Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove archwing missions....

(NSW)revfunk

Honestly I'm fine with Archwing on pc... but I never go out of my way to play it. It's just there. I did my first archwing mission on NSW last night for an Aura mod... and my god was it horrendous. I know why I wasn't enjoying myself after the fact... and that's that toggle sprint on makes navigating tight areas atrocious either because you move around wildly when not moving toward your crosshair, or because you literally can't move up and down while it's on because you just use afterburners without moving.

Wish I could disable toggle sprint for only archwing. Also NSW literally doesn't have a crouch key. There's Slide/Roll/Crouch and Toggle crouch but not crouch....

Edited by AXCrusnik

7 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Honestly I'm fine with Archwing on pc... but I never go out of my way to play it. It's just there. I did my first archwing mission on NSW last night for an Aura mod... and my god was it horrendous. I know why I wasn't enjoying myself after the fact... and that's that toggle sprint on makes navigating tight areas atrocious either because you move around wildly when not moving toward your crosshair, or because you literally can't move up and down while it's on because you just use afterburners without moving.

Wish I could disable toggle sprint for only archwing. Also NSW literally doesn't have a crouch key. There's Slide/Roll/Crouch and Toggle crouch but not crouch....

Yeah....its just unbearable on the switch man

18 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

I agree that there should be an option to disable toggle sprint only for Archwing mode. The toggle is great for normal missions but in Archwing missions it leads to terrible steering issues.

On 2019-02-25 at 5:48 PM, (NSW)revfunk said:

hot garbage

Archwing missions are some of the few things that provide unique gameplay in a more-or-less grind between a couple of sponges. (where's the difficulty?)  REGULAR missions would improve greatly from having mission types like archwing! Classifying game modes: Defense, Mobile Defense, Excavation, and defection are all glorified defenses! Whether keeping multiple moving targets alive, temporary targets from taking excessive fire, or simply defending an operative: Too much defense is involved! Captures are a check on damage, and generally a joke. Mission within archwing will test ability to strategically damage targets, check racing skills, and navigate within a new mode. In my experience of helping people through these missions there are only two things that consistently show up. Either archwing mods are lacking due to the lack of rewards for doing archwing missions in which they drop, or they haven't learned to utlize their archwing yet. Perhaps allow anti-gravity systems to use archwing weapons earlier in game to improve players want to use them, or make the drops available from missions in which archwing can be used, like Uranus. Instead of listening to hot garbage, please impliment these same type of game modes within the star chart so that people can learn to navigate quickly with their frame/operator, and using creative means to do things instead of seeing what youtube has to say.

• 2 weeks later...

The main problem with Archwing is level design. I have felt stifled by the tight corridors. It's not conducive for flying. Take a look at Anthem's flying; The area is alreaday quite open which negates the bumpiness of bouncing into halls. We experience this freedom and utility in the plains and OV.

I'm writing up some new missions which make use of all of the mechanics of the game. Hope they get attention.

On 2019-03-11 at 6:50 PM, (NSW)Shilvio said:

The pursuit mission is near impossible on NSwitch due to targets being tiny. Again, it's a good idea, but it was not translated well.

The grattler fixes this problem as the rounds do splash damage and can hit multiple targets at once.  You just have to stay close.

That said, personally, I rather much like Archwing, and will appreciate the coming upgrades and integrations.  The only mission I have any dislike for is rush.  Not my cup of tea.

I'll look for ze Grattler.

The rush mission is an amazing idea, I am going to propose a more fun version to DE [if they read the suggestions]. Archwing in the plains and OV is good. Flight in Anthem is liberating. Why? I think it's because of the space available to not think about the environment getting in the way. The rush mission is like precision platforming. It's not easy and it's not enjoyable unless you really like it.

The problem with arcwing is that there's not enough content for it. There's all of what, two tilesets? One of which is basically flying through the exhaust vent in the Death Star, the other of which is just a completely open asteroid field.

Sharcwing and skywing are neat I guess but they aren't really arcwing, and arcwing needs more content.

I'd say remove them from the mandatory completion list for Arbitrations, and progression points in the story/starchart somehow.

