Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Untying gameplay mechanics and cosmetics

SharkSashimi

So since gameplay mechanics and cosmetics have mostly been separated from each other, with arcanes, arcane helmets and all that. How about those syndicate sigils?

Can't we just have a "support this syndicate" button in the appropriate terminal instead of using sigils? I'd very much like to have non-syndicate back AND front sigil while still earning standing. Would make it easier to swap syndicates too. No more "Dang I have the wrong sigil on this frame"

• Like 5

Yeah I'd love to just have an Arsenal/Syndicate terminal menu to select who I want to support rather than based on worn sigil. Sometimes I'd rather go with no sigil, so I make it invisible sometimes which makes it even easier to mistakenly support the wrong syndicate.

• Like 1

Oh, God, please make it so! I absolutely HATE the giant ugly Syndicate sigil on my back. No matter how transparent or dark or small I make it, it still stands out like a sore thumb, even through the giant sword I carry to try and conceal it. Can we please have a non-cosmetic option by which to pledge loyalty to a specific Syndicate without having to physically wear their sigil on our person? Bonus points if it persists when switching Warframes and loadouts.

• Like 1

I could see choosing whatever Syndicate sigil you want and getting the highest percentage you've unlocked, but thematically, it makes no sense for you to not have a Syndicate's sigil on and get standing for it.

Lore-wise, you are being seen doing damage to the Corpus, the Grineer, whatever enemies and you are wearing X Syndicate's sigil and therefore seen as a supporter of that Syndicate. Allies of that Syndicate are pleased, enemies are not so pleased.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

I could see choosing whatever Syndicate sigil you want and getting the highest percentage you've unlocked, but thematically, it makes no sense for you to not have a Syndicate's sigil on and get standing for it.

Lore-wise, you are being seen doing damage to the Corpus, the Grineer, whatever enemies and you are wearing X Syndicate's sigil and therefore seen as a supporter of that Syndicate. Allies of that Syndicate are pleased, enemies are not so pleased.

TBF I'm sure Ordis has a giant can of spray paint he could use to throw the sigil on the side of the ship or base you're invading.

The whole sigil mechanic, at least in canon, also kind of goes out the window if you were ever to run complete stealth: you get standing for it, despite...nobody seeing you. Or the sigil on your back. The one probably hidden by that brilliant syndana you put on specifically to hide it. Nani?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Or we could not be anti to everything. It's getting old putting a garbage sigil behind your syandana with everything set to low and black energy for 3 years for reputation. You don't have to wear conclave sigils in conclave matches to get reputation there, so why do these have to exist like this?

Lore and theme are terrible excuses for clunky mechanics.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

There are a plethora of different ways you can explain this, the simplest of which being overtly crediting our Syndicate for our actions. I consider this a minor enough lore issue that it doesn't need to have a tangible presence in the game. After all, I can still take on the Glast Gambit Quest even though the Perrin Sequence absolutely hate me and keep sending kill squads after me. If Ergo Glast considers me such a write-off, why does he trust me with his holdings against Nef Anyo on the Index?

Make a simple Syndicate Registry available through the Syndicate console, and let us gain reputation for whichever Syndicate we're currently registered with regardless of what sigil we happen to be wearing.

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

There are a plethora of different ways you can explain this, the simplest of which being overtly crediting our Syndicate for our actions. I consider this a minor enough lore issue that it doesn't need to have a tangible presence in the game. After all, I can still take on the Glast Gambit Quest even though the Perrin Sequence absolutely hate me and keep sending kill squads after me. If Ergo Glast considers me such a write-off, why does he trust me with his holdings against Nef Anyo on the Index?

Make a simple Syndicate Registry available through the Syndicate console, and let us gain reputation for whichever Syndicate we're currently registered with regardless of what sigil we happen to be wearing.

On top of that characters ALREADY recognise who we are regardless of our markings and customisations. Our warframes obviously have some form of identity indicator that syndicate could be put into, how else do the assassins to come after me after I change frame customisation or even change frame completely? How does Eudico know to greet me as a friend in my brand new frame? (besides the obvious programming and gameplay reasons)

And hey the sigils can still have a use, just gotta keep the standing bonus from wearing them for people that want to.

