Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hind Wraith / Prime

Firesean

On 2019-01-10 at 11:08 AM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Hind Prime is impossible. 

You say this, but people once said Nova Prime is impossible, Valkyr Prime is impossible, Helios Prime is impossible, etc...

DE can do whatever they want, it's their game. They break continuity on their own lore all the time. Latron has both a Prime and Wraith variant. The easy workaround would be that the Grineer reverse-engineered Hind from Hind Prime before the Tenno could.

That said, the ol' baguette could use some love, but then lots of weapons could. Kraken, Grinlok, Sobek... Hell, even Brakk. Detron got a souped-up version.

When you think about it, isn't Seer technically a Grineer weapon with Orokin enhancements? Why can't Grineer prime weapons follow that trend? You can have Grineer Prime weapons by having them become heavily modified and augmented with Void energy/Orokin technology, but still have the same appearance as the original weapon.. 

Now the Hind? There are probably other Grineer weapons that are more deserving of an upgrade, because that one definitely seems like a Wraith pick to me. 

1 hour ago, Seele said:

Nova Prime is impossible, Valkyr Prime

Both are Tenno, obviously they can be Prime. Anyone that stated otherwise clearly doesn't know about the game.

1 hour ago, Seele said:

Helios Prime

The Corpus version of Helios is simply an attempt to reverse engineer Helios Prime.

1 hour ago, Seele said:

The easy workaround would be that the Grineer reverse-engineered Hind from Hind Prime before the Tenno could.

No. Unlike the Corpus, the Grineer are not descendants of the Orokin. They were lowly workers. Their weapons and weapon designs are not as intricate, nor as advanced as Orokin or Corpus weaponry 

51 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

When you think about it, isn't Seer technically a Grineer weapon with Orokin enhancements? Why can't Grineer prime weapons follow that trend? You can have Grineer Prime weapons by having them become heavily modified and augmented with Void energy/Orokin technology, but still have the same appearance as the original weapon.. 

Now the Hind? There are probably other Grineer weapons that are more deserving of an upgrade, because that one definitely seems like a Wraith pick to me. 

They're hybrid weapons, not Prime. Not the same thing. They can never be called Prime because they are not made entirely out of Orokin technology. They're simply Grineer firearms augmented with pieces of Orokin tech.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

They're hybrid weapons, not Prime. Not the same thing. They can never be called Prime because they are not made entirely out of Orokin technology. They're simply Grineer firearms augmented with pieces of Orokin tech.

In that case you could call them "Corrupted" weapons, similar to how Vor became so. "Primed" wouldn't exactly sound correct and is already taken by the mods that use that title. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-11 at 2:05 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Both are Tenno, obviously they can be Prime. Anyone that stated otherwise clearly doesn't know about the game.

The Corpus version of Helios is simply an attempt to reverse engineer Helios Prime.

No. Unlike the Corpus, the Grineer are not descendants of the Orokin. They were lowly workers. Their weapons and weapon designs are not as intricate, nor as advanced as Orokin or Corpus weaponry 

Originally, Nova was designed by the Tenno Council, not reverse-engineered from a Prime Warframe. Valkyr did not exist until the Corpus attempted to convert a Gersemi Warframe into Zanuka. So, the Prime version should have been Gersemi Prime.

Your rationale for the existence of a Helios Prime is identical to mine for a Prime version of any Grineer weapon. That is to say, DE holds the reins and can rewrite their continuity however they want. They can provide any reason (or even choose not to) for anything they add to the game.

Please do not accuse me of not knowing the game I've been playing since 2012.

2 hours ago, Seele said:

Originally, Nova was designed by the Tenno Council, not reverse-engineered from a Prime Warframe. Valkyr did not exist until the Corpus attempted to convert a Gersemi Warframe into Zanuka. So, the Prime version should have been Gersemi Prime.

Your rationale for the existence of a Helios Prime is identical to mine for a Prime version of any Grineer weapon. That is to say, DE holds the reins and can rewrite their continuity however they want. They can provide any reason (or even choose not to) for anything they add to the game.

Please do not accuse me of not knowing the game I've been playing since 2012.

And who's to say that Tenno Council was not from the Orokin era?

Prime Grineer weapons will never-ever happen. :]

8 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

And who's to say that Tenno Council was not from the Orokin era?

The Grineer were a slave class during the Orokin Era, who took advantage of The Collapse to free themselves. All of their technology is founded upon the Orokin weapons, ships, and tech they stole during their revolt. Primed Grineer weapons are entirely plausible.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Again, refer to this:

On 2019-01-11 at 12:48 PM, Seele said:

You say this, but people once said Nova Prime is impossible, Valkyr Prime is impossible, Helios Prime is impossible, etc...

DE can do whatever they want, it's their game. They break continuity on their own lore all the time.

38 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

The Grineer were a slave class during the Orokin Era, who took advantage of The Collapse to free themselves. All of their technology is founded upon the Orokin weapons, ships, and tech they stole during their revolt. Primed Grineer weapons are entirely plausible.

So cutters, saws, blowtorches, and nail guns painted gold?

Yeah I'm not sold on the idea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

So cutters, saws, blowtorches, and nail guns painted gold?

Yeah I'm not sold on the idea.

45 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

What if the Hind was based on some original Orokin-manufactured rifle? Makeshift repairs from salvaged parts, tweaks by the users, and shoddy reproduction techniques could have changed the appearance into the battle trout we see today.