Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So apparently semlar's riven price tracker was nuked

Autongnosis

il y a 8 minutes, Lun337 a dit :

It's 21th century and still people get their way preaching obscurantism. This is the at the same level imo than anti-vaxers, global warming deniers, flat earth society, creationists and so on. I hope for official clarifications from [DE] as this goes deeper than a simple ban, given the amount of reactions it already caused.

Obscurantism will sadly keep existing in a world where people are gullible enough to believe anything told to them by higher ups.

• Like 2

The thing that worries me, more than the attempt at shutting down semlar which is nithing surprising to be honest, is the ban going through. For starters, how can you even force a ban on someone is beyond me. On top of that, if it's an autoban i can understand, but if it isn't? And if it's an autoban, it definitely should be reversed soon, right? 

2 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

The thing that worries me, more than the attempt at shutting down semlar which is nithing surprising to be honest, is the ban going through. For starters, how can you even force a ban on someone is beyond me. On top of that, if it's an autoban i can understand, but if it isn't? And if it's an autoban, it definitely should be reversed soon, right? 

Hear Hear!

1 hour ago, failedtodiet said:

What is this? mafia is now playing Warframe?

*approaches wearing trenchcoat holding Stradavar and talks in an Italian-American Accent*

*This is our turf, you can't be selling Riven mods here, capiche? next time I'm gonna have to tell the boss, and he ain't gonna be too happy 'bout this."

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

This is a greedy player who wants new players to not know what rivens are worth so they can rip them off. Whoever approved the ban should be ashamed of themselves. The person who instigated this should be banned.

This. I'm actually furious about this, Semlar is a convenience which helps buyers to know whats available and find the best prices, the only people it inconveniences is sellers who want to overcharge. I use it, I've introduced my clan members to it and many of them use it now. The bot helped to make trading better for the buyers, and it really only hurt asshats. I hope this decision gets reversed, I'm very unhappy about this.

Quote from Reb on reddit:

Zitat

This is the first I'm hearing of it, I just looked through whatever I could find history wise and... none of it is in English. Sadly I have to wait for the office to open up in a couple hours. I or someone on the team will find out more then.

• Like 3

Oh look, another kiddo being a tough guy over the Internet. Does he think he's with the f*cking mafia or something?

Anyway, I sure hope DE recognizes the mistake and repeals the ban. Chat parser bots shouldn't be forbidden.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Semlar.com/trade watched multiple region chat servers simultaneously with a ~1 minute delay and posted any Riven linked in any of those selected chats. To be honest, I don't really care if it exists or not.

this if you are looking for a specific riven and or trying to sell at market value his site was one off the best resources.  I often used it for doing fair trades or when trying to get the most for a riven.  but without his site a newb trader will jsut get scammed in the market.  I actually wish it tracked more than just rivens as it clears old stuff and gives a more up to date market trend for a specific riven.  If you could do this with Warframe.market than the sight would improve fold as there is a lot of old stuff and weird outliers left on the sight.  

"You're trying to discourage me from continuing my work?"

"Indeed"

Like they actually have any power to do anything to stop anyone from doing anything, good god the sheer audacity of of somebody doing this is just sad.

Maybe its just me but if I were in any position like this I'd never stop fighting against this (or these) people out of sheer spite.

6 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

really want to summoning . . .DE if possible @[DE]Rebecca

Rebecca already responded to the reddit post, this happened very recently and I expect we'll hear more from DE soon:

[DE]Rebecca221 points·4 hours ago
award-gold-cartoon.png

This is the first I'm hearing of it, I just looked through whatever I could find history wise and... none of it is in English. Sadly I have to wait for the office to open up in a couple hours. I or someone on the team will find out more then.

Edited by Valkyr-Umbra
  • Like 1

Just now, Valkyr-Umbra said:

Rebecca already responded to the reddit post:

[DE]Rebecca221 points·4 hours ago
award-gold-cartoon.png

Thanks for info 😄

This is honestly hilarious, I have confidence that it will be resolved so all we will be left with is the thought of "Riven Traders" in Warframe being a video-game equivalent to a mafia.

This is absolute gold. For one, next time you see a self proclaimed "Riven Trader" call for pity you know they won't get anything (people who invest in slot machines should not get pity anyway IMO, but this just furthers that). Then there is the idea that people like this actually exist in the world, there is no better ego boost than knowing that there are people out there even more pathetic than you. And finally we of course get to see people who think they are powerful get smacked down into their place.

My day has been made, thank you Riven Mafia, you gave me a good laugh.

il y a 1 minute, Chappie1975 a dit :

Pretty sure how they got away with this is to socially manipulate DE staff not in canada based upon Reb's "non-english" comment.   

That's my impression as well, or they managed to play the autoban system by spammong reports maybe? To be honest i hope it's the second, because to be able to manipulate a staffer, even if not from the "main team", into banning an account is not something that should be allowed to happen ever. 

il y a 8 minutes, DrBorris a dit :

This is honestly hilarious, I have confidence that it will be resolved so all we will be left with is the thought of "Riven Traders" in Warframe being a video-game equivalent to a mafia.

This is absolute gold. For one, next time you see a self proclaimed "Riven Trader" call for pity you know they won't get anything (people who invest in slot machines should not get pity anyway IMO, but this just furthers that). Then there is the idea that people like this actually exist in the world, there is no better ego boost than knowing that there are people out there even more pathetic than you. And finally we of course get to see people who think they are powerful get smacked down into their place.

My day has been made, thank you Riven Mafia, you gave me a good laugh.

The problem is, these situations shouldn't even be happening in the first place if the support staff actually read the reports.

Honestly, it disgusts me that people can get away with underhanded tactics such as this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

That's my impression as well, or they managed to play the autoban system by spammong reports maybe? To be honest i hope it's the second, because to be able to manipulate a staffer, even if not from the "main team", into banning an account is not something that should be allowed to happen ever. 

Expecting a perfect system on day one is illogical because all systems are made by humans who are flawed and illogical.   Give somebody an axe and they will find a way to cut down a tree even if behind a fence, river, and in concrete building if they really want to.  Thus statements like "should be allowed to happen ever" is a bit unfair.   

You make a system...somebody messes with it...you make the system better.   My guess that is why Rebecca responded so qiuckly because social engineering attacks are far more powerful than "direct hacking".