Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it Worth using Excalibur Umbra?

(NSW)KashKey

Question

11 answers to this question

Nobody can tell you if a frame is worth your time because nobody knows if you like it, if you know how to play it, how much you value your time...

The frame is good, with the umbral mods he can destroy any sentients. And with the sentience passive, you can have an specter for free whenever you want. I personally don't like it because of the type of gameplay I do, but still, it is strong.In the end, it depends on how much do you like the frame rather than "how strong" it is.

And about the mocking, it was probably because with how you formulated the question (and your "lmao" in the end), it seemed like you were a troll trying to make someone lose their precious time.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)KashKey said:

Am I better off with other Frames in terms of damage output or survival, or is Umbra good for that?

It depends on your playstyle, really.

Excalibur is very survivable and can output lots of damage, but there's tankier warframes and there's warframes with a higher damage output.

That said, he is still worth time and investment.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)KashKey said:

seriously you didn't have to mock me 

Are you referring to me inserting the acronym for "laughing my a**e off" at random points?

Yes, people don't have to insert "lmao" where it doesn't belong.

• Like 2

Excal Umbra's DPS scales like a monster. Note the word scale though.

Frames like Mesa will appear to do more DPS and kill more but will not scale well as Excal's damage output. Umbra has about 40k eHP before Adaptation from the front. It's a modest amount but in truth nowhere near enough to bring his DPS into question. He's about 70% Offense 30% Defense. His Blind is what he will rely to stay alive. An Ancient Healer Specter can also help offset his Damage / Survival ratio.

I build Excal for actual Melee on his EB. This is also a scaling thing where you won't even get into melee range unless you get higher in levels. His waves alone will just kill everything under lvl 100. Once you get into melee and can get some combo meter going his damage output skyrockets and his Slash Dash becomes a fun and highly damaging gap closer.

The one thing I dislike about the Umbra variant is his Specter mode. I never use it but it prevents you from using Magus Elevate properly. Every time you go into Operator mode he drops EB which means he drops 60% mitigation. So he's kinda forced into Healing Return / Life Strike. It's annoying.

• Like 1