Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

anyone else hoping for more infested stuff

(PSN)lord-dra

so thanks to plague star we have infested zaw parts and zaw arcana is anyone else hoping we get infested parts for other modular items like amps, k-drives, kitguns, and moa companions also is anyone else hoping for infested items of categories that dont yet have any at all such as landing craft, archwing, archwing weapons, operator suits/armor (not sure if im missing any categories there) and another thing that is a little off topic im bringing this up mainly cause i  want to use my helminth charger more butt this would also apply to kubrow and kavat pets as well we need some way of stabilizing non sentinel pets enabling them to be used permanently like sentinels now i dont care if this is some hard to obtain item i dont care if its a ridiculously complex research project in the clan labs i dont care if its a mod that would mean not only can i only stabilize a number of pets equal to the number of the mod that i have butt also that it would take up mod space on my pet i just dont wanna keep putting my helminth charger in stasis constantly

Yeah really hoping for more infested stuff in the future.

What I would like to see is using existing weapons and "corrupting" them into infested variants with a mostly organic look. Especially a infested Velocitus I would like to see, shooting massive impaling spikes, maybe with some gaspods attached to it that release a poisonous cloud.

Another thing I'm still waiting on is this infested greatsword right here. But I guess that has been put on hold until melee 3.0 has been released.

Edited by Gemenai

While i am fine with more infested equipment, instead what i want is more focus on the faction itself: tilesets, new and old enemies pass,creepy factor,phorid rework . So much work is needed for that.....

Edited by HellVOps

+1 to all of these!

- for Amps: the ability to make a variety of tentacle gloves that shoot toxic globs, viral beams or corrosive darts at enemies. alt-fires in particular could be interesting, maybe have an Amp that launches maggots to latch onto enemies? lot of possibilities!

-  for K- Drives, I'm thinking a slab of Orokin Wall-meat that's been infested. and whenever you grind with it it makes squelching noises and spurts blood! that should give a few vent kids nightmares..

- for kitguns, it'd basically be a mix-and-match of things that our current infested guns can do. but I'd love to be able to make a rifle that looks like a longer Toxocyst, best looking infested weapon IMO.

- Mutalist MOA companions would be quite nice, for once we could be the ones launching sticky tar or swarms of parasites all over the placeI'd love one that has a grappling hook and reels an enemy in before giving it an incredibly powerful kick to the balls that deals massive impact damage and ragdolls them. I'll pay plat for that feature if I have to DE, please make nut-kicking a MOA attack! (for our MOAs that is, not the enemy, leave my Rhino Prime's massive codpiece alone!)

- infested landing craft could be good, though technically ours is already infested with Helminth, though I wouldn't be opposed to letting him assimilate the rest of the ship, especially if he takes over Ordis and fake Lotus' duties.

- for Infested archwing, something that functions like a mini-Jordas Golem we can control would suffice IMO. also scary batwing shape maybe?

- Infested Arch weapons could be interesting, what about a heavy cannon from a ship that's infested? maybe a large Sword, like the Mire but used in Archwing?

- infested operator armour is a given I think, DE won't stop until the kids look as diverse as the frames.

overall, anything infested is fine by me, as long as it doesn't try to eat my face.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

+1 to all of these!

- for Amps: the ability to make a variety of tentacle gloves that shoot toxic globs, viral beams or corrosive darts at enemies. alt-fires in particular could be interesting, maybe have an Amp that launches maggots to latch onto enemies? lot of possibilities!

-  for K- Drives, I'm thinking a slab of Orokin Wall-meat that's been infested. and whenever you grind with it it makes squelching noises and spurts blood! that should give a few vent kids nightmares..

- for kitguns, it'd basically be a mix-and-match of things that our current infested guns can do. but I'd love to be able to make a rifle that looks like a longer Toxocyst, best looking infested weapon IMO.

- Mutalist MOA companions would be quite nice, for once we could be the ones launching sticky tar or swarms of parasites all over the placeI'd love one that has a grappling hook and reels an enemy in before giving it an incredibly powerful kick to the balls that deals massive impact damage and ragdolls them. I'll pay plat for that feature if I have to DE, please make nut-kicking a MOA attack! (for our MOAs that is, not the enemy, leave my Rhino Prime's massive codpiece alone!)

- infested landing craft could be good, though technically ours is already infested with Helminth, though I wouldn't be opposed to letting him assimilate the rest of the ship, especially if he takes over Ordis and fake Lotus' duties.

- for Infested archwing, something that functions like a mini-Jordas Golem we can control would suffice IMO. also scary batwing shape maybe?

- Infested Arch weapons could be interesting, what about a heavy cannon from a ship that's infested? maybe a large Sword, like the Mire but used in Archwing?

- infested operator armour is a given I think, DE won't stop until the kids look as diverse as the frames.

overall, anything infested is fine by me, as long as it doesn't try to eat my face.

HOLD up there cowboy! As a fan of the Infested Hybrid known as Helminth, you BETTER count in my OWN support for all those mentioned points as well! :highfive:

20 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Most of the infested items that I have had the misfortune to have to level has been a HUGE disappointment so... no Im not.

Funny to read that,4 years ago they were really good,some even second best at dps.

But yes,today except scoliac there is not single infested weapon I'd use after leveling it up.

6 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Funny to read that,4 years ago they were really good,some even second best at dps.

But yes,today except scoliac there is not single infested weapon I'd use after leveling it up.

Pox, Mutalist Cernos, Lesion, Hirudo, and Embolist all have a place in my arsenal beyond collection purposes. They are all pretty usable weapons beyond when I get bored and spend an hour or two or six in Mot. There are definitely better weapons around however. I feel like we need a second tier of infested weapons these days.

8 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

+1 to all of these!

u have some pretty amazing ideas however i would like to point out helminth is only on the orbiter the landing craft r the small ships we take on missions like the  liset, mantis, scimitar, and xiphos i was talking about getting a infested option along those lines

22 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Agreed. I couldnt wait to get my hands on infested weapons. Nerfs, power creep, whatever, made them into an MR xp thing.

Personally hoping for more Infested everything.

As far as the factions go, they've been the least worked on, despite being an interesting iteration of the whole "out of control disease" trope. I love their aesthetic and roll with a infested themed frames as much as I can. As far as their representation is, I love the "Orphaned, lost child" aspect a boss like Lephantis has, and not so much the malicious version that is Golem.

I'd like to see more from them lore-wise, as well as more missions and an open world.

I'm actually wanting something akin to Alien Isolation for a new Infested unit and mission mode if they take a pass on updating Phorid...one good Infested monster that's blinded, that can't be killed, and can run you down if it hears you..like the Berserker from Gears of War...maybe all you can do is stun it and that's only limited to like two chances, after that you gotta pray and move..

Something that when you go into a mission and there's nothing there..no units or mobs...but just quiet and the music that lets you know you're in for it.. and you get that gut reaction of "OH FFFFFFFFFuuudddgggee...I triggered this event, I got to clear vaults or rescue a prisoner while avoiding it...and then you pee yourself when you hear it searching for you...after a alarm gets triggered...I find myself picturing a massive version of Nidus's Larva just bowling through the tiles after you like Indiana Jone's Boulder mixed with Cthulhu.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey