Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wolf Spawn Rate is WAY too low right now

An8rchy

I've done probably over 50 missions so far looking for him over 8 hours and only ran into him once, at least a dozen of those were with a group.

That's my own experience with hunting him anyways.

I think a summoning beacon or increased spawn/drop rate would be good, or like someone else said make some place more likely to spawn him.

Edited by Ailyene
  • Like 1

We’re assuming that the Wolf won’t spawn past the 10+ week mark that is episode 1 of Wolf of Saturn Six. We’re still in episode 1 of this episodic questline (Grind Life). How many episodes are there going to be for Wolf of Saturn Six pray tell? We’ve yet to know.

I’m not advocating against a boost to Wolf’s spawn rate or getting some form of mechanic or gear item to boost its spawn chances. But I honestly feel like we’re jumping the gun to say that this assassin is tied strictly to a 3-month timeline.

Oh, there's some news.  According to Prime Time and Steve on Twitter WoSS' spawn rate is going to go up, and maybe linked to WoSS' story progression. 

"Over the course of the Episodes the Wolf will appear more frequently." - Rebecca @12:00 in today's Prime Time (#238)

I'll just put off farming him for a couple weeks I guess; at the current rates I've farmed close to 100k Kuva without a booster and he only showed up once.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

We’re assuming that the Wolf won’t spawn past the 10+ week mark that is episode 1 of Wolf of Saturn Six. We’re still in episode 1 of this episodic questline (Grind Life). How many episodes are there going to be for Wolf of Saturn Six pray tell? We’ve yet to know.

Wolf of Saturn 6 is the first episode. The next one will pretty likely be an other boss. So we have 10 weeks for him.

18 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

the rewards to capture those prisoners are even more pathetic since it isnt even scaling with enemy level.

Yeah i agre on that, those prisoners point is to low (50 point per prisoner 😭). DE should increase their point at least to 200-300 point per prisoner to make them worth a little bit.

18 hours ago, An8rchy said:

Nora could sell them for Wolf creds, but in my honest opinion should be like 10 creds per beacon, so you get 5 per wolf cred tier

That might be the high possibilities, but if not at least DE should make compensate like increase new weapon (Wolf Sledge) bp & Wolf Sledge Motor drop chance a little bit or giving 4000-5000 standing point when player defeat it (if DE keep Wolf Spawn rate low) , just my opinion.

7 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

Wolf of Saturn 6 is the first episode. The next one will pretty likely be an other boss. So we have 10 weeks for him.

Again, correlation != causation

We’re still assuming there will be another world boss and The Wolf of Saturn Six’s spawn rate will be no more. We’re assuming that The Wolf’s spawn rate will be diminished when we don’t have much evidence to back up that claim (we’re on day THREE under the Nightwave System).

Also, look at Steve’s tweet:

Seriously, there’s no need to complicate over this enemy’s existence in-game, the limitations in his encounters and the timeline we’re scrutinizing here. The episodic adventure is revolving around his namesake “The Wolf of Saturn Six,” he’s not going away after 10+ weeks or after the next episode. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Again, correlation != causation

We’re still assuming there will be another world boss and The Wolf of Saturn Six’s spawn rate will be no more. We’re assuming that The Wolf’s spawn rate will be diminished when we don’t have much evidence to back up that claim (we’re on day THREE under the Nightwave System).

Also, look at Steve’s tweet:

Seriously, there’s no need to complicate over this enemy’s existence in-game, the limitations in his encounters and the timeline we’re scrutinizing here. The episodic adventure is revolving around his namesake “The Wolf of Saturn Six,” he’s not going away after 10+ weeks or after the next episode. 

The thing is that they said that the first season will be the Wolf of Saturn 6. It is pretty likely that it will change. Dont assume that it will stay. The comment just said that the wolf spawn rate will increase over the course of the 10 weeks.

They also said that they will introduce more characters and the Wolf is pretty limited. So dont assume that the wolf will stay after the 10 weeks so prepare for it.

They are seasons so its logical that it will change.

Edited by DerGreif2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

The thing is that they said that the first season will be the Wolf of Saturn 6. It is pretty likely that it will change. Dont assume that it will stay. The comment just said that the wolf spawn rate will increase over the course of the 10 weeks.

They also said that they will introduce more characters and the Wolf is pretty limited. So dont assume that the wolf will stay after the 10 weeks so prepare for it.

They are seasons so its logical that it will change.

Semantics.

Wolf spawn rate will increase “over time.” There was no specifics about it being strictly in 10 weeks. And please provide source material from DE that the Wolf spawn rate will be limited to episode 1 or within these 10 weeks in which this episode is live.

More characters being introduced is on the basis of lore. There is no intrinsic knowledge that they will be specifically bosses, enemies or factions strictly within the limitations of the episodes in general. 

