The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk's Desert Wind stats are just a copy* of Valkyr's Talons

_GoodLuck_

4 minutes ago, torint_man said:

My slash proc galatine prime killed them all in 1/4 the time (Also something like half the gunners fell off the map and since all the gunners got spread out, you ran out of restraint lol). Sure, Serene storm can get things done, but, objectively speaking, it is a suboptimal option vs armor. Against unarmored, it's fine, but when it can't kill in a couple hits, the CC works against you. The lack of combo meter makes it suboptimal as well, as unless you go out of your way to stop attacking and approach, you don't build and maintain combo. In the grand scheme of things, suboptimal is fine, except for the fact that Baruuk's entire kit is based on the restraint meter, and serene storm not holding even the slightest candle to exalted blade and even normal melee weapons is inexcusable. Fingers crossed it gets better with melee 3.0, but I have my doubts. 

Exalted blade is weaker than Serene Storm (lower attack speed, worse crit, worse slide, rest identical/its only better stats are slash weighting and blind on slide if you count that as stats). Its just that because excal has Radial Blind/Howl you get 700% damage modifier for full duration unlike with baruuk where because lull only lasts till first hit you get that 700% on only 1.

If anything baruuk needs Serene nerfed to be below the stats of Kitty Claws/the dedicated Berserker frames weapon in crit to at least 35% and slide attack to 500 while making lull EITHER give full stealth bonus to all enemies effected while the zone lingers OR making the sleep last for full duration no matter what just as ivara arrow.

Critical Damage is useless without Status Chance

*laughs*
oh wait, you're serious?

the main difference, is that Hysteria is mainly Single Target focused, Spindashes for obliterating Enemies in a small area. while Serene Storm aims more for AoE Damage(and CC ofcourse).
i certainly view Serene Storm as an inferior version of Landslide, but granted... beating Atlas would be pretty hard to do in that style of Ability.

19 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Exalted blade is weaker than Serene Storm (lower attack speed, worse crit, worse slide, rest identical/its only better stats are slash weighting and blind on slide if you count that as stats).

incorrect - Exalted Blade performs very well with both the Chromatic Blade style and the Physical style. (both with and without have excellent performance)
Exalted Blade gets to use more mechanics, and attacking slower is kind've just a joke. i may not like using Exalted Blade because it's boring, but low Damage and slow Attack Speed are certainly not applicable.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Did you even payed Baruuk? NO!

My build is created for every his skills... You will figure it out once it'll drop on your peasant console.

I can see some douches wanna make Baruuk (the pacifist frame) some Saryn/Mesa/etc. tier... IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! He is very supporting and actually quite powerful for a frame that was made to not killing... and yet he can kill almost everything on his path... why cant you understand it?

For the last time... I DON'T CARE that Excalibur or Galatine or whatever you wanna compare him can do it better and faster... according to his "nature" he shouldn't do any damage to any enemy... and I proofed that he can.

The rest of his kit is supposed to be about him not killing. But his 4 should be him finally snapping and letting loose. Heck that’s what Scott said it would be. But when you find out that his “true ultimate power that he doesn’t want to use” isn’t that effective at killing then you begin to wonder why does he have to lose restraint in order to use it?

You should care that things like Galatine and Exalted blade can outdamage it. Because these are just a normal weapon weapon and an ability that isn’t tied to a mechanic that it needs to be built up first before being used.

Also watch the disrespectful behavior over the plateforms we chose to play on.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Exalted blade is weaker than Serene Storm (lower attack speed, worse crit, worse slide, rest identical/its only better stats are slash weighting and blind on slide if you count that as stats). Its just that because excal has Radial Blind/Howl you get 700% damage modifier for full duration unlike with baruuk where because lull only lasts till first hit you get that 700% on only 1.

If anything baruuk needs Serene nerfed to be below the stats of Kitty Claws/the dedicated Berserker frames weapon in crit to at least 35% and slide attack to 500 while making lull EITHER give full stealth bonus to all enemies effected while the zone lingers OR making the sleep last for full duration no matter what just as ivara arrow.

Chromatic blade.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Not really? Chromatic blade + condition overload + getting right up in the gunners faces killed faster than the serene storm video did, no radial blind or slide blind used. The fact that Baruuk's abilities don't even work together is just sad TBH. Getting Baruuk's kill potential to the level of excalibur when he has max restraint would be ideal (i.e. Lull plus serene storm = chromatic blade + radial blind). In a vacuum, serene storm is okay, but in the context of Baruuk's kit, it just isn't at the level it should be.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Chromatic blade.

