The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Reputation Math to get to 30

UnbiasedOne

2 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Yeah really,

Virtually all solo players, and there are plenty of us.

doing sorties with Gasp friends. won't kill you. nor will a pub game with hydolyst

also you don't know that next weeks eltie missions will be the same exact ones now do you?

Edited by hazerddex

1 minute ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

This point is true. They are pretty abundant so if you go with the right missions and can play the amount of time required to kill (I think its 500 of them?) then sure. Not too bad.

It's kill 500 enemies for 3k rep and kill 100 eximus units for 5000 rep.

Some of these objective can be done almost passively, like use a glyph prism and kill 500 enemies. I did a couple missions and an Eximus Stronghold Sortie mission and I was on 83 Eximus kills without even thinking about it. I thought I would have to make a special effort for that one, too but I ended up doing it faster than the "run 3 invasions" objective. I've still not finished the "Do 8 Cetus Bounties". The time investment required is really uneven compared to the rep rewarded, across the objectives. But the good news is we have enough leeway to be able to skip 20% of the missions and still get the rewards.

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

doing sorties with Gasp friends. won't kill you. nor will a pub game with hydolyst

also you don't know that next weeks eltie missions will be the same exact ones now do you?

I'm at max riven capacity. So sorties, are off limits.an no, I'm not selling or dissolving any of mine.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

I'm at max riven capacity. So sorties, are off limits.an no, I'm not selling or dissolving any of mine.

do you have plat? or stuff to trade for plat?

because you can get 3 riven mod slots for 60 plat

also thats a self inpossed issue not anyone but yourself to blame on that one just saying.

Riven mods were not made to be with every weapon in the game.

Edited by hazerddex

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

do you have plat? or stuff to trade for plat?

because you can get 3 riven mod slots for 60 plat

also thats a self inpossed issue not anyone but yourself to blame on that one just saying.

Riven mods were not made to be with every weapon in the game.

MAX capacity i.e.90. Unless they up it.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

I've been at 88/89 for ages now, luckily (?) the veiled from sorties have been junk so I can just delete them. Sucks but I have none to delete so I feel you.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

MAX capacity i.e.90. Unless they up it.

they won't up it ever.

if they mad it unlimited servers would litterally crash. 

which is why i said only yourself to blame.

i've only ever needed 15.

i don't use 90+ weapons daily. and i don't need riven mods on all the weapons i use.

so its hardly DE's fault on the fact that you can't do sortie because you choose to horde Riven mods.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

Of course not, because it wont happen. My friends don't play warframe and I have no need of "internet friends", I've done that for years (I've been gaming online since dial-up) and it is exhausting and frankly not worth the effort.

I founded this game playing solo, I have every possible (MR giving) item in the game solo, I see no reason to be forgiving when DE changes gears and starts locking participation in a new system behind pointless warm body locks.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Of course not, because it wont happen. My friends don't play warframe and I have no need of "internet friends", I've done that for years (I've been gaming online since dial-up) and it is exhausting and frankly not worth the effort.

I founded this game playing solo, I have every possible (MR giving) item in the game solo, I see no reason to be forgiving when DE changes gears and starts locking participation in a new system behind pointless warm body locks.

except nothing locked exept locks YOU made yourself.

its YOU who chose not to just friend up with people on warframe even if its temporary.

its YOU who chooses not to do pubs.

not DE 

YOU.

also you don't know that were getting the same exact missions next week. so unless you have a time mechine. you don't know if your perma locked (by your own habbits.) out of elite weeklies. 

Edited by hazerddex

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

tenor.gif

So Warframe is equivalent to a class project?! 

its an Online multiplayer game.

keyword is online and multiplayer.

you can choose to play MMO games solo, but that doesn't mean the Devs have to cater to your every need. 

there are communities less respectable then warframes that would laugh you out of the forum for complaining about content requiring other players.

and i fear for the anti social when  DE does bring back trials. (which forced parties.)

Edited by hazerddex
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

its an Online multiplayer game.

keyword is online and multiplayer.

you can choose to play MMO games solo, but that doesn't mean the Devs have to cater to your every need. 

Then they should just remove the toggle to play solo. 

WF is not a MMO, it's a PvE online horde shooter. The only thing MMO is conclave and maybe Tradeframe. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Then they should just remove the toggle to play solo. 

No WF is not a MMO, it's a PvE online horde shooter. The only thing multiplayer is conclave. 

you know theres more types of Multiplayer then PVP? multiplayer=/= PVP

shocker i know, but PVE co-op games are very popular.

monster hunter series is but one example/ also 20XX is a multiplayer game

so is Hat in Time.

both have 0 PVP.

mul·ti·play·er

Dictionary result for multiplayer

/ˈməltiˌplāər,ˈməltiplāər/
adjective
adjective: multiplayer; adjective: multi-player
  1. 1.
    denoting or relating to a video game designed for or involving several players.
noun
noun: multiplayer; plural noun: multiplayers; noun: multi-player; plural noun: multi-players
  1. 1.
    a multimedia computer and home entertainment system that integrates a number of conventional and interactive audio and video functions with those of a computer.

please show where it has to be PVP

Edited by hazerddex

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It didn't feel like a chore to get pieces of Vauban? The one alt helmet for the frame you like?

If you see the things like "kill 500 enemies" as a burdensome chore, what exactly do you do in the game that this type of thing wasn't already getting done?

