Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Un-Squishy any Framev

cheliel

16 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

ESOs, the same thing happens. People with their fancy dancy weapons and those copy and paste Warframe builder loadouts, like BOTS, come in with the same specs -- then pull out by wave 8. Leaving me to SOLO it myself.

Since this thread is for leet protips> expect pubs to drop out at wave 8 ESO 99% of the time. just be surprised the group even went wave 8 in the first place, take your rot C reward and bail

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

What does world of trashcraft have to do with anything?

Maybe use actual arguments next time?

Has everything to do with the Elitist Jerks and their "metas" of "My way or the highway", because they don't tell you the full story. There's a lot of conditionals here.

And it's in all games. Warframe has what 100,000 players that are active. WoW has millions across all these countries. It's the 800lb gorilla in the room that can't be ignored. If DE has a design problem, it doesn't get mentioned in the media. WoW has a problem like BfA's design, just setup a Google alert, and see just how much the media writes about it.

Nothing special here. What's been said has been said in countless game forums, on the exact topic. Only the terms are changed for each game.

44 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

Ignore misquote from phone and hard to delete

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

You shouldn’t cherry pick the comment, mods like Primed Fury/Fury/Gladiator Vice affect the speed of Finisher animations. Same for negative attack speed on melee Rivens. 

You shouldn't spread misinformation.

Weapon base attack speed does not matter.

Finisher speed is only affected by 3 things

1. Weapon type

2. Front or back finisher animation

3. Attack speed mods up to a cap of 50% total for 33% faster finisher animation. Berserker is excluded.

Forcing finishers through melee stances also has a noticeable attack speed cap.

So much for understanding core mechanics of melee.

Lol

Edited by lolmetimbers

55 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Has everything to do with the Elitist Jerks and their "metas" of "My way or the highway", because they don't tell you the full story. There's a lot of conditionals here.

And it's in all games. Warframe has what 100,000 players that are active. WoW has millions across all these countries. It's the 800lb gorilla in the room that can't be ignored. If DE has a design problem, it doesn't get mentioned in the media. WoW has a problem like BfA's design, just setup a Google alert, and see just how much the media writes about it.

Nothing special here. What's been said has been said in countless game forums, on the exact topic. Only the terms are changed for each game.

If someone like OP makes a thread based on supposedly giving advice, that advice SHOULD be useful.

People criticise this thread because it's wrong. It's advice is bad. No elitism here. If a build is bad, it's bad, and it shouldn't be advised to others.

You're not making any sense by getting upset that people don't want newbies to get false information. Because that's what this thread does, it gives wrong information to people who don't know better. If you want newbies to be trolled, then you can continue to support the OP, however, if you are reasonable, then you should show others that OP is wrong. Simple as that.

54 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

People aren't saying "my way or the highway" just that certain strategies are ineffective and not worth using since far better methods exist. It's not elitist to say that certain things are inferior, that's just the nature of most games that certain things are objectively worse than others.

Your name fits very well, friend.

1 hour ago, lolmetimbers said:

1. Weapon type

3. Attack speed mods up to a cap of 50% total for 33% faster finisher animation. Berserker is excluded.

Lol

You should read my sentence a little more clearly.

I mentioned that Finisher animation duration is on the basis of the weapon’s base attack speed not boosted by Berserker. It’s also inclusive of Weapon Attack Speed mods like Fury/Primed Fury/Gladiator Vice/Quickening do influence that statistic as having an affect for Finisher animations.

And again, like I said before and what you quoted up to my post, you are clearly cherrypicking.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Also, performing Finishers gives you invincibility frames to boost your survivability. I usually go high Attack Speed to get more Finishers done out of the way to boost kps, but the duration of the Finisher animation is on the basis of the weapon’s base attack speed not boosted by Berserker since Berserker counts as a separate melee attack speed modifier.

There are plenty of frames that can force enemies to be susceptible to Finishers. Excalibur and Inaros are the obvious contenders that do this just fine, but I like rocking a Savage Silence Banshee with the Resonance Sonar built in as well to boost my burst dps as well as zone-CQCing enemies in and out of my range to perform finishers or go for the quick kill on a primary/secondary/melee strike before poking out again. Also, stances like Crimson Dervish or Stinging Thorn can exploit enemies to be open to Finishers, same with the Zakti.

But as I mentioned before, as long as you’re applying the stat-procs and stacking them, Condition Overload does the job just fine.

1 hour ago, lolmetimbers said:

Ignore misquote from phone and hard to delete

1. Weapon type

Lol

Mr. Stark, I don't read so good.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

You should read my sentence a little more clearly.

I mentioned that Finisher animation duration is on the basis of the weapon’s base attack speed not boosted by Berserker. It’s also inclusive of Weapon Attack Speed mods like Fury/Primed Fury/Gladiator Vice/Quickening do influence that statistic as having an affect for Finisher animations.

And again, like I said before and what you quoted up to my post, you are clearly cherrypicking.

It is clear as day.

'basis of the weapon’s base attack speed not boosted by Berserker.' - this part can strongly infer that weapon base attack speed matters, which is a very commonly widespread myth.

That's the problem. If you really knew that 'weapon base attack speed' doesn't matter, it is better phrased as, 'finisher animation duration is affected by attack speed mods but not affected by additional attack speed granted by berserker as it counts as a separate modifier' or as the wiki says, 'Berserker and the weapon's base attack speed do not affect animation speed'

A 'weapon's base attack speed' should then logically only mean one thing; the default attack speed on a weapon, unaffected by any modifiers. As a result, your statement becomes either completely wrong or very misleading. If you meant final/effective/modified weapon attack speed then the word 'base' should be left out completely to prevent any association to this prominent community definition. More finisher information and correct usage of these terms here 1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Additionally, 'high attack speed to get more Finishers done out of the way to boost kps' can also be misleading when all you need is +50% attack speed (from rank 9 Primed Fury) to achieve the fastest possible finisher animation. Stacking more is definitely useful if you want to force finishers via stances but it is questionable if you were referring to this or just thought that stacking even more attack speed further sped up animation speed.

You should write your sentences a little more clearly.

Cherries seem ripe today

Edited by lolmetimbers