Chromatic blade increasing solo kill speed on a full build is mostly a myth tho. CB corrosive+ vs build that uses the mod slot for even just augur secrets and got buzz have the same 7-9 wave kill time. The the difference is literally just RNG between "will a wave of normal EB proccing slash or element within the first 5 hits vs for how long will CB keep proccing corrosive vs the other element" (and if you dont go corrosive, whats the point of even going CB).

Its only if someone doesnt have Condition Overload that CB outperforms the base skill.

1 minute ago, Andele3025 said:

Chromatic blade increasing solo kill speed on a full build is mostly a myth tho. CB corrosive+ vs build that uses the mod slot for even just augur secrets and got buzz have the same 7-9 wave kill time. The the difference is literally just RNG between "will a wave of normal EB proccing slash or element within the first 5 hits vs for how long will CB keep proccing corrosive vs the other element" (and if you dont go corrosive, whats the point of even going CB).

Its only if someone doesnt have Condition Overload that CB outperforms the base skill.

It should go without saying that the chromatic blade build always requires condition overload.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It should go without saying that the chromatic blade build always requires condition overload. 

Yes and that's why im noting, its mostly myth/placebo that CB increases DPS when most of the work is done by Stealth and CO, the mod slot can be replaced with Augur Secrets and the end performance is the same with a 7-9 hit kill average against level 100 heavies.

Either way Lull should keep enemies asleep for full duration or keep in stealth multi modifier as they get hit for some moddable amount of time somehow.

Edited by Andele3025

1 minute ago, Andele3025 said:

Yes and that's why im noting, its mostly myth/placebo that CB increases DPS when most of the work is done by Stealth and CO, the mod slot can be replaced with Augur Secrets and the end performance is the same with a 7-9 hit kill average against level 100 heavies.

Killed enemy in 5 hit with CB+CO

killed them in well over 10 hits with augur secrets instead of CB.

Sorry, but there is no placebo.

Baruuk is just useless, so many parties i join with Baruuks just standing around doing.. Nothing.. arms out catching nothing cause the rest of the team are doing their jobs.. Baruuk needs an overhaul and was pretty much DOA at release... Yes i know a small group seem to love him, but hes a leecher and does nothing to help teams..

Sorry to trigger you Baruuk lovers but wow fight some stuff don't stand around watching a tiny circle decrease.

Edited by DanteYoda

12 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Baruuk is just useless, so many parties i join with Baruuks just standing around doing.. Nothing.. arms out catching nothing cause the rest of the team are doing their jobs.. Baruuk needs an overhaul and was pretty much DOA at release... Yes i know a small group seem to love him, but hes a leecher and does nothing to help teams..

Sorry to trigger you Baruuk lovers but wow fight some stuff don't stand around watching a tiny circle decrease.

I mean technically his kit revolves around him doing nothing. So those Baruuks you’re seeing are doing their job.

il y a 18 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

I mean technically his kit revolves around him doing nothing. So those Baruuks you’re seeing are doing their job.

False. His kit is about attacking the enemy at the right time instead of blindly mashing buttons. The people who stand there doing nothing are not playing and should not be considered "players", let alone "Baruuk players"; for the same reason people who stand in the middle of the star chart Defenses with meta-map-whipping things like Equinox, Saryn, (especialy pre-nerf) Ember, Mag, Revenant, Octavia, etc.

You're over-generalizing something you keep criticizing because it doesn't fit your personal standarts (again). Could we just return to the actual subject of this thread, aka the similarities between Hysteria and Serene Storm (and not Exalted Blade)?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanteYoda said:

That's more of a user error. Not dealing damage =/= not participating. His CC is pretty dang powerful, and the disarm is a very underrated mechanic. 

15 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

His kit is about attacking the enemy at the right time instead of blindly mashing buttons.

Which is a genuinely fantastic concept, but it kind of falls flat when Serene Storm doesn't hit as hard as the weapon I'm giving up to use it. 

Edited by Gurpgork
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

You're over-generalizing something you keep criticizing because it doesn't fit your personal standarts (again).

My personal standards for a frame is that the frame all around good. Every ability serves a unique purpose with very little overlapping. While also being a practical ability that actually has a significant impact on gameplay. Baruuk is like the opposite of Revenant. His first 3 abilities are fine, could use some tweaking, but overall function appropriately. His 4 is just a bad ability that also completely ignores the whole “loses restraint and releases ultimate power” part of his theme. He’s functional, but he could be better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Serene Storm cant be buffed unless its range and CC get a nerf and id rather keep the range and CC.

