Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda unfinished frame

DonOctavia

On 2018-11-16 at 9:34 AM, Spectre-8 said:

You paid but you could have also just get the parts by playing the game .

Noone forced you to pay and noone forces you to grind .

What you said is just another " waa waaa "

you can also go hunt and forage for your food, no one is forcing you to buy your steak and berries from your local groceries store, so all your food is free? HEY EVERYONE I SOLVED WORLD HUNGER! 

It doesn't matter if I can get it for free some other way. The moment something is available in return for money, It ceases to be free, regardless if I can acquire it some other way.

As soon as money exchanges hands, I become a customer. 

so This customer is not happy with the purchase as he received a broken and unfinished product. (Warframe is no longer in Beta or Early Access, broken things need to be addressed and fixed in a timely manner.

1 minute ago, Xyhon said:

She is not group friendly, she has limited vision with her 4, low surv chance going into melee, and yes, considering 4 + 1 is a damage combo, you can see why I list her as DPS viable frame. After tweaks. Also. Putting marks with some short CC even without slash procs without charge time in aoe circle or just a CONE would be much better than that clunky LINE that often leads to missed enemies on screen which continue to tear your ass up because you just launched your shield as a projectile. This whole design is stupid to start with - you can loose shield because timer runs out, but blood globe is still there. So why not just make shield totally unaffected by blood globe, or go with a true vampire like theme.

You skip the point that not everyone likes to put every defensive mod onto a frame and account it for being nigh unkillable this way. I get better effects because of hard CC with Khora than Garuda, and still outperform her damage with Whip. Not to mention, hard CC is good for a group. Also - I can get Garuda OP by just QT with PFlow and Rage. But, whatever.

And about stunlocks, no, I mean normal gameplay, when you are stuck at animation, because DE CBA to bugcheck triggers, and make unskipable frames that must play. It begins to show greatly if you try to go full melee with Garuda - which those big ass CLAWS she has imply as useful. 

Also, I can survive with her just fine, it's just her kit is so mediocre, makes me go back to Khora or Nezha now.

honestly? i rarely use her claws. Stick to your default melee for now, or once melee 3.0 IF EVER that becomes a reality then we can see if those claws are useful.
As for the stunlocks you mentioned, yea but those are bugs.. its a different thing and i think you need to report them instead.

and i dont know about you but 'loose shield before timer runs out', what timer? i have 128% dur and it works fine.

For me (note: an opinion) she is a frame that makes me use all of her skills 'in a regular basis' and not just press 1 skill to nuke entire maps, or 1 skill to have invulnerability for an amount of time, having these skills on every frame will be redundant. Also the only thing that somehow should be changed, if there's a chance is for her channeling skills to be faster and that's it. I really hope that they dont rework her to what you guys want her as another 'press 4 and kill everyone' type of frame, for me she is the 1st frame that you really need to mind your cooldowns skills and actually work around her kit for once. And i think we have encountered these things wayyy back when Khora was released, either she's an incomplete frame or too weak compared to X frame (i totally ignored Garuda because, personally - not a fan) which in a sense, they kinda reworked her in a better state now than what she was.

your skills as a player = how a certain frame will be useful or not in a squad. you being stupid and using a skill wrong and dying - that's on you. Stick to Saryn or Mesa then, theyre meta frames.

its annoying that everyone thinks of her (me too at first, because she looks like it) as a dps frame, which is not. You have weapons for that. And comparing her to older dps frames because 'DIS DEALS MUH MUH DAMAGE' -- that's just, ugh.

13 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

honestly? i rarely use her claws. Stick to your default melee for now, or once melee 3.0 IF EVER that becomes a reality then we can see if those claws are useful.
As for the stunlocks you mentioned, yea but those are bugs.. its a different thing and i think you need to report them instead.

and i dont know about you but 'loose shield before timer runs out', what timer? i have 128% dur and it works fine.

