The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone got maiming strike this event ?

Elite_Crippler

8 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

I don't understand how people claim they farmed the acolytes for 8 hours or more.

They aren't even available for that long in one sitting. Even when there's 3 up the crossover is minimal. 

Am I missing something?

Not LITERALLY spending (in my case) 29 hours in the missions trying to get Argon Scope and Maiming Strike, but focusing 100% of those 29 hours on nothing but killing the acolytes when they appear. It means not doing syndicate missions because I know I'll compulsively hunt for every rep item on the map at the expense of one or two shots at an acolyte kill. It means I may not get an invasion reward because I might not finish three missions between my acolyte hunting and my need for sleep. It means actually losing a few hours of sleep in hopes that, just this once, the item you've spent SO long trying to obtain will finally pop.

Am I to blame for that? Yeah! I don't HAVE to get the mods, but it'd be nice to try them out.

For context, I've only been playing the game since August and have never seen this event before. However, in the months I've been studying builds and watching videos about builds, some of these mods are constantly referred to as "the rug one thing that really ties the build together." As a new(ish) player who doesn't have a lot of alternate mods to compensate for the powerful ones you see in build guides/videos, of course I'm going to want every last one of these. I knew the names of these mods before I ever knew where they dropped or that the only drop during this event.

Hope that puts it in perspective. 😁

4 hours ago, H0B0Z said:

Managed to get Argon Scope, Maiming Strike, and Nano Applicator. The latter two dropped on consecutive missions. Probably gonna be screwed for the rest of the event now.

It's funny, once you " finally" get the mods, it begins to feel like they drop like candy thereafter. 

You keep playing you'll probably have duplicates in no time

4 hours ago, H0B0Z said:

Managed to get Argon Scope, Maiming Strike, and Nano Applicator. The latter two dropped on consecutive missions. Probably gonna be screwed for the rest of the event now.

I got all 3 fairly casually as well. It's just Lady Luck. Sometimes she smiles.

My results so far.

The percentages have been pretty accurate except maiming strike (already have it but still).

Violence 73 Rounds
shrapnel             51%        40    
Bladed round     22%        16
sharepened       22%          17
maiming             4%            0

Torment    59 rounds
hydraulic         51%       39
blood rush      22%        9
laser sight       22%        9
Argon scope    4%        2

On 2019-01-31 at 7:23 PM, ChaosSabre said:

It took me 4 acolyte events farms for a single argon scope drop so trust me. Rng can be bad on these.

you are looking for a specific mod... how many runs did you do where this one specific mod can drop? since not every acolyte can drop it... so you could in practice do 10 events and not even have a chance of argon scope dropping, since you didn´t run the acolytes that drop argon scope

now he said he did 200+ runs without any rare mod dropping... statistically, that's just bullcrap