Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Idea of removing sprint button...

Terezmo

5 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

I'm yet to see a Volt that can outrun me.

And I'm giving them a headstart by spending time to backflip out of their speed buff.

Perhaps you met bad volt that doesn't utilize slide, jump and roll. 

Unless you're using nyx arcane menticide helmet with bullet jump mod I don't see how.

But maybe there's still something I've yet to learn.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

4 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

And we're back to my original question: what purpose does sprint serve now?

Sprinting builds up momentum for the next movement.

You can slide further while sprinting.

You can roll further while sprinting.

You can bullet jump further while sprinting.

You can become a blender with polearm while sprinting.

You can close a small gap by sprinting. 

31 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Sprinting builds up momentum for the next movement.

You can slide further while sprinting.

You can roll further while sprinting.

You can bullet jump further while sprinting.

You can become a blender with polearm while sprinting.

You can close a small gap by sprinting. 

Slide and roll - fair enough. Though I still would argue that they benefin more from a bullet jump momentum.

Bullet jump gets no benefits from sprinting whatsoever. From all my bulletjumping experience (including playing as Volt) I can say that it has its own independent momentum, affected only by Titania's passive and mods.

Sprinting has nothing to do with polearm blender. Polearms benefit from Volt's buff specifically, but not from sprinting.

Small gaps - eh, I'll give you this one. Although, slide and bullet jump have this covered as well.

Edited by WindigoTG

7 hours ago, Terezmo said:

For controllers however, at least players don't have to click on the left analog stick to activate sprint.

Outer ring binding, yo. When I push the analog stick all the way to the edge, Steam Controller 'presses' shift to make me sprint. Basically what Steve talked about implementing directly into the game, and yes, it is much more convenient (though I still have the dodge action bound to a button, so it's just a matter of not having to hold a button for no good reason rather than completely eliminating a binding).

5 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Set Sprint to Toggle then. There's absolutely no need to remove functionality for automatic processes like this. Just like their idea to remove manual blocking.

Setting sprint to toggle isn't a perfect solution as some functionality ingame is tied to being able to sprint and unsprint quickly or else feel clunky. Take archwing and skywing for example, using toggle sprint with any of these two feels awful, so does k-drive.

17 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

17 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Slide and roll - fair enough. Though I still would argue that they benefin more from a bullet jump momentum.

Bullet jump gets no benefits from sprinting whatsoever. From all my bulletjumping experience (including playing as Volt) I can say that it has its own independent momentum, affected only by Titania's passive and mods.

Sprinting has nothing to do with polearm blender. Polearms benefit from Volt's buff specifically, but not from sprinting.

Small gaps - eh, I'll give you this one. Although, slide and bullet jump have this covered as well.

Polearms are actually able to quick attack while sprinting unlike other weapons (idk if any other weapons can do this, maybe single swords and nikana quick attacks) although quick attacks are gonna be removed anyway for full combos in melee 2.9 so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, birdobash said:

Polearms are actually able to quick attack while sprinting unlike other weapons (idk if any other weapons can do this, maybe single swords and nikana quick attacks) although quick attacks are gonna be removed anyway for full combos in melee 2.9 so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, I'm not a regular polearm user, so I admit, I may be wrong about them. Come to think of it, quick attack with polearm is indeed very defferent from attacks provided by a stance.

As a nikana user, though, I can say for sure that is does not have a sprinting quick attack, it uses the basic combo from a stance for a quick attack. Same goes for a number of weapon types I use.

So yeah, looks like polearms do indeed benefit from sprint.

5 hours ago, Vanille said:

Instead of killing it, default should be sprint instead of walking, and let people decide if they wanna walk or not. Win-win?

Best idea and that is what World of Warcraft had and made sense.

1 hour ago, birdobash said:

Setting sprint to toggle isn't a perfect solution as some functionality ingame is tied to being able to sprint and unsprint quickly or else feel clunky. Take archwing and skywing for example, using toggle sprint with any of these two feels awful, so does k-drive.

Ill give you Arch/Skywing, it feels moderately awkward on a controller using toggle sprint, though you're still able to aim and shoot anyways. Though, Archwing in general feels weird on a controller because you can't even properly do maneuvers ( "flips" ) like you can on kb+m. 

But K-Drive? Eh, disagree. It feels as okay as it can be on a controller.

Regardless, with both of those points brought up, I can't see how removing sprint would make it any better. There isn't always a need to go maximum fast, Sanic. And it would look/feel amateurish, even more than how we can't currently walk like you can on controller, outside of relays.

11 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

And we're back to my original question: what purpose does sprint serve now?

To move faster. That's not hard to understand. Furthermore, it shouldn't be removed just because you don't use it. Try to think about someone other than yourself for once.

10 hours ago, birdobash said:

How is removing the sprint button and forcing everyone to always sprint a perfect solution?

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

13 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

I always advocate more options in games, pretty much no matter the situation. The more control the players have over how to play the game, the more of them will be satisfied with it. And basically the only downside is that more options means more work for the devs. So instead of completely removing everything but sprinting, adding an "always sprint" option would be much better.

Having more varied control over your movement speed is good, especially with how fast some frames can sprint. Being stuck either at crazy fast sprinting, or super slow aiming/crouching speed with no middle ground would be awful.

The Division 2 just added an auto-parkour mode so that you never have to manually vault using an input. It's completely optional and can be toggled on/off.

Having an auto-sprint in Warframe should work similarly so that player can easily toggle it as needed.