I mean, there's that whole archwing mission in the story, so they're not gonna re-do that to remove it from mandatory progression - however, they could move all Archwing mission nodes like the Rush mission on Phobos to dead-end side-paths with nothing behind them, not as a gateway to those two nodes behind the one on Phobos, for instance, and make them all a side-thing for archwing enthusiasts to challenge themselves with.

Underwater tilesets could have alternate underwater routes with sharkwing, but also have dry routes. The water-segment spy vaults are just a total loss to people who don't like sharkwing.

They might also want to consider creating at least 1 dedicated alternate way to obtain Archwing mods, while keeping them in Archwing missions (a method that does not have the archwing mods replace other rewards people were otherwise already going for previously)

The mode has potential that will likely be explored in Railjack.

Remove the narrow corridor mazes both in space and underwater as navigating them can be horrendous, just make archwing missions more like flight sim combat missions, fight way to target and kill/bomb said target, prevent a VIP hostile ship from reaching a jump point, defend a corpus/grineer ship through hostile territory until it reaches a jump point etc etc . All 'open space' stuff. Archwing or any other missions DO NOT need to be frustrating, they just need to be entertaining and enjoyable.

Edited by --Cyberius--

Do PC players tolerate archwing more than Console players?

Because they have a mouse instead of a controller when many Archwing weapons require pinpoint precision?

As a controller user some of the supposedly popular Archguns feel terrible for me to use...

Velocitus, Corvas, I can't hit a thing with them because its too hard to hold a target with a thumbstick....

Archwing is so much better on M+K than a controller it beggars description. I had to switch to mouse and keyboard recently, and while I still feel clumsy with movement on the ground and parkour, in Archwing I am a terrible, graceful weapon of war. An untouchable butterfly of steel and anger. 

In other words, it's way easier to control. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-11 at 9:48 PM, (NSW)Shilvio said:

The main problem with Archwing is level design. I have felt stifled by the tight corridors. It's not conducive for flying. Take a look at Anthem's flying; The area is alreaday quite open which negates the bumpiness of bouncing into halls. We experience this freedom and utility in the plains and OV.

I'm writing up some new missions which make use of all of the mechanics of the game. Hope they get attention.

I'm sure the Corpus and Grineer are terribly sorry they didn't better design their ships for the Tenno to infiltrate them.

On 2019-03-26 at 4:01 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

Archwing is so much better on M+K than a controller it beggars description. I had to switch to mouse and keyboard recently, and while I still feel clumsy with movement on the ground and parkour, in Archwing I am a terrible, graceful weapon of war. An untouchable butterfly of steel and anger. 

In other words, it's way easier to control. 

I play on console and, I gotta admit, it was a struggle at first (like -everything- in this game) but after some time and practice (mostly as a result of needing to farm stuff) I now find it relatively EASY to use Archwing.  People DO realize they can toggle sprint/afterburner mode on and off, yeah?

I just think the complaints mostly come about as a result of there being less AW content, and therefore people don't experience it as much and aren't forced to improve.  Moreover, they hear complaints and rants on YT and the forums about it being "hot garbage", which is an opinion of some but not a fact, and they dodge it altogether.  Again, this robs them of opportunity to improve.

I've always seen Warframe as being just as much about skill and practice as it is about damage stats.  People get lazy with their one-shot-kill guns, but you can do just as well with skill, movement, and any half-decently modded weapon/frame 😕

On 2019-03-28 at 5:18 PM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I'm sure the Corpus and Grineer are terribly sorry they didn't better design their ships for the Tenno to infiltrate them.

It seems like you're saying that the engineering of the tilesets was not something Digital Extremes artists and design teams worked on.

I am suggesting that the setup of the missions and the tools we have available make some parts of the archwing missions unapproachable. Walls are a strange obstacle when you're not given good tools to maneuver them with. Imagine having long hallways and tall ledges and not having the parkour skills: Bullet-jumping, scaling walls, wall-latching. Those are tools that help the gamer enjoy the tileset and play within them.

Corridor archwing missions don't quite make sense given the tools we have available.

@(PS4)Taishin_Ishu