Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we need Mandachord 2.0?

Gentleman_Bird

I like the Mandachord, but it can be really limiting. Here are some things that should be added:

- Allow us to hold a note for multiple beats

- Allow us to play shortened (staccado) notes

- Add different scales

- More instruments are always a plus. Also, allow us to demo new instruments before we buy them.

It's not those programs no.. in the same way that its not the witcher but they keep making bigger "open worlds" anyway, or its not tekken but we have a fighting game, or DDR but we're required to bounce to a song. Game is what they want it to be. Personally id love a better music system since hearing the same 10s of a song on loop gets irritating and i turn the music off after one match of having it on

Also still needa add the Dating sim genre too game DE, you have everything else

6 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

It's not those programs no.. in the same way that its not the witcher but they keep making bigger "open worlds" anyway, or its not tekken but we have a fighting game, or DDR but we're required to bounce to a song. Game is what they want it to be. Personally id love a better music system since hearing the same 10s of a song on loop gets irritating and i turn the music off after one match of having it on

Also still needa add the Dating sim genre too game DE, you have everything else

that makes absolutely no sense. warframe is described as a horde loot shooter which is not DDR, sound cloud, FL studio or any fighting game. its pretty clear. you dont do actions to a song you do actions to a beat.

33 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this isnt soundcloud or FL Studio. we have a very basic mixer that fits her kit based on actions that need to be done. the mandricord is not some alternative to BGM

It doesn't have to be a complete DAW to be good. Why does wanting a better Mandachord have to mean it's suddenly FL Studio? That's silly.

There is absolutely plenty of room for the Mandachord to be better.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

that makes absolutely no sense. warframe is described as a horde loot shooter which is not DDR, sound cloud, FL studio or any fighting game. its pretty clear. you dont do actions to a song you do actions to a beat.

Since you're in an octavia thread, hows bout you go try her? Her 3 doesn't work off a beat. It works off the melody of your mandachord song. You also aren't locked into a "beat" so unless you just stuff things any old place.. you'll be using a song. 

It's described as a horde loot shooter? Have fun with that... It's also got fishing, mining, open worlds, hack and slash, scanning, hack puzzles, minigames, archwing, animal conservation, kdriving, ..... need I continue? It fits into more than just that narrow vision you seem to have for it. And none of the things I listed are loot shooter based

3 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Since you're in an octavia thread, hows bout you go try her? Her 3 doesn't work off a beat. It works off the melody of your mandachord song. You also aren't locked into a "beat" so unless you just stuff things any old place.. you'll be using a song. 

It's described as a horde loot shooter? Have fun with that... It's also got fishing, mining, open worlds, hack and slash, scanning, hack puzzles, minigames, archwing, animal conservation, kdriving, ..... need I continue? It fits into more than just that narrow vision you seem to have for it. And none of the things I listed are loot shooter based

next time dont make assumptions about what people play

Warframe0075.jpg

13 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

that makes absolutely no sense. warframe is described as a horde loot shooter which is not DDR, sound cloud, FL studio or any fighting game.

It has open world levels. It has fishing. It has mining. It has rep systems and crafting and player housing and is soon to have ship-to-ship combat. None of those things are described as a horde loot shooter, are they? Because Warframe is a game about experimenting, breaking boundaries are trying new things, and the Mandachord was originally intended to be just that.

15 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

its pretty clear. you dont do actions to a song you do actions to a beat.

If that's the logic we're going with, why even allow people to make music with it at all? Why not just have a set of monotone noises that you can set a rhythm to? I'll tell you why; because literally the whole point of the Mandachord was to have a Warframe that makes music, and to have that music tie in with gameplay. If they were going for something as boring as just doing actions to a beat then it wouldn't have different notes at all, it wouldn't have had a quest entirely focused around music, it wouldn't have different instrument packs etc.

I do not accept your fallacies. That sort of thinking only limits a game's potential for improvement.

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It has open world levels. It has fishing. It has mining. It has rep systems and crafting and player housing and is soon to have ship-to-ship combat. None of those things are described as a horde loot shooter, are they? Because Warframe is a game about experimenting, breaking boundaries are trying new things, and the Mandachord was originally intended to be just that.

If that's the logic we're going with, why even allow people to make music with it at all? Why not just have a set of monotone noises that you can set a rhythm to? I'll tell you why; because literally the whole point of the Mandachord was to have a Warframe that makes music, and to have that music tie in with gameplay. If they were going for something as boring as just doing actions to a beat then it wouldn't have different notes at all, it wouldn't have had a quest entirely focused around music, it wouldn't have different instrument packs etc.

I do not accept your fallacies. That sort of thinking only limits a game's potential for improvement.

in both of those open spaces, you shoot enemy hordes and loot items. just because the map is bigger doesnt mean the things you do arent the same.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

On 2018-12-03 at 10:45 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

this isnt soundcloud or FL Studio. we have a very basic mixer that fits her kit based on actions that need to be done. the mandricord is not some alternative to BGM

I'm not saying we should be able to create full songs with the thing, but that doesn't mean what we have can't be improved.

3 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

I'm not saying we should be able to create full songs with the thing, but that doesn't mean what we have can't be improved.

The engine does have it's limits, similar to Arcwing and how the levels were Drastically too large for normal frame size so they downscaled the players to make the original maps happen. Titania honestly was the by product of it.

Maybe the Engine can handle it now, maybe not... They may come around to look into changing Octavia but she works fine for now. Granted i do despise the Meta songs that are just spamming noise, kinda wish that actual songs would matter and not the BPM's on the thing.

hell, that community page with over what 10,000 songs if not more and growing has a lot to it but again the limitations of the engine. (and He got a vinyl officially signed by the whole DE team too for his hard work).