Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Reputation Math to get to 30

UnbiasedOne

Hey everyone,

Here's some math around how much grind we can expect to see with this new alert system. Sorry for formatting, on mobile. 

Assumptions;

The amount of rep is constant and set at 10000 per level

The daily and weekly income does not change.

Total rep rewards will stay constant (3 elite weeklies, 7 weeklies, 7 dailys)

Here's the math:

Total rep required to level 30: 300,000

Total rep if you do all milestones ; 43,000

Of that rep:

Weekly elite rep: 15,000

Weekly rep: 21,000

Daily rep: 7,000

The math is then simple, but here are some situations for your reference. This is time required to get to 30:

Do all milestones all the time: 7 weeks

Do all weeklies, but only 4 dailys: 8 weeks

Do all weeklies, but no daily: 9 weeks

Don't do annoying weeklies (aka invasion or cetus) : 9 weeks

Do half the dailys and no annoying weeklies: 9 weeks

Can't do elite quests (aka sortie, trilodon) : 11 weeks

Tldr, make sure you do your weeklies, dailys are not as important.  If wolf is only going to be 10 weeks long. It is possible to do it with just the weeklies complete. Which is great I think. Someone please check my math and I will update if inaccurate. Don't want to ruin the event with a typo in excel. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, UnbiasedOne said:

Can't do elite quests (aka sortie, trilodon) : 11 weeks 

Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact DE have said 10 week cycles... either way I still feel 7 weeks of 'forced' grind is excessive.

From a personal perspective I think they need more daily missions and they need to rebalance some of the requirements for 3k and 5k rewards.  As it stands now it's essentially a 'forced' weekly grind if you want anything.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact DE have said 10 week cycles... either way I still feel 7 weeks of 'forced' grind is excessive.

From a personal perspective I think they need more daily missions and they need to rebalance some of the requirements for 3k and 5k rewards.  As it stands now it's essentially a 'forced' weekly grind if you want anything.

Oh no. Game Developers want people to actually play their game and gives rewards for us actually participating in the content? What an twisted, evil world we live in.

• Like 8

So after you Rank to 30 you can prestige the Ranks to get more wolf credit. My Question is do you get then each rank wolf credits that would greatly increase the number of possible wolf credits you can earn because the 300 up too rank 30 are way to few. But that would disadvantage new Players who need the most from the rewards for example the aura mods.

55 minutes ago, UnbiasedOne said:

If wolf is only going to be 10 weeks long. 

32 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact DE have said 10 week cycles

Just remember, there is no way these cycles are going to stay ten weeks, not with DE's development cycle. I remember when Syntheses targets were supposed to be regular seasons. I remember when Sorties were supposed to regular seasons

23 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh no. Game Developers want people to actually play their game and gives rewards for us actually participating in the content? What an twisted, evil world we live in.

Players don't mind doing missions for rewards, we used to do that with the old rewards system but the approach that nightwave is using is too forced, you only need to look at the feedback so far to see that they've gone wrong with this in a lot of players opinions. 

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Just remember, there is no way these cycles are going to stay ten weeks, not with DE's development cycle. I remember when Syntheses targets were supposed to be regular seasons. I remember when Sorties were supposed to regular seasons 

Well if it's like baro it will be the same stuff cycled round and round with just one new item, likely stuck at day 30....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, UnbiasedOne said:

tldc 0 weeks

forgot to put "too long dont care"

honestly with stats like this its just another system thats gonna get ignored. The fact i have to fish in public matches because fish dont appear in friends and solo has me just logging off and going to play something else...

and were talking about fishing were i can just aim and click... the game is getting to the point where they have to pander to tall the free loading players that dont invest platinum, so the model is slowly becoming "make the grind really suck but not so much they call us out and say it sucks but just enough so that the adults with credit cards buy platinum."

Edited by Dabnician
  • Like 1

+50 for Convicts as well.  Those could potentially add up quickly to compensate for missed milestones. 20 Convicts = 1 Daily.  I guess the question comes on how often do you see these.  I think i had 2 groups in an hour. So 6 convicts right there. 

From all the posts ive read, this is highly overlooked.  Would like to see more data on these guys in terms of odds of showing uo and whatnot. 