Can't it? Exalted Blade manages to have a longer range, better damage potential and fair CC of it's own without a problem.

Only think it lacks is the cone effect, but with the rate you can chuck out Exalted waves I'm not sure it's a big deal.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Exalted Blade is easier to use and doesn't detract from gameplay.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Why are we still comparing single abilities instead of the kit as a whole? Serene Storm cant be buffed unless its range and CC get a nerf and id rather keep the range and CC.

The entire Restraint mechanic is enough of a balancing factor to keep Serene Storm from becoming overpowered. Even if you could use it all the time like you can with Exalted Blade, it would still be a weaker ability and in need of some buffing. 

So no. The range and CC would not need to be nerfed to buff the damage of an ability with weak damage and limited uptime. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Killed enemy in 5 hit with CB+CO

killed them in well over 10 hits with augur secrets instead of CB. 

Sorry, but there is no placebo. 

Its 5 strikes if you go damage over attack speed on umbra or if you slot in Prime Fever, both of which i dont count as it diminishes game loop and isnt a mandatory "every player should have" mod (PFS ofc is great, but entirely overkill and unlike prime pressure point or prime fury shouldnt count as core priority when it comes to build calculation), however it remains 5 waves if you go for non CB build too.
The 24% power strength/more base damage multi and access to IPS/Slash mostly entirely makes up for the "guaranteed first non impact status proc consistency" making CB "boosting damage" a placebo if you have a complete build which means either you derped mods or didnt blind the enemy and didnt use the block combo.

Edited by Andele3025

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I just want to play him before he's made into another Warframe that collects dust because the community decided so..

Tbh, I believe he's already there. Perhaps it's just me, perhaps people like him because he's new, I don't know.

I just feel that in a year's time people's perception of him will be very different. Guess we shall see.

Laugh away, we shall see. :tongue:

Edited by DeMonkey

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Finally someone with a functional brain that knows how de operates, you other guys can Yap all you want, but in the end if de ever touches Baruuk again, he will be rather nerfed to the ground, into uselessness, instead of buffed. (Like giving his 2 a 10m range with 10 seconds duration, removing daggers from his 3, reducing range and crit from his 4)

Kind of funny that after so many years of supporting a company almost no one gets it how they work.

I just want to play him before he's made into another Warframe that collects dust because the community decided so..

You can't get a buff without a nerf happening first in this game.. because of bAlAnCe.. 

(Not to mention the months of wait before changes, like if de buffs his 4 now, in a few months they nerf it again or nerf something else in his kit)

Nezha, Saryn, Nekros, etc all got buffed/fixed/reworked to fit their gameplay (mostly, later 2 still got some small bugs).
And 100% sure Misgenesis is pointing out that by raw stats Serene storm is on the very high end of things just like valkyr claws are, but unlike claws they got the optional addition for long range cc via enemy grouping, pulls and knockbacks while also having access to a direct 120% damage "elemental" boost (and technically 165% counting PHT tho i wouldnt) as its pure impact. Thus if it was given additional easy modifier access or strong CO options in addition to existing 20-30k dps, it would trivialize content harder than the Rivened Zaws on Rhino. Aka, he would need to lose more of the stat equality to Valkyr (notably as prior mentioned, crit chance and slide attack damage most likely) for higher status or the much better for kit cohesion, ability to benefit from stealth mod from lull for full duration.

5 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Its 5 strikes if you go damage over attack speed on umbra or if you slot in Prime Fever, both of which i dont count as it diminishes game loop and isnt a mandatory "every player should have" mod (PFS ofc is great, but entirely overkill and unlike prime pressure point or prime fury shouldnt count as core priority when it comes to build calculation), however it remains 5 waves if you go for non CB build too.
The 24% power strength/more base damage multi and access to IPS/Slash mostly entirely makes up for the "guaranteed first non impact status proc consistency" making CB "boosting damage" a placebo if you have a complete build which means either you derped mods or didnt blind the enemy and didnt use the block combo.

You’re not making sense anymore. I proved you wrong. Stop it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

If they want to balance out a stupidity strong Serene storm then they can just do something like double the drain it has on restraint. It should be strong but not something you can use full time. He’s still primarily a support frame.

Also these reworks you mentioned are all things that happened way after those frames were released. Baruuk hasn’t even gotten that “post release” buff that frames usually get.