Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regulators Prime WEAKER than their standard counterpart

-KK-Rossy

I just finished Forma'ing and doing all the fancy things up my Regulators Prime and noticed that, confusingly, the Primed Version seems weaker. Same build same everything really, but lower base damage numbers. can someone point out my error or tell me if i missed something? very tired right now so probably did miss something. Also my bad if this has already come up somewhere, i couldn't find it when i looked.

Primed Version Left. (obviously seeing thats what this post is about)
Regulators_P_right_normal_left.png

9 hours ago, Aisu9 said:

power strengh ?

8 hours ago, -KK-Rossy said:

That would likely be the issue completely forgot that gets factored in. Thanks

3 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

actually looking at the stats they are indeed weaker... How are primed regulators going to be weaker then the normal ones! DE fix this now and make them stronger then the normal ones!

Okay so just tested the power strength factor can confirm that was my mistake, however the Stats are exactly the same, I can live with that, but it would've been nice to see maybe a small buff to them, to set them apart from the normal ones a bit better.

4 minutes ago, -KK-Rossy said:

Okay so just tested the power strength factor can confirm that was my mistake, however the Stats are exactly the same, I can live with that, but it would've been nice to see maybe a small buff to them, to set them apart from the normal ones a bit better.

Yeah I noticed that as well and while i'm not as triggered something that is prime should have some sort of buff either way. So I agree with you on that part.

So i tested normal regulators and regulator prime, mesa prime has 15% more powerstrength than my regular mesa, and both regulators got the same mods. Using 2 arcane velocity on both. But the prime regulators take longer to kill a nox eximus than the normal ones. Stats are exactly the same on both regulators so what gives?

On 2018-12-20 at 12:08 AM, -KK-Rossy said:

Giving Regulators Prime a buff would have spat in the face of Exalted Blade and Valkyr Talons, which didn't receive a buff for their prime/umbra versions.

On 2018-12-20 at 6:18 AM, (XB1)Zweimander said:

something that is prime should have some sort of buff either way

I disagree strongly, give Prime Frames better survival stats or whatever, sure,
but ability-wise, Primes should be the exact same as regular Frames.

(And seriously, buffing Peacemaker. Come on now.)

• Like 1

On 2018-12-20 at 12:08 AM, -KK-Rossy said:

They are abilities. Abilities don't get buffs from their base varients. Only thing that changes in primed warframes are looks and base stats. 

Compared the two yesterday again, on lvl 15 and 20 nox eximus without any mods on the frame and regulators this time, and the prime version indeed takes longer to kill. Dunno if the problem is on my end so if anyone could doublecheck that would be nice. For reference i removed all mods from mesa (prime) and her regulators (prime) and didnt use any arcana.

I  don't think Peacemaker or any exalted weapon--or any ability--needs to be stronger on the prime version.  I don't recall people being worried about this with Valkyr or Excalibur--probably because their primes were around before the exalted conversion to moddable weapons earlier this year.  But if it's too confusing for people going forward, just take "prime" out of exalted weapon names and I think the  fluster will largely disappear.

Obviously, if there's something making Peacemaker - worse - on Mesa Prime than Mesa, that needs to get fixed.

4 hours ago, LethUlgu said:

Compared the two yesterday again, on lvl 15 and 20 nox eximus without any mods on the frame and regulators this time, and the prime version indeed takes longer to kill. Dunno if the problem is on my end so if anyone could doublecheck that would be nice. For reference i removed all mods from mesa (prime) and her regulators (prime) and didnt use any arcana.

What were the times, exactly?

I'd  recommend trying it on higher level enemies and more than one pass  to take some of the variance out.  I don't have Mesa Prime yet, or I'd be interested to try it myself.

Tried on Arson and Arctic Eximus LVL 115 again. Both regulators used the same loadout: Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit, Convulsion and Heated Charge. None of them prime mods. I used 2 Arcane Velocity on both. Normal Mesa has 185% Power Strength, Mesa Prime has 200% Power Strength. Didn't use Shooting Gallery or any buffs, only the Peacemaker ability.

Normal Mesa takes around 20 seconds to kill the Nox.

Mesa Prime takes around 26 seconds to kill the Nox.

I killed several Nox per Mesa to doublecheck. Just by pure numbers Mesa Prime should have a sligh advantage, but instead she is behind in DPS by a large margin.

Edited by LethUlgu

15 minutes ago, LethUlgu said:

Tried on Arson and Arctic Eximus LVL 115 again. Both regulators used the same loadout: Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit, Convulsion and Heated Charge. None of them prime mods. I used 2 Arcane Velocity on both. Normal Mesa has 185% Power Strength, Mesa Prime has 200% Power Strength. Didn't use Shooting Gallery or any buffs, only the Peacemaker ability.

I killed several Nox per Mesa to doublecheck. Just by pure numbers Mesa Prime should have a sligh advantage, but instead she is behind in DPS by a large margin.

I´d suggest you do your tests without any arcanes. It´s one less variant to worry about.

28 minutes ago, LethUlgu said:

I actually do feel as if the Prime Regulators shoot just a tiny bit slower than the non-Primed Regulators. Either the ramp up time is slower or the rate of fire at max is slower. Testing both Mesas and both Regulators with exact stats in the Simulacrum and the Prime version always end up using significantly more energy/time to kill the same amount of enemies.

Edited by RoachySoap