Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk: Please let me punch Arbitration Shield Drones.

Wolfdoggie

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This is consistent with other exalted weapon frames. Why is Baruuk special?

He doesn't use just power so his resource is more limited than all the other exalted weapons.

I also don't even play the other ones so I wouldn't know first hand. Either way I don't like it, if a normal melee weapon can kill them why shouldn't an exalted one?

3 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

if a normal melee weapon can kill them why shouldn't an exalted one?

Good luck with this argument, hasn't worked for me so far.

But yes, Unique weapons should be able to hit the drones. There's literally no reason to play Wukong in Arbitrations as it is, not even the subjective "fun" case can be made to take him no matter how much I enjoy him, because his weapon is completely unusable despite it being worse than most other melee weapons. It's a garbage limitation.

Easy enough to balance, just have the effects of the weapon that can be considered "ability" based to have no effect, like Mesa's aimbot or Excal's/Baruuk's waves. If you manage to leap and punch the drone with Baruuk then fair play to you, that takes a hell of a lot more effort to do than to just run the Arca Plasmor or Ignis all day.

They are weapons, and should be treated as such.

• Like 3

Just now, DeMonkey said:

But yes, Unique weapons should be able to hit the drones. There's literally no reason to play Wukong in Arbitrations as it is, not even the subjective "fun" case can be made to take him no matter how much I enjoy him, because his weapon is completely unusable despite it being worse than most other melee weapons. It's a garbage limitation.

Easy enough to balance, just have the effects of the weapon that can be considered "ability" based to have no effect, like Mesa's aimbot or Excal's/Baruuk's waves. If you manage to leap and punch the drone with Baruuk then fair play to you, that takes a hell of a lot more effort to do than to just run the Arca Plasmor or Ignis all day.

off topic i want the arbitration drone as a sentinel skin 

on topic i think the only one you would have trouble with is mesa since you need to implement some method of manually aiming it to fire on the drone since her ability is shoot everything in the circle but the melee ones do make sense 

secondary thought does Titania razor wing weapons hurt the drones since you get those from a ability 

10 minutes ago, seprent said:

on topic i think the only one you would have trouble with is mesa since you need to implement some method of manually aiming it to fire on the drone

I disagree, I think Mesa is fine for Arbitrations as she is in this regard. Her weapons aren't designed for sustained usage, unlike Artemis Bow, Primal Fury etc, and her Peacemakers are literally made to appear and disappear in a quick draw fashion.

If Mesa's trying to Peacemaker a group covered by a Drone, it's really no trouble at all to drop the ability, shoot the drone and immediately recast and start firing. This can be done in about a second, and requires no change in positioning. Wukong, Excalibur, Valkyr etc have lengthy weapon swap animations, you have to reposition so that you can actually aim at the Drone (because you're in melee range trying to shoot a drone, although not with Excal granted), you lose whatever combo you've attained and your Unique weapon is (in most cases) not even the best option in this regard. Unlike Mesa, it's easier and entirely more enjoyable to simply never use your weapon in the first place and avoid the subsequent frustration, and just use a generic AoE weapon instead that doesn't require constant switching.

Edited by DeMonkey

21 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yeah I'd be fine with the waves not hitting them but I'd be nice if getting up close and personal; smacking them in the face with my fist worked. You have to hit things close up for stuff like life strike and combo meter to work so he has that same physical contact goin' on that normal melee have. Constantly reactivating his 4 takes a hefty chunk of his restraint bar which is already a frustrating mechanic at times to build up.

His spin attack has a pretty nice range uppercut for hitting flying stuff.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I disagree, I think Mesa is fine for Arbitrations as she is in this regard. Her weapons aren't designed for sustained usage, unlike Artemis Bow, Primal Fury etc, and her Peacemakers are literally made to appear and disappear in a quick draw fashion.

If Mesa's trying to Peacemaker a group covered by a Drone, it's really no trouble at all to drop the ability, shoot the drone and immediately recast and start firing. This can be done in about a second, and requires no change in positioning. Wukong, Excalibur, Valkyr etc have lengthy weapon swap animations, you have to reposition so that you can actually aim at the Drone (because you're in melee range trying to shoot a drone), you lose whatever combo you've attained and your Unique weapon is (in most cases) not even the best option in this regard. Unlike Mesa, it's easier and entirely more enjoyable to simply never use your weapon in the first place and avoid the subsequent frustration, and just use a generic AoE weapon instead that doesn't require constant switching.

ok i thought you meant some way of shooting the drone with peace makers but yeah the melee ones if you get a direct hit with the weapon it should atleast count like a normal melee weapons maybe if you choose to risk running up and hit the sodding thing since some enemies in arbitration can drop you faster then you can blink if your not careful (corpus sniper crewmen rage grows)

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I generally agree with this, the physical weapon working but not the extended effects but there is one thing that keeps me from being all in. If Wukong gets the awesome Iron Staff rework that we would all want with good range then swinging his physical weapon may be barely different than firing an Arca Plasmor. Hehe

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I generally agree with this, the physical weapon working but not the extended effects but there is one thing that keeps me from being all in. If Wukong gets the awesome Iron Staff rework that we would all want with good range then swinging his physical weapon may be barely different than firing an Arca Plasmor. Hehe

True, however if the staff retained its growing effect and simply had a much nicer base range, then the base portion of it could damage the drone but not the extended bit. Shouldn't create many issues. 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

True, however if the staff retained its growing effect and simply had a much nicer base range, then the base portion of it could damage the drone but not the extended bit. Shouldn't create many issues. 

I thought about that. That should be fine as long as the extended portion was visually distinctive so Wukong doesn't struggle to find out where he needs to be to deal damage.

I'd settle for just being able to hit anything without it flopping around the map.

DE is killing an otherwise solid frame with previously community denied Damage 3.0 changes.

No one wants a damage source to send enemies flying around the map making them harder to kill.