to overpower Nidus's health regeneration or penetrate through a Rhino's Iron Skin.  Not to mention, by the time you can acquire this mod, you've probably started doing sorties anyway.

Edited by ReshyShira

1 minute ago, ReshyShira said:

Also, it being OP for early game stuff hardly matters, because the difficulty of early game stuff often struggles to overpower Nidus's health regeneration.

Not everyone want's to play as Nidus    🙂   Plus unless you purchase him outright you have to make it all the way to Eris in order to farm his parts.

19 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

It might be a bit OP in low level content. But at high level, I suspect you will still be one shot.

tbf by the time someone gets this mod they shouldn't be doing low level content. or they will already have tons of stuff that is op in low level content

Just now, stormy505 said:

tbf by the time someone gets this mod they shouldn't be doing low level content. or they will already have tons of stuff that is op in low level content

That's why I was saying we shouldn't be able to sell it.  Because right now anyone can get one if they're above MR2 and know how buy stuff.  I just sold my second one for 80 plat unranked.  Which is great really!  But still...