For me (note: an opinion) she is a frame that makes me use all of her skills 'in a regular basis' and not just press 1 skill to nuke entire maps, or 1 skill to have invulnerability for an amount of time, having these skills on every frame will be redundant. Also the only thing that somehow should be changed, if there's a chance is for her channeling skills to be faster and that's it. I really hope that they dont rework her to what you guys want her as another 'press 4 and kill everyone' type of frame, for me she is the 1st frame that you really need to mind your cooldowns skills and actually work around her kit for once. And i think we have encountered these things wayyy back when Khora was released, either she's an incomplete frame or too weak compared to X frame (i totally ignored Garuda because, personally - not a fan) which in a sense, they kinda reworked her in a better state now than what she was.

your skills as a player = how a certain frame will be useful or not in a squad. you being stupid and using a skill wrong and dying - that's on you. Stick to Saryn or Mesa then, theyre meta frames.

its annoying that everyone thinks of her (me too at first, because she looks like it) as a dps frame, which is not. You have weapons for that. And comparing her to older dps frames because 'DIS DEALS MUH MUH DAMAGE' -- that's just, ugh.

The biggest problem of Garuda is that she can do DPS, debuff, and healing, but she is not good at all of them, and she can only do one of them at a given moment

As for your point, if a frame has high skill floor(hard to use), it should come with high skill celling(strong)

She is hard to use and weak

Banshee is a great example no one will say she is easy to use but she is really powerful even paired with weak weapons

Also Nova have almost non-existence survivability(her 1 gives DM but it goes away as it fires itself) and she is really powerful(enemy will still one shot you even at 25% speed)

Trinity has almost 0 armor but her 4 gives 75% DM(max) and it only has a 10s duration, meaning you have to manage your skill to heal up in time and replenish enemy with EV in time, link also give DM but it also only has 12s duration, you basically are monitoring your ability every second

Edited by Sorrode

29 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

For me (note: an opinion) she is a frame that makes me use all of her skills 'in a regular basis' and not just press 1 skill to nuke entire maps, or 1 skill to have invulnerability for an amount of time, having these skills on every frame will be redundant. Also the only thing that somehow should be changed, if there's a chance is for her channeling skills to be faster and that's it. I really hope that they dont rework her to what you guys want her as another 'press 4 and kill everyone' type of frame, for me she is the 1st frame that you really need to mind your cooldowns skills and actually work around her kit for once. 

I can go with this Opinion too. Gara and Garuda, to me, are the Frames that's close to being perfect so far (Gara would need her 3 buffed and Garuda, her abilities improved but defintiely not severely.) Gara can give her Teammates ,Objectives and herself 90% DR, have Protective Glass which scales with Enemy's Health (i think), and a ability which scales with Melee Mods and Rivens. She can have Millions of Damage with her Splinter Storm with her 2,4,1 Combo and just 1 shot any enemy that gets close to her while Garuda have a Heart that scales from enemy's damage, Heals her Team, Companions, and herself, Sacrifice Health for energy, and Debuff enemies with her Seeking Talons and the Debuff works with her Scaled heart to do serious Slash damage. The Debuff can work if you damage the enemy normally with your Weapons. She can Heal herself and damage hersel for easy Energy. Garuda also can teleport to a enemy 40 or 50 Meters away (if you have enough ability Range) so she don't have to be close to a enemy until she's about to create her Shield and Alter.

There's other stuff about Garuda because of how many hidden Mechanics there's in her Kit but i would keep this Reply like this. There's some changes i would think she needs like Ancient Healer's Aura not affecting Blood Alter, faster Casting Speed, and better Descriptions of her ability in the Ability Screen but that's just me.

Edited by GPrime96

1 minute ago, Sorrode said:

The biggest problem of Garuda is that she can do DPS, debuff, and healing, but she is not good at all of them, and she can only do one of them at a given moment

her healing works fine. you can stack (or not) 2 or 3 of them and literally stand up and avoid dying (and no, those bombards and napalms are bullsh!t. even with full setup on other frames they can still 1 shot you)

my setup has a single stretch in it and it can support my squad fine. Again the heal depends on target's lost HP and the tick is pretty much okay and fine by me.
The DPS part -- as i mentioned is not a necessity on earlier to mid stages because her 4th alone nukes everyone that your skill can cover, but on higher levels -- the shield fill up damage faster and is the more useful combo as it is, again use it with precaution and not willy-nilly.

