Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rise of Anthem:- Warframe Overhaul?

(PSN)kfrancis902

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

you also got to take into consideration warframe has been running along time so there alot more content there than just fortuna 2.0 yeah anthem will give vet players a viable option to go to while wait for more content though.  When anthem gets 5-6 years old i think we will find update sizes will be about the same as what we are seeing here

I'm just saying, that I test warframe in its first year and it does not call my attention, I had to spend several years to like it, compared to how fluent I liked it the first time so much that I want to go back and not would pay for DLC, in short those who use platinum have a high cost of consumption in warframe.

As a consumer I am opting for more direct consumption options. Since what we getting here anyway new frames every 3 month?

Edited by xcenic
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

they have already stated they have 10 years of development plans

At this point I don't believe a single thing EA says.

6 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

I'm willing to bet Anthem won't be actively developed for longer than 3 years. And even that is an optimistic estimate. Sequels are more profitable than adding into an existing game, and EA just loves to milk the hell out of every successful IP they own.

I'm fine with 3 years. I don't think I would want to play any game for more than 3 years anyways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

it was bioware not ea saying it 

No sir, it was the VP from EA.

Talking on the Xbox Daily Show during E3, EA vice president Patrick Soderlund said (from 1:41:30 onwards): "[Anthem is] a social game where you and your friends go out on quests and journeys. It's a game that we've been working on for almost four years now. And it's a game that - once we launch it next year - will be the start of maybe a 10-year journey for us."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-20-anthem-coincidentally-the-start-of-a-10-year-journey-for-ea-and-bioware

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

I'm fine with 3 years. I don't think I would want to play any game for more than 3 years anyways. 

Nothing wrong with that approach as long as they don't go the Destiny route.

Just now, --Q--Stryker said:

No sir, it was the VP from EA.

Talking on the Xbox Daily Show during E3, EA vice president Patrick Soderlund said (from 1:41:30 onwards): "[Anthem is] a social game where you and your friends go out on quests and journeys. It's a game that we've been working on for almost four years now. And it's a game that - once we launch it next year - will be the start of maybe a 10-year journey for us."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-20-anthem-coincidentally-the-start-of-a-10-year-journey-for-ea-and-bioware

he may of been repeating it then cause he wasnt the first to say it

I honestly think WF has nothing to worry about because it's EA we're talking about. It will be full priced AAA game with p2w microtransactions, I guarantee it. And most likely no one will see player milking microtransactions until the game is fully released (I doubt they will show them in alpha tests and closed betas looking at current EA state and how big chunk of gamers don't like and don't trust them). 

Rule of the thumb in gaming: do not ever, ever, ever pre-order games.

I will not even try Anthem even if begining will be nice and not p2w because somewhere on the line they will make p2w and they will make it cashgrab. EA is all about money and they don't care about players at all.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

they have already stated they have 10 years of development plans

The same was said for Destiny, and their contract seemingly includes 4 separate games over that period.10 years of a title does not equate to 10 years spent on a single game in modern AAA gaming. Even if they actually meant it that way, it's hard to trust both the actual intentions as well as avoiding serious meddling with EA involved.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TinFoilMkIV said:

The same was said for Destiny, and their contract seemingly includes 4 separate games over that period.10 years of a title does not equate to 10 years spent on a single game in modern AAA gaming. Even if they actually meant it that way, it's hard to trust both the actual intentions as well as avoiding serious meddling with EA involved.

ea has caught too much flack for lootboxes lately they going to be busy running damage control and trying to salvage thier fifa games to worry about an unproven title

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016

1 minute ago, TinFoilMkIV said:

This is correct Destiny was a 10 year project, turns out it meant 3 games.

1 hour ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:
1 hour ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

Anthem

enemy scaling

Thinking that enemy scaling is good in 2018 🤣

Anyway I know exactly what will happen with Anthem, and it looks like you don't understand what "this is EA" means.

Star Wars: The Old Republic. Good game. Had potential. Needed a lot of work. Did not meet EA's expectations . In maintenance mode after a year (or two) since release.

Dead Space. Mass Effect. Great games. Killed by EA's greed. They want ALL THE MONEY. Game is good but needs work? Not Fortnite? Maintenance mode. And it has nothing to do with Warframe at all.

All the big companies do the same nowadays.

Edited by Viges

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

ea has caught too much flack for lootboxes lately they going to be busy running damage control and trying to salvage thier fifa games to worry about an unproven title

For the moment maybe. If Anthem picks up I seriously doubt it will stay that way for long. Don't forget, if it doesn't utterly fail, they do plan to keep it around. I have a hard time stopping myself from feeling like it's merely a matter of time before EA does their thing to it.