Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Paracesis More Unique

Amanecer_Plateado

We have seen the first version of this blade and its sheath before it released. Some of us suspected it to be a one handed sword or katana such as a sheathed skana or nikana respectively. When the Paracesis came out some players complained that we where getting yet another heavy blade, others looked at its stats and lack of status chance and considered it a wall hanger, some of us simply wanted something more interesting. Collectively, we have ideas that may make the Paracesis more unique!

Some fellow players and I have been talking abut this weapon sense it was first teased, after such a stretch of time some forgot about it but those who didn't thought this weapon would be a one handed sword. I was surprised that we where getting yet another heavy blade and found it odd that it started off with more capacity then other weapons. I thought that and its anti sentient stats were all that there was to the weapon until I applied my first forma. I was going to make that first forma my last until I noticed that the sentient damage increased and one of my friends told me that this blade needs 5 forma to get all the mastery from it. I found the number of forma necessary to fit all the mods some one could ever want on the blade if built practically.

I looked around to sate my curiosity on what everyone else thought of the blade and what other secrets it held. I found some interesting statements. Out of the many comments, one stuck out in my mind the most. A poster on the warframe wikia on the Paracesis' page pointed out how this weapon has a long handle yet a some what shorter then usual blade for a great sword weapon. He compared it to a hand and a half sword, or a bastard sword. The poster was hoping that this weapon would continue the trend that the dark split sword started. They where hoping to be able to use heavy blade stance mods and one handed sword stance mod for this weapon.

The more I thought and talked about this idea the more sense it made and the more attractive it became. With this post I'm hoping to chat with those who like this idea or those with other interesting comments about the Paracesis and what they would change. Hopefully we can even catch the eyes of the developers. This idea can help set this weapon apart from other recent heavy blade weapons.

Edited by Amanecer_Plateado
Grammar Check

I also thought of it has a strange looking nikana at first due to no other sword type appearing with a sheath;yet, I would have thought the blades overall shape would have changed the developers minds. Some players thought it would have been another machete.

Who needs an excuse for weapon functionality in a video game? Most designs outside of games focused on realism lean to the rule of cool trope.

Either way, I have to say I like the way this sword looks.

30 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

what's more unique than being the only thing in the game that can reach rank 40 ?

Being the only thing in the game that can reach rank 40 and also being able to use more stances!

I'm in favour of this. I like this weapon as a heavy blade, but I'd like to see the Dark Split-Sword mechanic as well. Although, if they wind up using the Odachi stances for it, that'd scratch the same itch I guess.

Edited by Loza03

Given that Void damage is a separate damage type now in the game, I kind of would have liked to see this quest weapon that is hyped to be about killing sentients to have some void damage, perhaps instead of puncture. Or maybe after formaing it the X required times change the puncture dmg to void dmg.

3 minutes ago, RichBoyCaptain said:

They just have to add a gas cloud mechanic.Make it so after each second attack it will release an AOE cloud like zakti

What does that have to do with Sentients, Ballas, anything regarding the quest?

37 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Given that Void damage is a separate damage type now in the game, I kind of would have liked to see this quest weapon that is hyped to be about killing sentients to have some void damage, perhaps instead of puncture. Or maybe after formaing it the X required times change the puncture dmg to void dmg.

A damage type with no mods to affect it? How would that be a good idea?

Just now, peterc3 said:

A damage type with no mods to affect it? How would that be a good idea?

Because it's a sentient slayer, and still affected by all your regular dmg mods. Do I really need to spell it out for you?
It's not meant to be the best because I'm sure in the future we will be getting more effective tools, and maybe even mods when the story/war progresses, but currently Void damage is meant to be unique, not allowed to be modded willy nilly into anything, and Paracesis has a story reason for being unique and built for sentient killing.
You would still have mostly slash dmg, and some impact, and you'd gain that forma buff for capacity and extra dmg to sentients, then if you'd add on top of that this void dmg for the occasional void proc, plus it would guarantee some dmg to all sentients (affected by that passive +#% dmg to sentients), the ones on the Plains included, then it'd feel pretty unique, even if it wouldn't be dealing as much void damage as our operators even with regular mote amps, it would still feel like it was meant to be taken out when you're hunting for sentients.
Until more sentient killing gear is introduced.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

The weapon already has a quirk, why does it need even more?

... Because that's the name of the topic?
I was just throwing out a suggestion based on the topic, if you disagree then disagree with the OP, why are you fixated with my suggestion in particular?

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Sure, as it is only used by Operators. This would make it less unique.

One quest-given sword does not make it less unique, the context makes it even more unique.

We are talking about taking out 11.5 Puncture damage and replacing it with anything between 10-50 Void damage, mainly for thematic story reasons and a minor added gameplay change to interact with all sentients and utilize occasional Void procs. It's a weapon you only get after already progressing through the story a bit and having Operators and amps and Excalibur Umbra by then, and this would make it a bit more unique from Skiajati with Umbra Sacrifice mods.

On 2018-10-16 at 6:57 AM, GinKenshin said:

Pretty sure this is a two handed katana, but since DE doesn’t wanna release the stance, it’s just a heavy blade for now, wait after the melee rework and see 

That seems like a really stupid decision, especially considering the two handed katana that we already knew was coming got delayed until Melee 3.0. So why would they not just delay this weapon as well if it's also intended to be a two handed katana?

On 2018-10-16 at 6:57 AM, GinKenshin said:

And the length of the blade or handle isn’t really a good excuse for this tbh

Yea but nothing about it's size or shape really screams "2 handed katana" aside from it being a large single edged sword. 

30 minutes ago, MickThejaguar said:

That seems like a really stupid decision, especially considering the two handed katana that we already knew was coming got delayed until Melee 3.0. So why would they not just delay this weapon as well if it's also intended to be a two handed katana?

Yea but nothing about it's size or shape really screams "2 handed katana" aside from it being a large single edged sword. 

They simply needed ‘content’ to shut us up, that’s my take on it anyway 

Well, I guess we’ll make it a dagger then :clem:

more unique? Its the only Weapon with 40 Ranks, has innate +60% Damage vs Sentiens and takes their damage resistances with each hit. Statwise its a bit behind the Gram Prime but with the mentioned bonuses it is a amazing weapon when fighting Sentiens.

The only addition that would make it more unique would be letting it harm Eidolons while their shield is up. And I don't see that being added.

3 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

They simply needed ‘content’ to shut us up, that’s my take on it anyway 

The patch had already given us content and nobody was expecting this sword any time soon. If this were the case, it'd make far more sense to do it with the sword we already knew we'd be getting. Especially since the sword is several months late as is.

I got an idea on how to make the Paracesis better. And it just requires one little change

You can kill all sentients with the weapon, except Vomvalysts, where you still have to use your Operator to kill them. Let the weapon kill their spirit/energy/whatever form.

Let me have a melee weapon that I can kill those SOBs with. Let the Parabolasis do that. And if other enemy sentients show up that do that too... let the Parasitesis kill them too. Do that, we good.