Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of catch-up mechanic in the Daily Login Rewards

pittax

The changes to the login rewards are nice and they certainly make them more meaningful, but there is 1 issue that was not addressed in this update - there is no catching up mechanic. I currently have 3400 hours of playtime on steam and according to my profile, almost half of that is actual playtime, but I still missing 2 of the weapons and 2 primed mods, because I only logged in a bit over 400 days. I have to say it's a bit demotivational to have played a game for literally thousands of hours and still have some progression items at least 400 days away (likely significantly more, as I can't log in every day), not to mention the fact that there will likely be more rewards added later.

It does not help that DE have acknowledged this issue in the streams and said that there will be a way to circumvent the system for the progression items (and no, choosing one of the bunch at milestones is nice, but does not count).

I do not object to rewarding players who actually can log in every single day for multiple years (and high level rewards now achieve just that), but there really needs to be a way to catch up with the non-cosmetic progression items, even if that takes a lot of effort. Not everyone can keep up with the daily logins and multiple years long backlog of rewards is quite irritating.

P.S. sorry about the rant, but it's just one of very few things that really peeves me in Warframe.

That is the the thing. Its called a login reward for a reason. It is a reward for logging in. DE or the player base is not responsible for a singular players reasons for not logging in as many times as needed to get a reward. Nor is it incumbent on DE to alter or fix it. If you feel wronged or demotivated that is on you. The system exists to reward logins. There for you need to log in to get your prize. No catch up is needed. Just keep logging in. 

2 hours ago, pittaxx said:

said that there will be a way to circumvent the system for the progression items

Please link to where this was said.

2 hours ago, pittaxx said:

issue that was not addressed

You ignored the possibility that it is not seen as an issue or is one that would warrant addressing.

I don't think this is an actual issue, tbh. Logging in daily is the requirement for getting the login rewards on time. I'm backlogged myself and am several hundreds of days behind my core group of friends, but that is on me for not having logged in every single day. I don't think this needs to be circumvented as it is working as intended.

It’s part of the game mechanic, and it’s what adds the good feels to players who have those weapons, it also gives them the edge in hitting the next MR to stand out. 

Unless you have to travel there’s really no reason you can’t kake the log in dauily. Hours played isn’t a true representation of days logged in though. I know three year vets who logged daily and I have more total playtime and have only been playing a year now. 

I'm pretty annoyed as well. My only grip is that I'm not even logging in to play, I'm just doing it for the daily attendance check. If there was enough content to hold one's attention for so long, I'd be okay with the waiting.

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Please link to where this was said.

They were discussing this in a number of streams. Iirc their last stance on this before the updated dailies were shipped was that the "progression items" as they were called (mods/weapons) will be tradable.

6 hours ago, Oru5732 said:

After 1000 days there are no unique rewards, so you can easily catch up in terms of weapons and primed mods

At least 3 years of waiting isn't "easily catching up". Way more if you can't login every day. Not to mention that it's implied that there will be more rewards later.

Edited by pittaxx