Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9.8

[DE]Rebecca

Overheat was better before and Mag has always been a viable option for me. I liked Pull better when it had both defensive and offensive capabilities, it still needed a buff, but making it useless defensively is not a price I'm willing to pay. Liking the Nyx buffs and Vauban nerf since Bastille was an insta-reach-wave30 in every infested mission. Only problem with this is that Frost still has that ability when it's Corpus defense so why shouldn't Vauban have one or both get nerfed? 

The mod system still needs expanding on number of options and a loadout system, but I can wait for U10 for those changes *hint hint*

Good job as always, keep them updates coming! =) 

2i6no1g.jpg

Just a few things I noticed, don't know if has happened to others too...

I logged in a few minutes ago and 3 things happened that shouldn't have:

- First, (as you can see in the picture) I somehow have -2/4 revives left... Negative 2 out of 4?

- Then I bought a team heal to put into my gear slot, and even though it lets me buy them, it won't let me place them. 

- And lastly, I have way more credits than I should. I was almost at two hundred thousand, but when I logged in I had over three hundred thousand.

Anyone else have these problems?

Edited by SamiSpider

• You may notice that mods you have equipped in a weapon are in your options for customization in other weapons. You no longer need to remove the mod from weapon X to equip in weapon Y, it will appear in the UI for you now.

Does that mean we won't need to upgrade other mods, as long as we're using the ones we need on other weapons, in order to add it to another weapon?

People. Stop complaining about the bastille nerf like entitled, short-sighted children. I'm actually quite happy with it. Know why?

IT WAS DUE.

Bastille was fantastic. Bastille was awesome. And Bastille was OP.

If you ran into huge pack of enemies, you just hit 3 and fed them a "lol nope". It gave you an impenetrable bunker on defense mission. And it turned EVERYTHING with infested into a shooting gallery, regardless of level.

It needed a nerf, and I like the way it turned out. I like being about to throw out multiple bastilles in multiple locations. I'm glad it wasn't turned into Nyx's Chaos, being only usable once per duration. 12 enemies per cast is still a VERY appreciable amount. And if it's not enough? THROW IT AGAIN.

What caught my attention much more were the gear changes. Why are ammo boxes, shield restores, and heals going away? They're all extremely useful, either when soloing as a newbie or raging t3 def. The patch notes were vague. Are they being reworked? Replaced? Or are they being ditched entirely? If it's the last, I'm expecting ammo problems. A simple ammo drum isn't enough, particularly on high end defense missions when you can run through you entire primary or secondary weapon's ammo supply in one wave. And no, don't just toss "ammo mutation mods" as an excuse. Currently, they're not available in game. If that changes, cool.

• You may notice that mods you have equipped in a weapon are in your options for customization in other weapons. You no longer need to remove the mod from weapon X to equip in weapon Y, it will appear in the UI for you now.

Wow, Thanks. Now I don't need to have several maxed Focus for each frame. I just need to keep only one. Good.

PS: Don't change it back please.

Edited by AntLion

CHANGES:

Ember: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102831-ember-98-feedback-thread/

• Fire Skin: Fire skin is now an offensive power rather than a defensive power. Reduced damage resistance and increased the damage output. Warframe strength mods now modify the damage amount.

Trinity: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102830-trinity-98-feedback-thread/

• Link: No longer damage immunity--changed to damage reduction, now links to several targets at once amplifying the incoming damage. Increased radius search for link targets.

Vauban: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102832-vauban-98-feedback-thread/

• Bastille:  Ability now has a set number of targets. 6-8-10-12

I want to cry

What caught my attention much more were the gear changes. Why are ammo boxes, shield restores, and heals going away? They're all extremely useful, either when soloing as a newbie or raging t3 def. The patch notes were vague. Are they being reworked? Replaced? Or are they being ditched entirely? If it's the last, I'm expecting ammo problems. A simple ammo drum isn't enough, particularly on high end defense missions when you can run through you entire primary or secondary weapon's ammo supply in one wave. And no, don't just toss "ammo mutation mods" as an excuse. Currently, they're not available in game. If that changes, cool.

Currently rolling Flux Rifle and Hikou, done T3 Defense and high level stuff several times.

I rarely ran out of ammo.

Edited by TmDevice

Could you elaborate on this please.... Gear section completely retired or replaced with new items/feature ?

Because now, like many other people, i will be mass purchasing these items because they serve a purpose.

Heh, you better be stackin up on those, i bet they are going to go plat only soon

atleast it wouldn't suprise me the least, if that happend

Edited by Mabswer

Great but how does the mechanic of it work, I didn't notice any difference?

I dont know what the big deal is......so overheat got a damge reduction nerf.....so??? I just played as her and she has so much more damage output now. That is what her purpose is.......burst damage/dot. She is not supposed to be a tank. The Link nerf i agree with. Bastille......no......you should have left that alone.

What's a big deal about "not supposed to be a tank". How do you know what is she supposed to be? Are you Steve in disguise? And maybe Volt is supposed to be DD too? Let's replace Speed with lightning DOT and Shield with lightning burst, it would be nice, right?

And Overheat wasn't tanking ability, it was survival ability. Now Ember won't live long at high levels, enjoy your buff.

Edited by AlienOvermind

Ember? seriously?

Fireball is fine but why overheat? Why improve it's damage when there's another ability that does same better - world on fire?

Also why would fire blast occupy an entire map going trough walls looking all derpy and awful? Size could be bigger but not that much.

Refund potatoes/formas to anyone who potatoed/forma'd Trinity, since her survivability was just removed... She wasn't even being used anymore. [i haven't seen Trinity in online play in months, so not sure why she needed a nerf.]

However, if her nerf gets the sort of outcry Rhino's did, she might be about to get an huge range, armor-ignoring, massive damage Ult, along with a spectacular team buff!

In comparison, Vauban's nerf was expected, but not constructive, since Bastille is his useful skill. Ember's nerf was overdue. Nyx getting buffed is purely because Rebecca likes Nyx. Mag's buff was unexpected and unwarranted.

Where's a Loki buff? Where's a Rhino nerf? Where's a Nova nerf?

so, they should refund potatoed trinitys because they made all of her skills usefull, but changed one so that it wasn´t god mode?

it´s good that they are doing this, making every skill usefull, or do you want every warframe to be a one trick pony?

You guys skrewed up hard!!!!! I forma'd Trinity just to make her good and then you get the only warframe with no AOE attack ability and weaken it not to mention she has bairly any defence. I can't even kill a level 21 Ruk now this is embarrasing. The only 2 warframes I have got messed up hard by this update... Ember and Trinity.... RIP waframe.

Edited by a04tbaba

This is the first update I've been a part of! Exciting!

One thing I noticed:

"You may notice that mods you have equipped in a weapon are in your options for customization in other weapons. You no longer need to remove the mod from weapon X to equip in weapon Y, it will appear in the UI for you now."

While I like the changes to the UI there, in practice seeing all your mods is a little unweildly. Specifically, the "Equipped" tab.

It used to be that I'd go into the weapon or frame's mod menu, click "Mods" and then from there work specifically with the equipped mods for that particular item.

Now, however, no matter which item I'm inspecting, all my equipped mods are on display, and due to how the mods are sorted it can be difficult picking which mod is the one I'm looking for. That said, it is convenient to have them all in one place.

My thoughts are, to further divide the "Equipped" tab into individual sections - either "Frame/Primary/Secondary/Melee" or on an individual weapon to weapon basis. That way it's easy to see where each mod is equipped at a glance.

Hope that made sense :/