Or don't do it all which is my plan, I already care very little for this entire change and would rather have the old alerts back even if its pure RNG trash you have to fight through to get the stuff you are after at least it didn't feel like a chore. One plays a game to have fun, not to have it feel work and Nightwave feels like work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Or don't do it all which is my plan, I already care very little for this entire change and would rather have the old alerts back even if its pure RNG trash you have to fight through to get the stuff you are after at least it didn't feel like a chore. One plays a game to have fun, not to have it feel work and Nightwave feels like work.

It didn't feel like a chore to get pieces of Vauban? The one alt helmet for the frame you like?

If you see the things like "kill 500 enemies" as a burdensome chore, what exactly do you do in the game that this type of thing wasn't already getting done?

• Like 3

Thanks OP for taking the time to do the math for us lazy people. I'm glad to know that I don't have to stress about missing a day or two, and I can just relax and enjoy the game and get cool rewards along the way.

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

It didn't feel like a chore to get pieces of Vauban? The one alt helmet for the frame you like?

If you see the things like "kill 500 enemies" as a burdensome chore, what exactly do you do in the game that this type of thing wasn't already getting done?

Yeah, I'm kind of scratching my head at this too. People are upset about these daily/weekly missions and a lot of them you don't even have to go out of your way to complete. Just play the game and watch the checklist complete itself. I have a few that are out of my normal scope (like scanning targets for cephalon) so I just wont do those ones, no big deal. I'm trying, but really struggling to see the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

I'm mastery rank 26 been playing Warframe since 2013 I've collected all that was available from alerts long before this update was even a thing I have zero need for wolf credits (which by the way have a limited life span) I have a stockpile of blue/gold taters in the 100's range, this is how I feel on umbral forma and I really don't feel like grinding through yet another damn tiered reward system. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

So solo players are SOL,

I can't express how disappointing this is. Especially as the sortie challenge simply has a dumb "+1 warm body" requirement

It’s kinda funny. I wandered into recruiting chat, “Wanna defeat Sortie with the power of friendship?” got recruited into a squad of cheerful randos, we officially told the game that we are big friends (for tax purposes) and did Sortie. Sortie 3 Spy mission, no stealth ‘frames, random squad...complete success.

Lads...I dunno if this is building community, is what I’m getting at.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Well that cuts out a fair amount of players.

It does.  Although the Eximus one is doable quite easily in ESO.  One round to wave 4-5 was enough for me.

I think they could JUST barely get it if they do one of the three every week.

8 minutes ago, UnbiasedOne said:

It does.  Although the Eximus one is doable quite easily in ESO.  One round to wave 4-5 was enough for me.

I think they could JUST barely get it if they do one of the three every week.

this is true but it does still leave a sour taste in the mouth. The amount of points given to the higher difficulty doesn't feel entirely off set by lower easier requests. I get that that is the point but to know players who don't have the skill or time to handle the tougher challenges feels a bit one sided.

5 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

not really.

almost everyone does sorties

Eximus aren't hard to find

and you can easily pub a hydolyst 

I don't know anyone who does sorties regularly. They are just kind of there if you want to maybe get a riven, but otherwise they are just mhe.

This point is true. They are pretty abundant so if you go with the right missions and can play the amount of time required to kill (I think its 500 of them?) then sure. Not too bad.

Mhe depends on your Pub. As of late (before the update) people would quit after the Teralyst but then again I have yet to try it as of the Wolf update going live.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

this is true but it does still leave a sour taste in the mouth. The amount of points given to the higher difficulty doesn't feel entirely off set by lower easier requests. I get that that is the point but to know players who don't have the skill or time to handle the tougher challenges feels a bit one sided.

I don't know anyone who does sorties regularly. They are just kind of there if you want to maybe get a riven, but otherwise they are just mhe.

This point is true. They are pretty abundant so if you go with the right missions and can play the amount of time required to kill (I think its 500 of them?) then sure. Not too bad.

Mhe depends on your Pub. As of late (before the update) people would quit after the Teralyst but then again I have yet to try it as of the Wolf update going live.

your also hinging on all the the elite missions being exactly the same?