The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I make good focus?

Velaethia

You can put lenses on frames too.

Since you want to kill as much as possible when the focus orb is active, survival or defense are normally the best mission types (apart from the above suggestions).

Greater lenses and Eidolon lenses give more focus than normal ones.

An affinity booster doubles the focus gain.

Remember that affinity from squad mates' kills go 75% to your weapons (divided between them) and 25% to your frame, while your own kills divide affinity 50/50 between frame and killing weapon.

Personally, I use Ivara (❤️my favourite frame, yet another reason for me to love her) and a Dread, both with Greater Lenses. I then head out to Adaro, Sedna, fill up on energy with restores, hit 3, and start spamming her Sleep Arrow to keep the 500% affinity bonus up.

Boom. 30,000+ Focus a pop. Without booster.

Sanctuary Onslaught works great too, though a bit tougher. Six-figure yield on my last solo ESO run.

Edited by KnossosTNC

I do solo ESO with Khora. With the basic lens I get around 10-20k focus per zone. With a booster I get double that. The only problem with ESO is the RNG with tilesets. Some are so bad for focus. You can always get at least 10k, but sometimes it can be a drag if enemy spawns are too spread out or just nonexistent for some reason. Adaro with Equinox or Banshee(best) is more consistent and faster, but you really need the patience to learn how to farm focus there. I also just think ESO is more fun for focus farming. It's not amazing, but the fear of dying and losing some focus adds something for me.

This is an old image. Now on a good tileset like this I can get around 50-60k focus. I need to try with a better lens tho. 

M6rK7a2.png

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

1 hour ago, Sir_Carl said:

Step 1. Pick Volt

Step 2. Put lens on volt

Step 3. Join an ESO squad

Step 4. ???

Step 5. Grofit

Kidding aside, build volt with range and strength

I'm newish to this game. I don't know all the acronyms. What's ESO?

So I did onslaught and got 30k for 7 levels in normal. With regular lense on all my gear and on my frame. I did Elite and out of 3 tries the best I did was round 5 with 10k. Idk why... I think my teams sucked because I was often doing most damage and I really don't think I should be doing most damage. And I kept on dying with the focus buff and losing it. So I'd get like 1k at most cuz I died in the first few seconds. Either way getting focus way faster then I did anywhere else.

14 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

So I did onslaught and got 30k for 7 levels in normal. With regular lense on all my gear and on my frame. I did Elite and out of 3 tries the best I did was round 5 with 10k. Idk why... I think my teams sucked because I was often doing most damage and I really don't think I should be doing most damage. And I kept on dying with the focus buff and losing it. So I'd get like 1k at most cuz I died in the first few seconds. Either way getting focus way faster then I did anywhere else.

Likely because many people there are also ranking up their weapons, not to say the amount of leechers you typically can find in ESO
Highly suggest going to recruit and finding a 8 wave ESO squad, there are people looking for such squad all the time so it shouldn't take too long.

If you're really interested in Focus, nothing beats Triple Eidolon runs.

Doing casual runs with Meta teams (no randoms!) does the trick.

Myself, I wasted too much time chasing the daily focus with lenses and AoE frames, before getting into serious Eidolon hunts.

Advantages: you don't need lenses. You're not bound to daily Focus affinity when trading shards. You get much more Focus from shards. You'll get valuable Arcanes along.

A single triple Eidolon capture run nets 155,000 Focus by trading the shards alone. A decent casual team makes two or three runs a night. If you manage to get an average of 5 runs per day, you're done with the complete Focus Wheel in about 9 weeks! Less actually, if you take Focus gained with Eidolon lenses into account.

1 hour ago, DerGreif2 said:

Besides Zenurik energy dash there is not reason to use your tenno... I dont know why people would level other things besides boredom or experimentation (I dont farm arcanes btw). So dont rush it. You dont need it.

You grossly underestimate the uses of the Operator.

9 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

You grossly underestimate the uses of the Operator.

In which case you use the operator in normal missions with using other things than the dash?

Because I never missed him in about 900h. He is a side gimmick not more. Not one thing I would imagine that would make something easier with playing as Operaror and not as a warframe.

vor einer Stunde schrieb DerGreif2:

Besides Zenurik energy dash there is not reason to use your tenno... I dont know why people would level other things besides boredom or experimentation (I dont farm arcanes btw). So dont rush it. You dont need it.

I thought like you for a long time, but after Arcanes became relatively fast to acquire with Eidolons while also maxing out focus, my mind changed completely.

The Operator has become an integral part of my gameplay and I don't want to miss it anymore.

Be it the lightning fast movement with maxed out void dashes, instant rezzes and increased XP with Vazarin, badass melee scaling and kuva busting with Naramon, one-shotting Eidolons with Madurai and Uinaru or using the general purpose Zenurik energy restore. They all add up nicely and I really enjoy being able to select schools for my builds too now.

15 hours ago, Toran said:

I thought like you for a long time, but after Arcanes became relatively fast to acquire with Eidolons while also maxing out focus, my mind changed completely.

The Operator has become an integral part of my gameplay and I don't want to miss it anymore.

Be it the lightning fast movement with maxed out void dashes, instant rezzes and increased XP with Vazarin, badass melee scaling and kuva busting with Naramon, one-shotting Eidolons with Madurai and Uinaru or using the general purpose Zenurik energy restore. They all add up nicely and I really enjoy being able to select schools for my builds too now.

I dont do Eidolons because I find them boring af and also dont use arcanes.

Instant rez sound good but I never needed it untill this point.

Speed is also something that is not important for me because a lot of frames can also move fast and more than the 3 classic dashes I dont need anyway.

But thx I could now see why someone would like to level them. I still find it not important in any way. 🙂