I'll try and answer this one...

Original system - you do the mission, you get your rewards, job done.  Once I've got the item(s) I want I don't have to do the missions again unless I want a duplicate or feel like doing them, heck I had a choice of even bothering with the mission in the first place if it was something I didn't like, say for example defection.

New system - I only want the umbral forma (we'll make it simple, I wouldn't say no to the kuva either), I don't need anything else (hypothetically, but realistically at some point it will be a case of not needing anything from rewards, especially things like the syandana and armor) between the start of the cycle and rank 29... I need to maintain enough standing weekly to ensure that by week 10 I've managed 290,000 standing even though I have no need for anything else.  I have no option to do just enough to buy the only reward I want with creds and as someone who has everything in the current cred list (the one thing I actually want isn't in it - jaw sword) except the statue the creds I gain in that 10 week cycle will also be going to waste, I suspect most high mr players will be in the same boat as we'll have already collected potatoes and the auras. 

To get the one thing I want, which in the old system would have been one mission but at random times (so you might have needed to wait a bit for it) or 3 missions in an ivasion, I now need to ensure I'm hitting a certain target of standing to ensure I hit the reward.  In reality I need to be above my target in case something crops up or we get a week filled with mission types we hate such as defection or interception..

Now it wouldn't feel as much of a chore if the rewards were correctly balanced around 'quick bite size content' and/or the amount of time needed to do them but when I just spent roughly 2 hours getting 3k standing from 8 PoE bounties due to them bugging out and screwing up the mission in the third phase it is anything but fun.  To put it into context in the considerably less time I could do 3 other missions and get 9k from them (onslaught, eximus and 500 kills), not to mention I could do them all in one mission.  Then there are some missions which are timegated such as simaris scans meaning you can't 'get them out of the way' in one day so you can have fun doing the things you actually enjoy doing for the rest of the week...

Then there's the whole issue of not being able to get more than one of any reward so we have a 2 month wait to get another one (I've seen no mention of any way to get a second umbral forma for example) so if for example you wanted to put umbral forma on more than one frame you need to wait 2 months each time...there's 30+ frames and while I'm not saying we'll do all the frames, some might do or put more than one umbral forma on a frame and that would take 5+ YEARS if things stay the same...then there's weapons too. 

While the new system might be better (in theory) for those who couldn't get on when the alert was active it really impacts time available to do the things you want to do if you only play for limited time each day due to real world commitments, I'd also argue it's overall a much slower system and creds with their limited allowance per cycel are designed to push players to plat too.

Edited by LSG501

12 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Ok dude. You keep on thinking WF is an MMO. tenor.gif

Even if it doesn't technically qualify as an MMO (since the players aren't on the same server)…

It's still a multiplayer game.

I say this as a solo player even.

14 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's CAN be a  multiplayer game.

FTFY.

Its still more of a PvE online horde shooter and less of a Massive Multiplayer Online game. I've played MMOs, still play MMOs, Warframe is no MMO. There are some MMO elements. But that doesn't make it an MMO. 

Now that that's said I think we've spent long enough off topic. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

FTFY.

Its still more of a PvE online horde shooter and less of a Massive Multiplayer Online game. I've played MMOs, still play MMOs, Warframe is no MMO. There are some MMO elements. But that doesn't make it an MMO

Now that that's said I think we've spent long enough off topic. 

If you want a definition of warframe, it is a CLS.. a Cooperative Looter Shooter but you can replace "shooter" with beat em up because melee are more powerful than guns in this game. in WOW there are(were) expansions with more hard enemies, here instead you get more powerful mods but the same enemies.

Edited by bibmobello

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Players don't mind doing missions for rewards, we used to do that with the old rewards system but the approach that nightwave is using is too forced, you only need to look at the feedback so far to see that they've gone wrong with this in a lot of players opinions. 

How is any of this forced? Honestly. People have complained for years that once a new gamemode is added its dead within 2 months due to lack of content for it. Well now there’s a reason to go back to all the content because they all tie together to the same rewards. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

How is any of this forced? Honestly. People have complained for years that once a new gamemode is added its dead within 2 months due to lack of content for it. Well now there’s a reason to go back to all the content because they all tie together to the same rewards. 

See a few posts up...

Also going back to do the same content because we have to for thie new game mode doesn't change the fact that we left if for a reason or anything, it's a forced participation of a part of the game that a player has chosen is not something they want to do. 

I haven't done eidolons for got to be a year now, I just don't enjoy them, now with this update if I want my 5k standing (which most high level players will do because we want the umbra forma) I have to go through the entire 3 stages of eidolons even though I have zero interest in doing it, not to mention hoping I don't get caught by one the bugs that I keep seeing mentioned..

I'm more concerned with why people are upset over having to do tasks that you got a week to do...an entire 7 days...just stretch out how much of the task you do at a time..no need to spam 9 invasions, back to back.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Not sure about you, but there are people out there playing video games to have fun.

Being forced into unfun, buggy, tedious and boring tasks is NOT fun. That's why we complain.

Make the majority of challenges (to only reach rank 30) via natural progression and doable in missions we already play and enjoy, noone would bat an eye.

This! Why is it so hard to comprehend that people just want fun content, instead of unpaid jobs?

• Like 2

Il y a 10 heures, SilentMobius a dit :

Which is, again, one weekly challenge in a 10 week event? Wow, such harsh locking.