Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imugi prime armor disappointment

(PSN)ATreidezz

So is this the 1st prime armor WITHOUT  channeling SFX? 

Why do i feel DE is getting more lazy now?  

Targis prime & Edo prime were the greatest, full SFX on both legs & shoulders, then a slight laziness on Acanthus prime all the way to Atavist prime, where SFX only applies on shoulders, still acceptable though,  then came Imugi prime.... 

These exclusive accessory was supposed to be the best. Now its a meh... The SFX on channeling is the main reason why i bought prime accessories. As someone who have collected nearly all prime accessories, im reconsidering to not buy anymore prime accessories (that contains armor attachments) after this. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

6 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Are you by any chance talking about Vfx? Cause as far as i remember there have never been any sfx on an armor piece.

I'd rather call them SFX rather than VFX, bcos SFX stands for SPECIAL EFFECTS, which is pretty much what makes these prime armors "Special" 

As far as I'm aware Channeling is going to be gone come melee 3.0.

If we are losing it entirely then why would they bother adding the effect at all just to remove it?

Especially since the pack will likely be available after 3.0's release we'd have a case of the devs removing an effect from something you may have just purchased.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

I'd rather call them SFX rather than VFX, bcos SFX stands for SPECIAL EFFECTS, which is pretty much what makes these prime armors "Special" 

In standard production parlance, SFX stands for "Sound Effects". What you are referring to would be VFX, or Visual Effects.

2 hours ago, trst said:

If we are losing it entirely then why would they bother adding the effect at all just to remove it?

Especially since the pack will likely be available after 3.0's release we'd have a case of the devs removing an effect from something you may have just purchased.

DE says we'll have a "berserk/limit break" mode, which will probably look and feel like channeling, just without the whole "devours your energy" bit.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

with channelling on way outdoor anything tied to channelling is pointless to whine about

Uh, did you quote the wrong dude or something? Where in my post was I complaining or whining about anything?

watt4hem was saying that he didn’t recall any special sound effects on armor, so I brought up the only armor that I remembered had noticeable sound effects: Edo Prime and its electric effect when channeling. Hope that clarifies things.

Just now, OmegaZero633 said:

Uh, did you quote the wrong dude or something? Where in my post was I complaining or whining about anything?

watt4hem was saying that he didn’t recall any special sound effects on armor, so I brought up the only armor that I remembered had noticeable sound effects: Edo Prime and its electric effect when channeling. Hope that clarifies things.

yes but channeling is all but gone so sound effects tied to it will be gone too

3 hours ago, trst said:

Channeling isn’t gone. It’s being reworked into a devil trigger type system.

12 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

That's...not how that works.. special effects is a more general term for cg in general where there's something else, like a live action part. In animation or game we call them visual and sound fx vfx and sfx respectively.

But i digressed. A lot.

12 hours ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Iirc Edo Prime’s channeling sparks do also make sound effects, dunno about the rest. 

Huh, i never knew. Always thought they just have some extra particle effects.