Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe anticheat?

FaydWF

just wondering if there is any plan in the works to get an anti-cheat going for warframe, primarily because of the pvp experience. im aware that its not a very popular feature in the game right now, but it is there, and it IS fun to play with friends in some cases. that being said there is a rampant issue in regards to people that are just "too good at all the wrong things". before i get called out for being a total S#&$ter that cant aim or play the game properly id like to say that ive got plenty of experience in fps games (3 simultaneous globals in csgo, plus A+ in esea if any1 knows what these mean), and a competitive history in the oldschool battlefield games. 

im sorry but it just isnt possible to shoot somebody as they bullet jump across a 1 foot gap 100 yards away from you with a bow. stuff like that happened to a friend and i on a regular basis and after testing the travel time, we determined that in most of those instances it was actually impossible to hit without shooting BEFORE the person came out.

i understand that this is a smaller dev team etc, and again i know that pvp isnt a huge priority, but i cant see how partnering with battle eye or something wouldnt benefit the game overall. some people even cheat in normal gameplay as you can easily find out if you simply do a youtube search. while i dont personally consider that case in itself to be a serious issue, i still think that the action itself should be punished.

Edited by FaydWF

57 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Yea, what monkey said. If the game detects you have a cheat system running you get an instant ban when you log in. 

There's even been a handful of posts complaining about that.  "But I wasn't planning on cheating in Warframe, I just forgot it open after using it to cheat in some *other* game."

46 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

There's even been a handful of posts complaining about that.  "But I wasn't planning on cheating in Warframe, I just forgot it open after using it to cheat in some *other* game."

Why's that matter then? I've used CheatEngine before to unlock some things in WH 40k : Space Marine since getting full unlocks nowadays in that game is near impossible. Guess that means by default I'm going to modify the memory of game I play now, by your logic.

58 minutes ago, Skoll- said:

Why's that matter then? I've used CheatEngine before to unlock some things in WH 40k : Space Marine since getting full unlocks nowadays in that game is near impossible. Guess that means by default I'm going to modify the memory of game I play now, by your logic.

well if i recall warframe anti cheat looks at stuff thats running in your background i think its even mistaken some MP3 player programs way back for being cheats or 3rd party programs 
all he was pointing out is that they had it running in the back ground when warframe was launched and it was open in the background the anti cheat saw it and punished them for it even if they did cheat in another game and wernt planning to use it  the system is abit well jumpy is a decent word i guess if you thought your ban was the result of a false positive i was once banned for having windows media player open back when they first introduced the anti cheat talking to support can help clear it up comeing to the forums and making a thread on the topic only earns 2 things people sharing on the similar problem you had or being mocked or laughed at depending on the problem 

TLDR: the system is jumpy and doesn't care for what your intentions are it was open you are banned back when it was first put in alot of people were falsely banned for having something as simple as a MP3 player program open and if you were wrongly banned talk to support 

3 hours ago, Harper said:

Thing about bows, the hitboxes are actually really messed up with the arrow projectile. So its just hitting a massive hitbox. Thats about it, I'm guessing it was Daikyu huh?

non hit scan weapons are wonky with bows that punch though on a full charge shot can get people if they have um i think its night stalker or what ever the aiming reveals people for a few seconds mod or any amount of enemy radar was the person playing ivara then they could have been controlling the arrow with navigator 

Edited by seprent

1 hour ago, Skoll- said:

That's not what it means. What it does mean however, is that if you have cheatengine running while playing Warframe, you will have your account banned. Whether you planned to cheat or not, since anti-cheat software of course can't read your mind.

On 2018-12-02 at 12:59 AM, Skoll- said:

It matters because the Warframe anti-cheat doesn't chare *how* you plan to use CheatEngine.  If it detects it running, it bans the account.  Personally I don't care what you do with it.  I'm not in a position to do anything about it.