Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

24.0.4 Archwing changes.

Vati.exe

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Sky Archwing sprinting now more closely resembles normal Archwing.  

Dear DE.
since Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.4 , Free roam archwing animation/gameplay was changed to normal space archwing which is objectively worst: one is old and the other one was released in 2017 and clearly looks 10times better, and subjectively worst: we can't DO A BARREL ROLL now.
I have no clue why was this changed, I'm starting to doubt if this was even intended, i can understand nerfing archwing speed to to make K-Drive more useful but reducing archwing gameplay  quality is foolish to say the least.

Kind regards, Vati.

Edited by Vati.exe

Revert the change, please. It now takes a long time going anywhere and the view angle limit does not make sense. No loops, no barrel rolls. I also hope it was an oversight and not a design choice to push people towards Kdrives. You don't make something more appealing by making everything else less fun.

Edited by lukaself

Big Strike vector fan here!

Moreover, the flight model does not make any sense either... if you turn portside, gain some speed then quickly turn starboard using either the mouse or the keyboard, you will be pushed starboard... while your momentum should actually carry you portside, where you accumulated inertia. Also, the boost is barely noticeable now, I wish I could get more than a 20% increase in speed for having to hold TWO buttons. 🤔

tl,dr : after the hotfix, archwing inertia goes against physics and instinct! I'm sorry I can't fly like this...

Edited by lukaself

1 hour ago, lukaself said:

if you turn portside, gain some speed then quickly turn starboard using either the mouse or the keyboard, you will be pushed starboard... while your momentum should actually carry you portside

Man, so true.

I asked DE to fix that "momentum" many times....but was ignored like Kubrodon's poop during Toroid farm run.

Please DE, instead of nerfing Archwing, consider buffing Kdrives speed instead, GIVE US THE OLD CONTROLL BACK, the new onse are to not fun anymore.

Also food for thought, but if we could actually do something USEFULL while on k-drive aka use abilites or at least shoot, we wouldn't use archwing all day

Edited by nononimous

Seriously why would you change the controls. You could at least give us the option to chose. I could understand why some people might find the older easier system to use, but for people including myself. The new controls were much more fluid and had a greater sense of motion that the old ones cant even begin to compare. The whole point for your game is for it to be fun. Why would you purposely make your game less fun? Also its been said before, Nerfs are always worse than buffs. Make the K drive faster. It already felt really slow. Which is weird because this game is all about fast paced action. 

Yeah can we get this reverted please.  I preferred the old one too and the boost nerf (it's hardly any faster) is just a poor attempt to make people use k-drives while totally ignoring the reason we're not using k-drives in the first place.... 

The reason we don't want to use k-drives is that they're too slow for the size of the map they're being used on, on PoE they're fine (still slower though) because the map is smaller but fortuna is huge in comparison.  Then we have people taking even longer than just the travel time because they're 'wasting time' doing tricks between bounties trying to get the tiny amounts of standing it offers.. not all of us have unlimited game time, some of us have real life to consider so do things more 'efficiently'. 

In all honesty, PoE should have been the one to introduce k-drives and venus should have been archwings as the 'upgraded' transportation because it would fit the 'scale of the map' better.   As it is now we've got a slower, more cumbersome and less useful (you can't even shoot from k-drives without 'leaving it', let alone archwing abilities) device that is supposed to be the 'transport mode of choice' when on venus... 

I can't understand this thread, are you guys seriously missing the old skywing controls? I'm baffled. I'd never say no to more speed but the current control with experimental flight on just works great. We're using A and D to strafe everywhere else, every time I tried to do that while dashing in the plains it tilted instead, it was so annoying. What do you even need barrel rolls for? I had never had so much fun with archwing in POE as I'm having now in Fortuna. 

8 minutes ago, Amhiel said:

I can't understand this thread, are you guys seriously missing the old skywing controls? I'm baffled. I'd never say no to more speed but the current control with experimental flight on just works great. We're using A and D to strafe everywhere else, every time I tried to do that while dashing in the plains it tilted instead, it was so annoying. What do you even need barrel rolls for? I had never had so much fun with archwing in POE as I'm having now in Fortuna. 

Seriously. I genuinely feel like I've stepped into an alternate pocket dimension with this thread. I had no clue people actually enjoyed the old controls; they seemed horrid to me. Maybe they were more "realistic", but they weren't any fun.

I still remember the first day Archwing came out I was so excited, I was yelling at my friend in TeamSpeak, GET ON WARFRAME THEY ADDED ARMORED CORE, I loved how fast the Archwings moved the turning the melee attacks the running into walls for hours until I got good at flying and learned the maps, then Itzal came out and I almost died so much SPEED. I took around a one and a half year break or more and when I came back Archwings felt different slower and sluggish along with the controls being meh I "changed" the controls back to the old controls but it still did not feel like I the Archwing I remembered, then in Plains of Eidolon is was so painful flying around and trying to fight while in the Archwing. Fortuna felt better maybe it was the changes to Archwing but it still didn't feel like the Archwing from years ago.

I know most people never liked Archwings I think it had to do with the missions and the close quarter's map that took a learning skill set to navigate in at anything but snail speeds, but as someone who loved Archwing since the day it was released please give those players to option to use the old Archwing "controls"

Edited by Kirinketsu

Alright so.

I'm posting here instead of creating another thread.

I like this better. This is closer to how Archwing launched, and now if we can just get rid of the residual inertia, it'll be how it was at launch.

That said I understand why people might miss the dual-mode controls from Plains and launch Fortuna. IMO, they should be active when Experimental archwing controls are active.

What we have now is -while slightly less amusing (Can't do barrel rolls) and slightly less flight-simmy- more useful and quicker to learn.

Also, if you mention "Old" controls, it's probably useful to be more specific so everyone's on the same page:

Launch, Experimental, Plains/Fortuna, or New Fortuna, since they're all different.

And we still need a separate toggle sprint for archwing.

Edited by Temragon

12 minutes ago, Temragon said:

Alright so.

I'm posting here instead of creating another thread.

I like this better. This is closer to how Archwing launched, and now if we can just get rid of the residual inertia, it'll be how it was at launch.

That said I understand why people might miss the dual-mode controls from Plains and launch Fortuna. IMO, they should be active when Experimental archwing controls are active.

What we have now is -while slightly less amusing (Can't do barrel rolls) and slightly less flight-simmy- more useful and quicker to learn.

Also, if you mention "Old" controls, it's probably useful to be more specific so everyone's on the same page:

Launch, Experimental, Plains/Fortuna, or New Fortuna, since they're all different.

And we still need a separate toggle sprint for archwing.

How is it at all more useful when trying to boost just sends you flying sideways half the time?

3 minutes ago, Ayures said:

How is it at all more useful when trying to boost just sends you flying sideways half the time?

If it's broken, then it's broken and needs to be fixed, but when working correctly boost simply applying in whichever direction you're moving makes sense and used to work fine.

Edited by Temragon

Just now, Temragon said:

If it's broken, then it's broken and needs to be fixed, but when working correctly boost simply applying in whichever direction you're moving makes sense and used to work fine.

No, it's pretty bad. Skywing controlled so much better and was much more intuitive.

8 minutes ago, Ayures said:

No, it's pretty bad. Skywing controlled so much better and was much more intuitive.

I like it better now (and how it was originally). You don't.

This is how subjective opinion works. In my post I was onboard with preserving how you like it in the options, just like others here are suggesting.