Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So apparently semlar's riven price tracker was nuked

Autongnosis

... How did that even happen (and why)? He was doing nothing more than price tracking. Is that a basis to get an account banned? I am really uncomfortable with some of the potential implications of the whole ordeal.

Also, i have wandered upon this:

1.png 

Just... What? 

• Like 3

I would redirect to the Reddit post. From what I gathered, the person in question wanted to go back to before bots were used for Riven trading. It is kind of odd though, and I rather stay away from unnecessary drama. You can still trade for Rivens without issue, just without a 3rd party bot showing you multiple regions of the chat server at once.

Edited by Voltage

So this guy is a random player and he got someone to get banned ? Does he have contacts in DE who obeyed blindly ?

I don't care about Rivens or Trading (so Riven Trading... :laugh:), but damn this seems so out of touch. If any, those so-called "Riven Traders illuminati" should be banned, not people providing a useful website that collects information.

• Like 2

il y a 16 minutes, Voltage a dit :

I would redirect to the Reddit post. From what I gathered, the person in question wanted to go back to before bots were used for Riven trading. It is kind of odd though, and I rather stay away from unnecessary drama. You can still trade for Rivens without issue, just without a 3rd party bot showing you multiple regions of the chat server at once.

I'd rather stay away too, but seriously, who appreoved the ban? Also, as far as I know semlar just tracked riven sales, it didn't give acces to multiple region chats. Am i mistaken? 

il y a 8 minutes, Husla a dit :

You can use bots to trade now, wtf. How long has that been a thing for? I stopped trading last year after raids went. So i've not known market for awhile

Not that i know, comes as a surprise to me too. 

3 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Also, as far as I know semlar just tracked riven sales, it didn't give acces to multiple region chats. Am i mistaken? 

Semlar.com/trade watched multiple region chat servers simultaneously with a ~1 minute delay and posted any Riven linked in any of those selected chats. To be honest, I don't really care if it exists or not.

Edited by Voltage

This is unfortunate, granted im.not fully aware of what the bot did or may have done but im all for open source market information. 

What the person who instigated the ban seems to want is LESS information to flow freely. 

This could lead to easily manipulated market value.

• Like 3

as usual, Political Correctness and #Positivity allows people to manipulate the world in malicious ways - able to perform those malicious actions (such as collusion&conspiracy against other users, as is the case in this situation) at the expense of others who have not done anything wrong.

why am i not surprised.

23 minutes ago, Husla said:

You can use bots to trade now, wtf.

most certainly not. any and all robots that people have tor Trading, is just documenting what is said in Trade Chat. nothing more.
the other aspects of Trading still requires the Player (to arrange a Trade, and actually do the Trade). these robots only increase exposure of what people post, so that finding the Buyer/Seller that either side of the fence is looking for, is easier.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

The guy who got his bots banned clearly doesn't know one of the first rules of the internet. trying to make something go away only makes it come back stronger.

by banning him and then claiming responsibility he only created drama, drama brings attention, attention gets the word out about the the thing hes trying to stop.

Now that I know this is a thing, im going to be keeping my eye on it for when it comes back, because even if semlars doesn't continue the project, someone else will make something similar and ill use that instead.

• Like 6

That looked like a wonderfull idea from Semlar to dev this bot. But I'm not sure to understand how he got banned. As far as I know bots aren't forbidden because we can see warframe.market wich has been using a bot for years. So I think what is forbidden is "making logs of an IG chat and use them" and so getting a lot of datas that could be compared to personal datas ? If that's something like that it will never work on many regions like europe since you have to ask people if they allow this personnally.
Anyway I don't think that's some people on reddit or whatever who made this bot to get banned. I'm sure it needs to be discussed with him and DE.

35 minutes ago, Jivy said:

bots? isnt that illegal?

Not what you think. There are Discord bots maintained by people who are regular traders. They're basically helping create a market.

Edit:

• In Semlar's case it might've meant that there's a bot recording the prices from trade chat. Not quite the same.
  • Also: always great to have people like that one: if it's true, not only did they have to be a destructive little A******1), but they also had to go and gloat about it.

1) I'm not usually doing this but I think this is one of the rare cases where it's deserved. Mod me if you must.

Edit 2:

Actually, seeing as that person is so against bots and having a stable market, let me just take this opportunity in this thread to advertise Folren's Riven Discord server, which has been a tremendous help to me, just as Semlar's site has.

Edited by Kontrollo

and ofc people who do nothing but rip players off with extremely overinflated riven prices wouldnt want anything like this. just like the clans that promote and "respect" their members if they happen to be good at ripping people off that way. oh well, lets hope de stops this nonsense and unbans the guy and lets him do his project.

It's 21th century and still people get their way preaching obscurantism. This is the at the same level imo than anti-vaxers, global warming deniers, flat earth society, creationists and so on. I hope for official clarifications from [DE] as this goes deeper than a simple ban, given the amount of reactions it already caused.

1 minute ago, Lun337 said:

It's 21th century and still people get their way preaching obscurantism. This is the at the same level imo than anti-vaxers, global warming deniers, flat earth society, creationists and so on. I hope for official clarifications from [DE] as this goes deeper than a simple ban, given the amount of reactions it already caused.

Completely agree.

• Like 1