Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Levelling amps efficiently

Endorphinz

Question

Anyone know a good way to efficiently level up amps? Good spots and methods. Also lets assume that the amp completely sucks, like the mote amp.

So far I've tried the usual Hydron. On top of pelting enemies with the squirtgun of an amp, I've also tried things like AoE warframe damage, saryn and oberon, in the hopes that the affinity will go into my amp while I'm transferred out of my warframe, which doesn't seem to be the case. 

Any help or techniques for amp affinity grinding would be appreciated.

10 answers to this question

For amps that suck, I used to run tons of spy vaults and hack the console as operator (back when I did spy vault for all my solo exp grinds) which will give your operator exp (aka amp). It's 4000 per vault for hack or 12000 for undetected hack. Alternatives I think would be get help from others and have them kill a lot while you run around as your operator so you amp can get the shared exp. I don't know how effective low level enemies give exp, but you could use Molecular Prime with high explosion damage, and kill 1 primed enemy with amp, causing a chain reaction that kills many more enemies and all that exp goes to the killing weapon (amp).

Edited by DeathshotSE
  • Like 1

Leech the affiny from others.   You need to go into Hydron or any XP farm and hang out in Operator form and just leech away.   Ask for help doing this if you dont want to be a scumbag to randoms.   

Ceres - Seimei or whatever is a pretty damn good map for xp if you have 4 people go 20 waves.  As long as you stick to just the one weapon you can almost get to level 30.   And Amps there will easily kill stuff until wave 10-20 then it will struggle.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Grab a utility build Ivara do Saturn - Telesto Exterminate. Sleep prep enemies, kill them with your amp.

You'll max it in less than one mission without boosters.

If you're using a particularly low damage Amp you can pop into Ivara during the waking period and re-sleep.

For me I would go to elite sanctuary onslaught and wait till the focus thing is gone for the wave then use operator and just go to void mode(hold Ctrl) but in order to do this you have to be a buffer cause your rhino buff has 60 sec and you can't reactivate it until the 60 sec is gone so it is golden

If you play as nuker or EV then doing this is just ... trolling? Cause you need to wait for enemy to die when you are in your operator so if you stay in operator form you can't nuke or EV and if you keep pop in and out you won't get all the exp/affinity

On 2019-01-27 at 7:57 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Take a buffer frame like Rhino/Spova to Hydron, if you get a decent team tell them you're trying to level a amp and give them buffs so you aren't dead weight to them. I personally always bring a Spova for these things

The best I've found for that matter is Banshee though. Some duration / extreme strength, throw 4 or 5 Sonars at the beginning of each phase and your Amp will one-shot everything, even S#&$ty amps