Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Umbra still can't be healed with Magus Repair...

Raskol

...while it can be with Magus Elevate.

Its very annoying since i switched to 2x Repair which is just wonderful on every other frame

Always when i feel like playing Excal i forget about it and since i dont have any other means to heal myself (especially put grace on him, but it not so good) he feels too squishy for me, even tho he isnt lol. After a game or 2 i throw him into the back of my arsenal for another couple of months which is just sad...

This bug has been ther since Fortuna and yes, this is a bug cause 1 arcane works and the other doesnt. If both didnt work due to lore or whatever id be ok with that. Its most likely caused by the specter-like behaviour.

Idk how to make DE look into that cause i did make a thread in bug report forum some time ago. Should i spam it there everyday? XD

Edited by Raskolnikow
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

How about using Life Strike or Healing Return? They do work on his exalted waves.

I could but thats not rly the point

Rather one arcane working and the other not

Got used to jumping into void mode when my hp is low

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

The one time you get that good feeling as a Vazarin player who can heal anything, wherever, whenever. Back to full HP

Ye, thats some way around it. I always use it in kuva surv so i have no problem bringing Excal there but in other non-defensive missions its not rly useful

On the other hand what is... some energy? with energize thats not a problem either. I could play some more with vazarin but then again whats the point of magus repair 

58 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Ye, thats some way around it. I always use it in kuva surv so i have no problem bringing Excal there but in other non-defensive missions its not rly useful

On the other hand what is... some energy? with energize thats not a problem either. I could play some more with vazarin but then again whats the point of magus repair 

I mean you just answered your question, vazarin in terms of healing is the best healing in the game. You can not only heal frames and other operators, but most Objectives as well

Edited by Whitestrake0

Without recommending vazarin or life strike as a bandage to an obvious problem, I agree with the OP that this is still a issue and it needs to be fixed. Enemies attack, I take damage, I transfer out into void mode, and they immediately stop. This happens like 9/10 and it's really frustrating because I even drop off Umbra in bad positions such as surrounded by infested or within kissing distance of a heavy gunner and still they don't kill him so that Magus Repair can do it's thing. Added with Umbra immediately casting his 2 or 3 when you transfer out of him and it can take so long for enemies to kill him that you literally run out of energy while hiding in void mode even, with zenurik's max energy boost. What usually happens next is that your operator gets killed, you transfer back into Umbra with the same health (or less even, depending on whether another enemy walked by and shot Umbra a few times while you were out) with transference static, and then you die.

You will be lucky if you can get Umbra killed and at that point you might as well go make a sandwich while you wait.

I would say Magus Repair is a waste on Umbra about 70% of the time, and "just use Magus X instead" is also a bandage answer. What will actually work is getting rid of the sentience part of Umbra's passive. That will simultaneously fix the problem with him and Magus Repair since he won't be considered a specter anymore, as well as tone down the use of Magus Repair itself since Umbra does not take any evasive maneuvers when getting gunned down (while you suffer the consequences).

It's allow Magus Repair to work on Umbra and remove his sentience (cause DE doesn't want AFK play) or Magus Repair doesn't work on Umbra and he keeps his sentience. Considering the main lore part about Umbra is his sentience, Magus Repair will continue not to work on Umbra. There might be an option to toggle Umbra's sentience to enable/disable Magus Repair usage.

39 minutes ago, Deifrost said:

This has gotta be a bug, and i hope DE fixes it. Meanwhile, Magus Nourish works on Umbra. Its a lot slower but he heals constantly with it. 

double max magus nourishes make for an interesting unkillability (at least at certain levels) if you're void-dashing to knock over enemies while umbra takes charge of dispensing damage. ideally, you've god a thrice-slanted playing field in your favour: you've got excalidad on a constant 50hp/s drip who fights ragdolled grineer dogs who can take damage but can't shoot. if you have a mag on your team to take care of the armour you basically have a power duo-turned-trio, and operators too can go wild in that case (klebrik scaffold). a harrow spamming penance isn't too bad for the situation either

Edited by evilChair

• 2 years later...
On 2019-03-06 at 6:49 AM, Yunjuwo said:

I would say Magus Repair is a waste on Umbra about 70% of the time, and "just use Magus X instead" is also a bandage answer. What will actually work is getting rid of the sentience part of Umbra's passive. That will simultaneously fix the problem with him and Magus Repair since he won't be considered a specter anymore, as well as tone down the use of Magus Repair itself since Umbra does not take any evasive maneuvers when getting gunned down (while you suffer the consequences).

As an operator player who just literally uses Umbra as a specter, do you mean making him immobile like any other warframe, or just fixing how the game registers him when he's a specter?  Having repair work while he's a specter would be fine, removing his unique attribute of fighting with you when you're in operator would be sort of awful to me though.