Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I can’t help but notice a strong Deadspace influence in some of the new Operator fashion stuffs

Legion-Shields

Dead space has very close doom influences and welder influences, it’s hard not to see similarities in anything these days but it doesn’t always mean it’s there. The new gear is all influenced by the theme of Solaris United workers and wear they would be equipped with to do their jobs IE heaving lifting and welding repair work, the tone is appropriate in these garments. Just as the Cetus operator gear is influenced by the people of cetus.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Operator Armor: I know right!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Death animations...

Hmm....I think only the Infested, Raknoids, Sentients, & Stalker could kill players that way.

I could see Corpus and Grineer having lots of opportunities for death animations. Robots with lots of sharp things and crazy melee psychopath cyborgs. Sounds about right to me.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Dead space has very close doom influences and welder influences, it’s hard not to see similarities in anything these days but it doesn’t always mean it’s there. The new gear is all influenced by the theme of Solaris United workers and wear they would be equipped with to do their jobs IE heaving lifting and welding repair work, the tone is appropriate in these garments. Just as the Cetus operator gear is influenced by the people of cetus.

True but it still makes a good excuse.

iMO they should rework the appearance of the Infested units to be a bit more like the Necromorphs. Infested just aren't scary, but Necromorphs. only played a small fragment of Dead Space (the first one) and was in awe. THAT's how nasty space creatures should be done!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

iMO they should rework the appearance of the Infested units to be a bit more like the Necromorphs. Infested just aren't scary, but Necromorphs. only played a small fragment of Dead Space (the first one) and was in awe. THAT's how nasty space creatures should be done!

I played all 3, & I highly agree that new or rework of their old designs is more than welcome

8 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

I don’t understand the point of killing respected studios that make popular games. How does that make EA more money?

I guess it was part of a cost cutting operation, but it's a very lousy thing to do absolutely.

EA is all about selling gambling lootboxes these days - the majority of their revenue comes from a single game - FIFA Ultimate team.

It literally makes them billions and Visceral Games studio was working on a new Star Wars single player game that was made by the creator of the extremely successful uncharted series. 

Unfortunately it didn't have any gambling lootboxes in it - so it would only make a modest amount of money compared to FIFA Ultimate team, so they just killed the studio instead.

Fun fact - Governments are now calling lootboxes for gambling and since EA is putting them in FIFA Ultimate Team rated PEGI 3 - they are selling it to kids and that's also very illegal. So EA will be forced to remove it's lootboxes from it's games or face big fines or prison sentences.

EA stock has lost close to 50% of its value in the last half year.

Karma is a b....

Edited by Shadow-Spawn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I guess it was part of a cost cutting operation, but it's a very lousy thing to do absolutely.

EA is all about selling gambling lootboxes these days - the majority of their revenue comes from a single game - FIFA Ultimate team.

It literally makes them billions and Visceral Games studio was working on a new Star Wars single player game that was made by the creator of the extremely successful uncharted series. 

Unfortunately it didn't have any gambling lootboxes in it - so it would only make a modest amount of money compared to FIFA Ultimate team, so they just killed the studio instead.

Fun fact - Governments are now calling lootboxes for gambling and since EA is putting them in FIFA Ultimate Team rated PEGI 3 - they are selling it to kids and that's also very illegal. So EA will be forced to remove it's lootboxes from it's games or face big fines or prison sentences.

EA stock has lost close to 50% of its value in the last half year.

Karma is a b....

Nice, thank you for this. Very good news ^^

• Like 1