Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Condruc Pigment

Lazarow

Okay so I been doing this for like an hour, go in plains and kill every condruc I see mostly go to the beach where around 4 spawn and none of them drop. I gotten a few pigments from the ones that spawn at the gate but they dont spawn often there and finding them in random locations is difficult as they blend in with the terrain and grass. How do people even tho this pigment and whats the drop chance of them dropping? And do the ones at the beach drop pigments at all? This is so frustrating tbh

Yeah, we've been complaining about PoE drop rates since release, especially condrocs and dargyn pilots (we managed to get this done 'eventually').... they're still exactly the same as before and the requirements are completely screwed up.  The clan I'm in has basically just said screw it to the condroc ones, the drop rate is just stupidly low and not worth the effort.

1 hour ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Okay so I been doing this for like an hour, go in plains and kill every condruc I see mostly go to the beach where around 4 spawn and none of them drop. I gotten a few pigments from the ones that spawn at the gate but they dont spawn often there and finding them in random locations is difficult as they blend in with the terrain and grass. How do people even tho this pigment and whats the drop chance of them dropping? And do the ones at the beach drop pigments at all? This is so frustrating tbh

If you are killing birds that spawn airborne, then gg, you wasted your time, pigments only drop from the birds that spawn on the ground near Grineer remains, to increase the chances its best to use a Hydroid whit his 4th augment and a Nekros using his 3rd to 3x the chances of the drop, it was a pain to farm it for my clan, but i wish you luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

If you are killing birds that spawn airborne, then gg, you wasted your time, pigments only drop from the birds that spawn on the ground near Grineer remains

Ok what the acctual fk who made this a thing at DE they need to try this themselfs and see how difficult it is. Well thanks for telling me this at least I wont go killing mid-air birds now

3 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Ok what the acctual fk who made this a thing at DE they need to try this themselfs and see how difficult it is. Well thanks for telling me this at least I wont go killing mid-air birds now

If you notice, the Birds that spawn airborne dont have HP or name tag, unlike the ones that spawn on the ground, whats funny is that the birds who spawn flying can be used to do the riven challenges, they just dont have the same drops has the normal birds, so no pigments sadly.

Just a tip to make this farm less of an arse. There's a large amount of spawn spots around Gara Toht lake and the lake itself is large enough that you can circle around it and trigger new spawns as you go in old areas. I did the farm solo by going around on my archwing, simply circling, slightly over the land on the sides of the lake and high enough that I had decent view while not so high that it might impact spawns, keep an eye out and when you see them, hop off and pounce.

You won't always get condrocs, it'll be a mix of them, kuakas, wandering grineer, grineer dargyns (flying or ground), drop ships or bolkors, but keep circling and you'll eventually get them. Also a good idea is if you get a booster on log in, use it to go for a farming trip. Just ignore other spawns than the condrocs, they'll despawn, unless you piss off a dargyn then you might have to take it out for it to stop bothering you.

Edited by Ulvra
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

The same people who put zoom on rivens

It is an absolute pain, but I might have a suggestion.
I managed to mostly solo it in four to five hours over a couple of days for a shadow clan.

I'd recommend the following:

Gather some plat via trade channel.
3day Item drop booster (quantity, but frequency if you can afford it)
Ivara, solo in plains.
Approach under stealth to pickpocket.
You can then kill them for a second chance at the drop.

Ones that start out flying DO NOT drop pigment (in my experience)
Ones that start on the floor DO drop pigment, even if you get them after take off.

You can spot the condoroc spawns from a low level, slow arcwing flight and as long as you hit the floor and approach from a good distance, you won't startle them and rob yourself of the chance at two pigments.

In the day spawning grineer can decide to just shoot them and spoil pick pocket attempts as such I felt like I had more success on the night components of the run than in days.

I'm sure you'll have figured out most of this stuff yourself already, but I included it for completions sake incase someone else is stuck hunting for the bloody birds too.

This way I was taking back about 160 per night cycle, 160 per day cycle.
It's laborious, but not as bad as trying to get that last bit of Nidas to drop from the loot table.
Feels like I've been doing that forever.

When it starts to get frustrating, take a break.
Good luck.