Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which snipers are your guys fav and do they belong here?

180Degree

I'm very rarely in a situation where sniper rifles would be useful, given that the vast majority of combat takes place at close ranges.

Its assault rifles, pistols & melee weapons all the way for me.

Only times I've ever taken a sniper rifle was on the Plains of Eidolon...because you can at least spot targets at long distances there.

Even Orb Vallis is too full of hills & mountains & twisty roads and most encounters are at short-ish ranges.

Only sniper weapon I've ever used was the Vectis. I do have the blueprint for the Rubico Prime though and plant to build it once I have all the parts, mainly because it looks really nice and I've read a lot of good comments about it.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On 2018-11-29 at 4:59 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

Only times I've ever taken a sniper rifle was on the Plains of Eidolon...because you can at least spot targets at long distances there.

On 2018-11-29 at 4:59 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

Only sniper weapon I've ever used was the Vectis.

You are better off using the alt-fire of the mining laser tool then. Vectis's zoom level is oriented around CQC, doesn't help much at long range.

.o0O(Don't say Supra don't say Supra don't say Supra)

Supra Vandal.

DAMMIT.

Okay but in all seriousness, Sniper just aren't my playstyle, I like my effective at all ranges LMGs that just hose bullets until nothing can be alive in that entire hallway (and I'm sad we don't have a Prime one or non-'gimmicky' Tenno one to Prime.). I generally hop between a few Snipes when the need comes around, but Vectis P is kinda my overall go to.

... does Tenora Alt Fire count? It's not the most intuitive thing but I use it more often than an actual sniper. (Seeing as I'm not allowed to say Lex/Vaykor Marelok/Rattlegut. I use secondaries for my precision damage. :x)

I may considering saying 4th prism when I get it. 434 sounds like a fun amp to use for general play. (Probably do 213/313 for Eidolons)

Vectis and Vectis Prime, I really couldn't stand the 2 seconds reload on other sniper rifles
which could mean getting your position overwhelmed when playing solo.

Vectis/ Vectis Prime have really negligible reload time which usually it takes me longer to transit to next target
when shooting longer distance.

So it is basically a 73/74, or 91/92 rounds (ammo case) capacity bolt action sniper rifle

And there are few things that could stand up against a direct hit in the torso or head, especially with Hunter Munitions build.

4 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Vectis's zoom level is oriented around CQC, doesn't help much at long range.

Sadly, since they went with that zoom nerf no one wanted. (except maybe people who didn't use snipers and wanted ez mod while leveling them at Hydron)

Imo. the zoom levels were fine before and i used it at normal tilesets long before PoE.

I love all snipers besides Snipetron Vandal and maybe the Vulkar Wraith.

The Snipetron family of snipers all kick like a mule, probably a little more aggressively than the Vectis family but at least with the latter that’s helped with the great reload speeds and maintaining your sights while reloading.

Regarding Vulkar/Wraith, I was just never a fan of the sights. And trying to boost the crit on it with a Riven only yielded slightly above 100% chance on shots that were primarily Impact. It’s saving grace is the augment, so I do use it sometimes if I want to proc Corrosive AoEs along with the boosted Dead Eye damage.

On 2018-11-29 at 12:57 AM, 180Degree said:

I knew i would hear the Lex being mentioned.... now waiting for some1 to say tigris and im set.

My favorite sniper is Ripkas.  Sure, somebody will probably come in and protest, " But Tiltskillet, you brilliant and handsome devil, you simply must have a ranged weapon to snipe!

But they'll have to say it louder, because I can't hear them over the sound of  zssszzshsz zsshsssysssz! Zssszzshsz zsshsssysssz!