Seasons are seasons. This is our appropriation of what we’ve seen as limited time achievements from games like Diablo, Elder Scrolls, Fortnite, Destiny, etc. It’s also conclusive that the Wolf Sledge is tied to MR, so even if it is “limited” it is not going to be stowed away and restricted from the playerbase.

Some more things:

• As mentioned by @Ailyene in this thread, it's confirmed that he will appear more often. Prime Time (@12min): "... We will be talking about that tomorrow [dev stream] but we can say that over the course of the episodes the Wolf will appear more frequently ..."

• This time I took notes: I've encountered him again after 14 missions (3 of which were Arbitrations) and 3 Sorties (not sure if they count).
    • That's still anecdotal of course, and maybe I'm incredibly lucky.
    • Twice was in a Flood.
    • It occurred to me that maybe I've seen him so many times already because I'm levelling/formaing a full set of weapons at the moment. So that might be worth a try? Stalker works similarly, I think.

• When he appeared this time, the fugitives came in shortly after in the same mission. So these two events aren't exclusive to each other.
Edited by Kontrollo
formatting

19 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

That's still anecdotal of course, and maybe I'm incredibly lucky.

Yes, you are very lucky.

20 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

It occurred to me that maybe I've seen him so many times already because I'm levelling/formaing a full set of weapons at the moment. So that might be worth a try? Stalker works similarly, I think.

We don't yet know if Wolf works that way, but Stalker does not.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Yes, you are very lucky.

We don't yet know if Wolf works that way, but Stalker does not.

Ah you know that for a fact, that the Stalker doesn't work that way? In my time I've faced him quite a lot while undergeared. Maybe it was like that in the past or maybe it's bias.

But I've never seen it confirmed anywhere, so I'd love it if you could point me to some kind of official statement with a link, please.

Stalker has a higher chance of spawning based on these scenarios:

• How many Stalker marks yourself and your squad have.
  • Stalker still follows the regimen of having an increased spawn rate if you are leveling or undergeared for the mission.

It’s been like that for years. Whether the Wolf has that very same mechanical nature is unconfirmed.

25 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Ah you know that for a fact, that the Stalker doesn't work that way?

Yes.  DE even made it so Stalker is not supposed to appear if your warframe is under level 10.  We all remember the times when we were leveling something and Stalker appeared to mess with us, but he also appears when we're fully geared.  We just don't remember those as readily.  I don't have official confirmation except to note that the spawn calculator does not include anything for level of gear in it.  It's solely determined by chance and number of marks/squad members.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Stalker still follows the regimen of having an increased spawn rate if you are leveling or undergeared for the mission.

Still?  He never followed that.  As pointed out above, he was changed to even not allow him to spawn if your warframe is under rank 10.

ETA:  You are both free to believe what you will...it's all off topic anyway.  So, to get back on topic...

We don't actually know yet about the Wolf's spawn rate or if there are triggers that can be used.  We do know that some people have gotten the Wolf to spawn a lot more than some other people (RNG most likely) and that the spawn rate is supposed to increase as the episode goes on.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt

• 3 weeks later...

I don' t want to complaint or whine or whatever, BUT (yes there allways has to be the but :P) since the nightwave update went live i was doing several hundred of missions and captured dozens of fugitive groups. Still haven' t met the wolf what' s sad cause i' d like to encounter him, to get challenged by him. I am fine with the low drop chance of his weapon parts and enjoy this "hunt"/farm. What i dislike is the fact that there are players that allready got his entire weapon(sounds jealous i know, but i am not as i do not stress out with getting this suboptimal weapon i just want him!). You can read alot about ppl that met him X times but i guess some of the posts are simply lies and kinda want to troll others. If not can me and alot other ppl are so unlucky? Sure patience is a virtue/goodness, but i can' t remember that this ever was a great matter.

And to proof i don' t only want to complain or something else i have a suggestion: How about to be able to increase the spawnchance of the wolf by capturing enough fugitives? Lets say 10 groups or 30 fugitives to have a 60% chance that he will spawn in the next mission if he doesn' t the next captured group will slightly increase the chance of him to show up. That way players that aren' t looking to fight him maybe like new players can simply avoid to much struggle and older players/vets could turn and hunt him. Maybe that would satisfy the ppls need?

PS: I don' t know if this or something similar was allready suggested.

Just did a solo run on Selki 41 mins. got 1 time fugitives. Before i even tried to simulate a stress situation by using all capsules right when they were ready for use, did that in multiple short runs ranging from 6-8 mins. Didn' t do the trick at all. So i tried everything you can read about on the www to get a visit from the wolf ...nothing. I believe that i heared him once howl, but that could' ve also been an illusion.