Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So apparently semlar's riven price tracker was nuked

Autongnosis

6 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

... How did that even happen (and why)? He was doing nothing more than price tracking. Is that a basis to get an account banned? I am really uncomfortable with some of the potential implications of the whole ordeal.

Also, i have wandered upon this:

1.png 

Just... What? 

Oh dear.   The insidious reach of the Illuminati has spread even to my lolspaceninjawizard game.

The dude in the quote is actually pretty funny.  He's hamming it up just like an  an old school villain detailing his nefarious scheme at the climax of a Bond movie.  If I was going to guess, I'd say he has little or nothing to do with it.

Regardless, I hope this gets fixed and quickly.

[ insert secret sign here ]

3 hours ago, rune_me said:

Well guess there's a riven cartel in Warframe now. 

There's always been a cartel.  Frankly this is disgusting and DE needs to look into it again because they made a really bad move here.  No.... this is really about a few groups that like to scam the beejezes out of newish player in the in game chat, these same people moaned about other websites where you can go check and put items for sale, like the warframe market as they then have a harder time to sell something for 1000p when you can easily get it for 250p average price..if you know about the market.

This is more about a certain few groups that are afraid to lose their phat scammer profits and even possibly afraid word will get out on them. 

Can't believe DE assisted these people in an unwarranted witch hunt which was done purely for personal reasons...cant let others use what they routinely use heh.

Edited by Calistin
grammar
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Echoes said:

^Well, that happened 4 hours ago at least. I would want to read some actual information by DE stance.

If there is one thing that DE has made clear over the years, it's that things like bans are never aired to the playerbase from DE. They just do not comment on it (also why there's a don't name and shame rule on the forum). If they do ban this guy, we won't hear of it.

il y a 40 minutes, Chappie1975 a dit :

Expecting a perfect system on day one is illogical because all systems are made by humans who are flawed and illogical.   Give somebody an axe and they will find a way to cut down a tree even if behind a fence, river, and in concrete building if they really want to.  Thus statements like "should be allowed to happen ever" is a bit unfair.   

You make a system...somebody messes with it...you make the system better.   My guess that is why Rebecca responded so qiuckly because social engineering attacks are far more powerful than "direct hacking".

I agree, but considering the report and moderation system is now at the very least 5 years old i expected it not to be able to be guiled easily. Mostly tho i was a bit tipsy considering all the S#&$storm that's flying around the chat moderation program. 

In fact the whole topic is not an accusation, more a "what? This could happen?". 

I do appreciate that Rebecca answered pretty fast, even with the timezones being a bit misaligned. 

il y a 23 minutes, rune_me a dit :

If there is one thing that DE has made clear over the years, it's that things like bans are never aired to the playerbase from DE. They just do not comment on it (also why there's a don't name and shame rule on the forum). If they do ban this guy, we won't hear of it.

All the better for it to be honest. Public hanging places do not really belong in a gaming community. 

Traders weren't fine with something that HELPED riven trading? What kind of goddamn traders are that? Semlar helped you atleast partially know what you were dealing with when it came to riven trading and now he gets punished for it? Like what the hell is wrong with these people? It's like these "traders" that didn't like Semlar's work just want to overprice rivens and scam people out of their platinum. They wanted the riven market to be the stone age, they'll get it now because I'm sure this will stain the views of a lot of people towards riven trading and steer them the hell away. Like this now people are better off trying their luck getting and rolling rivens instead even more.

GG mentioned "traders", you ruined the helper of the riven market and devolved riven trading into a cesspit of cavemen and scam-a-lots. Hope you're proud of yourselves.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

All the better for it to be honest. Public hanging places do not really belong in a gaming community. 

Yeah I agree. At the end of the day, our only connection to this person is that he said something that made most of us mad. 

17 minutes ago, DivineSaintess said:

Traders weren't fine with something that HELPED riven trading? What kind of goddamn traders are that? Semlar helped you atleast partially know what you were dealing with when it came to riven trading and now he gets punished for it? Like what the hell is wrong with these people? It's like these "traders" that didn't like Semlar's work just want to overprice rivens and scam people out of their platinum. They wanted the riven market to be the stone age, they'll get it now because I'm sure this will stain the views of a lot of people towards riven trading and steer them the hell away. Like this now people are better off trying their luck getting and rolling rivens instead even more.

GG mentioned "traders", you ruined the helper of the riven market and devolved riven trading into a cesspit of cavemen and scam-a-lots. Hope you're proud of yourselves.

It helped trading for the masses, not the upper elite.

Free market brings prices down, so they're working to try and kill it.

• Like 3

il y a 23 minutes, DivineSaintess a dit :

It actually made trading easier, thus making scamming harder. The people behind this are scammers, not traders. They rely on witheld information or on gullible people to buy short and sell long. 

il y a 4 minutes, Loza03 a dit :

It helped trading for the masses, not the upper elite.

Free market brings prices down, so they're working to try and kill it.

Precisely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chappie1975 said:

Pretty sure how they got away with this is to socially manipulate DE staff not in canada based upon Reb's "non-english" comment.   

most(if not all) support staff does reside in canada. there are people in canada who can speak foreign languages after all. 

i think the only people deserving to be banned are the  frustrated people trying to become the new Magnate of Warframe when the real point of an ACTION game should be to have fun and challenges...

If i wanna have fun with trading i just sell stuff on ebay...

Edited by bibmobello

what the heck? did it got resolved?! o_O

i am absolutely disgusted by this dude. he's litterally trying to keep the prices high and ruins someone's else efforts to make a more clear market... WHAT THE #*!%?!  i really hope Rebecca does something about this...

And that this little f***boi get banned, for trying to get something that HELPS the community down, because of greed. we already have EA, Bethesda and Activision for that. we don't need mafia players too...

i'm definitely going to keep an eye on this topic, and hope that the guy who made Semlar account banned get permabanned. forever.

Edited by mikakor