Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Fetch" mod

(XBOX)SolsticeTheFox

Since it's on PC now, has anyone got it? Is it the same effectiveness as regular vacuum, and most importantly, will you die hard sentinel vacuum fans start to use pets more often now? I'm mainly asking for my own curiosity, the divide between Sentinels and Kubrows/Kavats seemed to revolve around the vacuum mod. I'm kind of hoping this will bridge that gap.

That was a fake and unimportant divide imo, but we got it eventually. They’re still relatively different, but all the additions so far are decent 

What I’d like to see is improvements to pet AI and to change the ‘link’ mods to normal health/shield...etc mods. There’s no reason this isn’t the case

9 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

The vacuum follows the companion so it's unfortunately meaningless in the general scheme of things. 

One step forward, one step back.

Wait what?
The Vacuum is centered around the companion and not the Frame? That's not how it is for Sentinels is it? (Hard to tell because they're literally just about a meter behind you).

That makes that mod almost useless and it was what I was fearing would be the case. : (
Guess I'll still use Carrier Prime all the Time.

Man, why don't they just deploy an Opt-In, Opt-Out Warframe Vacuum instead of this darn companion stuff.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

That makes that mod almost useless and it was what I was fearing would be the case. : (
Guess I'll still use Carrier Prime all the Time.

nope, they respected their word. they said that the mod would works "THE EXACT SAME WAY AS VACUUM". Vacuum of the mod vacuum is centered around the sentinel, not the Warframe. we got #*!%ed.

It isn't the same as vacuum OP. Vacuum sucks stuff in as you get close. It sucks in everything. 

I've found that Fetch causes your pet to run around collecting stuff, but you could be stood right next to something, and it doesn't come to you like with vacuum. For example, I might need energy and be stood close to a blue orb,and it wont just fly to me like with vacuum until your pet gets close to you / it.. 

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

nope, they respected their word. they said that the mod would works "THE EXACT SAME WAY AS VACUUM". Vacuum of the mod vacuum is centered around the sentinel, not the Warframe. we got #*!%ed.

Wouldn't be so bad if your Kavat / Moa / Kubrow were literally just about a meter or two away from you at all times like a Sentinel is.
Man, that's really a letdown.

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Wouldn't be so bad if your Kavat / Moa / Kubrow were literally just about a meter or two away from you at all times like a Sentinel is.
Man, that's really a letdown.

the worst in that is that i was fearing it. the hell were they thinking about? what players loves in vacuum is that the vacuum is at least centered close enough to you so that the loot gets vacuumed when YOU WANT. when YOU get close to it. because it's dictated by YOU. god damnit... i'm litterally mad, right now, because it feels more like a slap in the face. they couldn't have thought that it was THAT, that uni-vac players wanted. back to Helio, i suppose... gotta scan all these new units. but i won't be using me Kavat anytime soon. AGAIN...

Maybe we shold make a post in feedback general about that. that's really lame, now.

Edited by mikakor

3 minutes ago, mikakor said:

the worst in that is that i was fearing it. the hell were they thinking about? what players loves in vacuum is that the vacuum is at least centered close enough to you so that the loot gets vacuumed when YOU WANT. when YOU get close to it. because it's dictated by YOU. god damnit... i'm litterally mad, right now, because it feels more like a slap in the face. they couldn't have thought that it was THAT, that uni-vac players wanted. back to Helio, i suppose... gotta scan all these new units. but i won't be using me Kavat anytime soon. AGAIN...

Maybe we shold make a post in feedback general about that. that's really lame, now.

As long as it hits the point we're making home, I'm down. Feel free to use the ideas I brought up as well.
I'm still downloading the update so my net is a bit poo.

5 minutes ago, mikakor said:

This.. Is a really big letdown. Sigh. It's a step in the right direction I guess, but not by much. Someone should definitely make a feedback post about this, it needs to be changed. Maybe someday we'll have our global frame vacuum...

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

As long as it hits the point we're making home, I'm down. Feel free to use the ideas I brought up as well.
I'm still downloading the update so my net is a bit poo.

sadly i don't think we can use that, because our kavats / kubrow needs to be away, to do his stuff. killing, swipping, biting... i'm just shocked they thought it's what we wanted...

Just now, mikakor said:

sadly i don't think we can use that, because our kavats / kubrow needs to be away, to do his stuff. killing, swipping, biting... i'm just shocked they thought it's what we wanted...

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't get left behind so easily when we go... Anywhere. My Kubrow is always at least a room behind unless I stop moving for a few seconds...

30 minutes ago, (XB1)SolsticeTheFox said:

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't get left behind so easily when we go... Anywhere. My Kubrow is always at least a room behind unless I stop moving for a few seconds...

I do wish all pets just teleported to us if we got a certain distance away from them, like Venari does with Khora.

But, most issues I have with Kubrows/Kavats would be fixed if their AI was just less dumb. It's weird, because when I run Khora, Venari seems significantly less stupid than my regular Kavats (plus the teleporting to me part).

Just now, (XB1)SolsticeTheFox said:

Probably just "Fortuna Feedback". I don't see a sub-category that fits.

well, considering it cames WITH Fortuna.... maybe. lets keep this topic up in general so DE, if they ever come, see that we aren't happy AT ALL with this. i'll also post the feedback post i'll do, here, the link, so you can all say what you said here. clearly, they didn't got why we wanted Uni-Vac.

i'm bumping the thread so people can come in the feedback of the Fetch mod and give their feelings to DE. we really need it. don't forget, you too, to Bump this thread, a LOT. even if it's just with "bump" word, and nothing else. as long as the most persons possible can see this thread and be guided to the Fetch feedback thread. help us getting a TRUE vacuum mod for pets, not this... thing. come on! do it for everyone who might need it!

Edited by mikakor

It kind of makes sense?

I know many would like it to be centered on the warframe for gameplay purposes.

But it does made sense for the pet to be "Fetching" the item.

What doesn't make sense is how small the default warframe's pickup radius is.

Make it 5m and we wouldn't be having this debate time and time again.

1 minute ago, wtflag said:

It kind of makes sense?

I know many would like it to be centered on the warframe for gameplay purposes.

But it does made sense for the pet to be "Fetching" the item.

What doesn't make sense is how small the default warframe's pickup radius is.

Make it 5m and we wouldn't be having this debate time and time again.

trust me, we would still have this debate ^^" because it would still be lower than Sentinel vacuum. does it makes sense that it's the pet fetching the item? Yes. is it good, from a gameplay point of view, when looking at the vacuum mod, and how the Kavat RANDOMLY  vacuum what he wants? not. at. all. which is why people are STILL mad. it's a huge buzzkill.

Edited by mikakor

Well technique speaking they did give players what they want, which is vacuum on pets. What most players don't realize is that vacuum on sentient actually have items suck towards them not the Warframe. However I will say that DE knew what the player base wanted when they asked for Vacuum on the pets, but they decided to implement the current mod which actually makes it worst to collect items as your pet will run away from you or all around the map.

Edited by Keagian