• Like 1

Just now, BeeWhyOhBee said:

her healing works fine. you can stack (or not) 2 or 3 of them and literally stand up and avoid dying (and no, those bombards and napalms are bullsh!t. even with full setup on other frames they can still 1 shot you)

my setup has a single stretch in it and it can support my squad fine. Again the heal depends on target's lost HP and the tick is pretty much okay and fine by me.
The DPS part -- as i mentioned is not a necessity on earlier to mid stages because her 4th alone nukes everyone that your skill can cover, but on higher levels -- the shield fill up damage faster and is the more useful combo as it is, again use it with precaution and not willy-nilly.

Heal depends on THE PERSON getting healed not the target

As for her 1, don't forget the enemy's health and armor scale MUCH greater than their damage

13 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

I can go with this Opinion too. Gara and Garuda, to me, are the Frames that's close to being perfect so far (Gara would need her 3 buffed and Garuda, her abilities improved but defintiely not severely.) Gara can give her Teammates ,Objectives and herself 90% DR, have Protective Glass which scales with Enemy's Health (i think), and a ability which scales with Melee Mods and Rivens. She can have Millions of Damage with her Splinter Storm with her 2,4,1 Combo and just 1 shot any enemy that gets close to her while Garuda have a Heart that scales from enemy's damage, Heals her Team, Companions, and herself, Sacrifice Health for energy, and Debuff enemies with her Seeking Talons and the Debuff works with her Scaled heart to do serious Slash damage. The Debuff can work if you damage the enemy normally with your Weapons. Garuda also can teleport to a enemy 40 or 50 Meters away (if you have enough ability Range) so she don't have to be close to a enemy until she's about to create her Shield and Alter.

There's other stuff about Garuda because of how many hidden Mechanics there's in her Kit but i would keep this Reply like this. There's some changes i would think she needs like Ancient Healer's Aura not affecting Blood Alter, faster Casting Speed, and better Descriptions of her ability in the Ability Screen but that's just me.

As I said before she sound good on paper but not in practice.

Scaling from enemy damage means nothing because enemy health and armor scale much greater than their damage, basically the higher level the longer you need to charge your orb.

The heal only has 6 meters base range and as her 2 is the only ability really affected by ability range you are sacrificing things like the strength of her buff of her survivability just so you can heal your teammate not only you.

The debuff will have effect but weapons that can kill the enemy with it can kill the enemy without it, weapons that can't kill the enemy still can't kill the enemy, and the long charging time means it is not worth it to debuff the enemy rather than just shoot them.

If you are fighting things that needs your 4+1 combo to kill, the enemy will shoot and kill you when they are bleeding.

Edited by Sorrode

btw formula of enemy scaling

Current Damage = Base Damage × ( 1 + ( Current Level − Base Level )1.55 × 0.015 )

Current Health = Base Health × ( 1 + ( Current Level − Base Level )2 × 0.015 )

Current Armor = Base Armor × ( 1 + ( Current Level − Base Level )1.75 × 0.005 )

health itself scales faster than damage, and theres armor and shield

10 minutes ago, Sorrode said:

I don't remember seeing any radiated enemies killing any enemy past level 60

They don't but do you remember how Octavia scales her Mallet? If enemy's Survivability was greater than their Damage, then her Scaling wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Just now, GPrime96 said:

They don't but do you remember how Octavia scales her Mallet? If enemy's Survivability was greater than their Damage, then her Scaling wouldn't be as good as it is now.

the mattet with the ball has higher treat level meaning enemy will all be shooting at it, also it has a 2.5x multiplier, and her 4 boosts it further

10 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

throw it into a group of lvl 20 and lvl 100 and tell me the TTK don't increase by orders of magnitude

Edited by Sorrode

2 hours ago, SqualZell said:

you can also go hunt and forage for your food, no one is forcing you to buy your steak and berries from your local groceries store, so all your food is free? HEY EVERYONE I SOLVED WORLD HUNGER! 

Except this is not real life it's a game .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:

oh no this is not the answer i was looking for 

They did patch that in, so NT helps with casting now.

Not that it changes anything fundamentally. You still don't want to use her 4th at all until like lvl150 because the weapons alone will do it faster and also more efficiently since they don't require you dancing around to manage the energy for her 4th.