1 hour ago, Terkup said:

And hey the sigils can still have a use, just gotta keep the standing bonus from wearing them for people that want to.

That's a fair point. I'm fine with sigils overriding our non-cosmetic Syndicate Allegiance choice for those who like the existing mechanic. I just want to have the choice to use the Syndicate system without having to contend with the giant ugly Syndicate symbol on my back.

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I don't think that's a thing.   First, invis frames are a thing.  Second, nothing lives to tell the tale in most missions I run, including cameras... plus, space magic is a thing.  Let's not forget this is a video game.

Consider the kaela puzzle, from a defense, aesthetic and any other reasonable metric this puzzle makes no sense... it only has one relevant context where it makes sense... a video game.

This is still a video game.  While immersion matters, it only matters to a point.

Plus if immersion really mattered we would get some good dialing and voice acting.  The current game in 99% awful in this department and pulls you out of any possible immersion unless you turn it all off and even then it still sneaks in against your will.

12 hours ago, Terkup said:

So since gameplay mechanics and cosmetics have mostly been separated from each other, with arcanes, arcane helmets and all that. How about those syndicate sigils?

Can't we just have a "support this syndicate" button in the appropriate terminal instead of using sigils? I'd very much like to have non-syndicate back AND front sigil while still earning standing. Would make it easier to swap syndicates too. No more "Dang I have the wrong sigil on this frame"

I am all for this.  Would make life so much easier than swapping every time I switch syndicate missions if it was tied to the syndicate kiosk on the ship.

How would it work without the symbols? 2 words, Space Twitter. Our WF basically shoots up a Grineer ship, then takes a selfie with a dead bombard with the text #RedVeil or #CephalonSuda.

Given the complexity of space age society, we can probs assume this exists, and governments as evil as the Grineer/corpus probably monitor them, as do the syndicates. 

Definitely yes. I had made a similar thread earlier coz I thought too it has to happen.

With some new whole body sigil e.g. Bloodshed sigil we need more sigil slots now than ever. Instead of making new slots it's better just decouple syndicate sigil and standing coz most of them don't even fit our cosmetic needs.

22 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Does it make sense? Like if I wearing a T-shirt with your photo on it when I murder some people then it means I support you? Does it make sense?

If you want to show your support you can do some actually meaningful thing for them like completing a job or solving one of their troubles. Right. Like syndicate missions. But the sigil thing just doesn't make sense in the first place so it can as well just disappear and no one will care.

Edited by Marvelous_A

I support this idea,  the perrin max rank sigal is animated and cant be made invisible (still kinda visible and the energy still wavers across it). Its a real killer when nothing else in that general area on most frames is glowy or animated.

But hey its still better than new loka's giiiiant tree shape thing that even on smallest settings still looks like its too big for most frames.  

To be honest though..  Id much prefer the first syndicate sigals you get since its literally the symbols they paint over their stuff.  They dont have any npcs etc with any of the others so itd be cool to rep for them with the symbols they actually use

8 hours ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

How would it work without the symbols? 2 words, Space Twitter. Our WF basically shoots up a Grineer ship, then takes a selfie with a dead bombard with the text #RedVeil or #CephalonSuda.

Given the complexity of space age society, we can probs assume this exists, and governments as evil as the Grineer/corpus probably monitor them, as do the syndicates. 

All I can see now is Excal trudging toward the extractor in the end-of-level cutscene and just before he steps into the receptacle, he turns around, flashes a peace sign, and takes a selfie.

Why have you done this.

26 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

All I can see now is Excal trudging toward the extractor in the end-of-level cutscene and just before he steps into the receptacle, he turns around, flashes a peace sign, and takes a selfie.

Why have you done this.

😂😂😂

This needs to happen now. A WF integrated social media system for peeps to share captura and fashion frame. 

Actually, it would probably devolve into another region chat.