Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Revive Invincibility

Datursa

This has been a big issue of mine for a long time but it didn't really bother me until fortuna. 

In one of the cave cache hunts, one of the caches is in the water with electricity on it that damages when you touch it. I had my pet die to this 6 times in a row, I would revive it, 2-4 seconds later it'd be dead again because it can't get out of the water fast enough to not die. I even lifted the damn rod so that it doesn't electrify the water and the damn pet wouldn't even follow me out so it just died again after I gave up on trying.

If warframes get a couple of seconds of invincibility when they're revived, why can't pets/companions.

I, too, have encountered this. At the very least something needs to be done about that spot.

In the meantime, here's a way you can get your pet out safely: as soon as you revive your pet, summon an archwing. Companions are invulnerable while you are in archwing mode, so you can fly out of the cave and your pet will teleport to you later.

Do companions even revive? I don't recall ever seeing my companion revive after they have died even with the mod installed that is supposed to allow them to. I guess they could have but then was instantly killed again. But yeah, I have never seen mine respawn ever.

2 minutes ago, Sepharoth said:

Do companions even revive? I don't recall ever seeing my companion revive after they have died even with the mod installed that is supposed to allow them to. I guess they could have but then was instantly killed again. But yeah, I have never seen mine respawn ever.

This is about reviving a downed pet, like you would a player. 

1 minute ago, Sepharoth said:

OP's talking about picking up your Companion from Bleedout, only to have it die before it can react to an environmental danger.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping for this to be picked up because ever since I got my pet moa I've noticed this issue, Everything from electified water to the electrified rail on a grineer defense map constantly killing my pet before they even get the chance to stand up after I revive them, its infuriating

On 2018-11-25 at 9:33 AM, Datursa said:

This has been a big issue of mine for a long time but it didn't really bother me until fortuna. 

In one of the cave cache hunts, one of the caches is in the water with electricity on it that damages when you touch it. I had my pet die to this 6 times in a row, I would revive it, 2-4 seconds later it'd be dead again because it can't get out of the water fast enough to not die. I even lifted the damn rod so that it doesn't electrify the water and the damn pet wouldn't even follow me out so it just died again after I gave up on trying.

If warframes get a couple of seconds of invincibility when they're revived, why can't pets/companions.

I've also seen this happen in the one Grineer Defense map, with the rail car on an electrified rail.  One end of the rail anchors at the top of the stairs and the AoE extends a short distance around it.  A Kavat belonging to one of the other players walked into the AoE and died more or less instantly.  Every time someone revived it, the AoE would kill it again before it even tried to move.  Eventually there was no choice but to just let it die and stay down.  Again, the map design itself is part of the problem - there's really no reason for the rail to be anchored at the top of the stairs, nor for it to have an AoE damage effect.

Then again, bizarre map design happens.  Like the Orokin Defense map with the (expletive deleted) Void Lasers of Instant Team Killing.  The lasers are utterly useless against enemies past level 35 or so, but will instantly kill nearly any Warframe.

Upvoted, completely agree.

Also, could we please get in the Pet update the AI's ability to realize they're taking damage and do their best to avoid its source? My Kavat will regularly try to follow Sapping Ospreys as they're out of range, then dumbly stand in their mines and die, many times.