All in all, she's a fast healing frame that can also be made pretty tanky (if you got a couple spare Arcane Guardians) but does not have anything to show except the ability to survive.

That is until you reach the levels that are not even part of regular game content - then you can make use of her debuff, but it also needs some good weapons to go with it, weapons that would work otherwise, just worse (I mean - stuff like Arca Plasmor against armor can't be saved by it, it will still work like a peashooter slash procs or no slash procs). 

She desperately needs some tweaks and I hope they're coming.

26 minutes ago, DarthKadra said:

They did patch that in, so NT helps with casting now.

Not that it changes anything fundamentally. You still don't want to use her 4th at all until like lvl150 because the weapons alone will do it faster and also more efficiently since they don't require you dancing around to manage the energy for her 4th.

All in all, she's a fast healing frame that can also be made pretty tanky (if you got a couple spare Arcane Guardians) but does not have anything to show except the ability to survive.

That is until you reach the levels that are not even part of regular game content - then you can make use of her debuff, but it also needs some good weapons to go with it, weapons that would work otherwise, just worse (I mean - stuff like Arca Plasmor against armor can't be saved by it, it will still work like a peashooter slash procs or no slash procs). 

She desperately needs some tweaks and I hope they're coming.

:angel: wow you realy made my day with this information

so relaxed and a good explaination too  

-- As long the Natural Talent mod works on warframe like it needs to do iam happy with it .. but feel sad when mod don't work on certain warframe 

and iam realy excited to play with Garuda when its finished in the foundry .. soon TM

and hoped on an amezing new warframe abilities that could do diffrently than we are used before

Something fresh yes we need that .. an no we don't need broken stuff 

-- so yeah thank you again for this info -- 

8 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

:angel: wow you realy made my day with this information

so relaxed and a good explaination too  

-- As long the Natural Talent mod works on warframe like it needs to do iam happy with it .. but feel sad when mod don't work on certain warframe 

and iam realy excited to play with Garuda when its finished in the foundry .. soon TM

and hoped on an amezing new warframe abilities that could do diffrently than we are used before

Something fresh yes we need that .. an no we don't need broken stuff 

-- so yeah thank you again for this info -- 

Lol, except she does nothing "different".

19 hours ago, SqualZell said:

It doesn't matter if I can get it for free some other way. The moment something is available in return for money, It ceases to be free, regardless if I can acquire it some other way.

As soon as money exchanges hands, I become a customer. 

so This customer is not happy with the purchase as he received a broken and unfinished product. (Warframe is no longer in Beta or Early Access, broken things need to be addressed and fixed in a timely manner.

holy crap replies like this are the most stupid thing i've seen so far today. congrats.

34 minutes ago, Xyhon said:

Lol, except she does nothing "different".

considering how meta effective hunter munitions were, i'd say this is just your opinion and its not entirely correct. at all. garuda is fine, shes very much high level viable and brings useful things to her team in form of slash procs and decent healing and for solo play its not exactly difficult to stay alive at all with her shield. if i can survive in arbitrations without any issues with her as someone who has close to 0 mechanical skill, i'd suggest learning how to mod her properly to stay alive. 

2 hours ago, SqualZell said:

I guess we value our money differently... 

yes, thats why i look up into things before spending real money on them instead of buying it and complaining that it wasnt what i wanted to be afterwards. cus i actually value my money. clearly unlike you. 

9 hours ago, Zeclem said:

holy crap replies like this are the most stupid thing i've seen so far today. congrats.

considering how meta effective hunter munitions were, i'd say this is just your opinion and its not entirely correct. at all. garuda is fine, shes very much high level viable and brings useful things to her team in form of slash procs and decent healing and for solo play its not exactly difficult to stay alive at all with her shield. if i can survive in arbitrations without any issues with her as someone who has close to 0 mechanical skill, i'd suggest learning how to mod her properly to stay alive. 

Really, bother some1 else with your enlighted gameplay. Garuda is far from what she was supposed to be, provides debuff that team doesn't need, because they kill things quicker than you can provide anything, is hard to position to be useful, has problems staying relevent in current content (yes, Fortuna farm is real) mainly because she sucks against any kind of disabler/null. Oberon is much better choice in terms of healing, debuff and armor stripping for example. And has insta casts.