Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Melee Sounds are horrible!

(PSN)GER_SIGNUM

Personally, I like the new sounds.  I like the metallic swinging "whoosh" over the old "whoosh".  However, I do thing the "contact" sounds could use some work, I feel like a great sword would not make such a light "clink" when it hits a metal wall for instance.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Dr3am Watcher said:

But my sancti magistar makes a sword swing sound when i slam attack.

At least they improved the regular Magistar. which now has a much more satisfying whoosh when swinging and metallic crunch. The original sounds were so anemic that I promptly sold my 1st Magistar after leveling it.

But yes, it should be more of a metallic crunch / clank.

18 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I think the new sounds are awesome and much better than they used to be.

Seconded - for the most part they're a HUGE improvement, but some others could probably benefit from some minor tweaking.

30 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

though it seems like daggers didn't really change.

I kind of got that impression too.

On the subject of melee sounds, is it just me or is the Parchesis a bit too noisy?

The new sounds fit some weapons but not all. For heavy blades and hammers they are absolutely horrendous. Something that should sound heavy, visceral and "metal" now sounds flimsy and weak. Please give us the option to revert to the old sounds, perhaps even on a weapon by weapon basis, that'd be cool.

Edited by Renjykk

On 2018-11-01 at 6:31 AM, (PS4)GER_SIGNUM said:

For me the Dual Keres sounds not like a dual sword... more likely Tofas.... So I dont use my favourite Melee no more. Unable DE Sound Engineers 😞

Those were never my favorite so i haven't used them since 3.0 but I recall them already sounding very destinct. Especially compared to my Dual Kamas

On 2018-11-04 at 3:24 PM, Renjykk said:

The new sounds fit some weapons but not all. For heavy blades and hammers they are absolutely horrendous. Something that should sound heavy, visceral and "metal" now sounds flimsy and weak. Please give us the option to revert to the old sounds, perhaps even on a weapon by weapon basis, that'd be cool.

The Galive literally makes a sound before you throw it. It's awful and it happens before your supposed to throw it. So its start charging up, schink, then throw a second after. So weird