The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need to talk, DE.

ObviousLee

Also the title probably helped it get moved to General.

Wait a week, and then submit a 'Proposed Zephyr Suggestions' thread in the feedback and try again.  
Bullet point your ideas
Try not to be harsh or accusatory towards DE

See if maybe that gains more tractions, because yeah, they definitely have the technology now to make flying frames work.

• Like 1

Just now, simplygnome said:

Also the title probably helped it get moved to General.

Wait a week, and then submit a 'Proposed Zephyr Suggestions' thread in the feedback and try again.  
Bullet point your ideas
Try not to be harsh or accusatory towards DE

See if maybe that gains more tractions, because yeah, they definitely have the technology now to make flying frames work.

It's a tactic I've tried before with little to no effect, however I might as well considering the circus this thread turned into.

Just now, ObviousLee said:

So because the majority doesn't care the minority shouldn't either? Is that your logic? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking.

The minority can do what they want to do. Everyone has the freedom to express their opinion. 

But if the majority does not follow/sympathise/agree with, etc, significant and constructive discourse will probably not happen. More so when and issue is concluded to be trivial.

Of course that's my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, sleepychewbacca said:

The minority can do what they want to do. Everyone has the freedom to express their opinion. 

But if the majority does not follow/sympathise/agree with, etc, significant and constructive discourse will probably not happen. More so when and issue is concluded to be trivial.

Of course that's my opinion. 

yeh, I can't argue with that. That's been the biggest issue so far, being that the Zephyr community is exceptionally small, and the majority of us have given up on DE listening to what we, the ones who play the frame, have to say.

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

I don't understand where is the problem. They showed his abilities few months ago and he/she/it floated, surely was not flying. 10 pages post to say what?

Because the small community of zephyr players who actually play the frame have been requesting these exact systems for YEARS but she doesn't get them and not one but two frames do. That is the issue.

Just now, ObviousLee said:

yeh, I can't argue with that. That's been the biggest issue so far, being that the Zephyr community is exceptionally small, and the majority of us have given up on DE listening to what we, the ones who play the frame, have to say.

Its also that Zephyr is not new. She doesnt make people work/grind/spend plat anymore, even with flight.

So its more business for DE when they create new frames.
Im SURE theyll get more enhancements at some point, but who know when that will actually be.

1 minute ago, ObviousLee said:

I think simplygnome said it best.   

Give it some time, and restructure this issue into a more persuasive phrased thread. There's no guarantee it'll have an effect, but it might be better than this. Or at least produce some constructive discussion on the topic / why not. 

At some point, it became easy to make fun of this topic, and it derailed very quickly from there. 

• Like 2

Just now, simplygnome said:

Its also that Zephyr is not new. She doesnt make people work/grind/spend plat anymore, even with flight.

So its more business for DE when they create new frames.
Im SURE theyll get more enhancements at some point, but who know when that will actually be.

That's the thing: "eventually" has been a word we toss around a lot. It's why the forums exploded when her prime came up as she was getting a balance pass. iirc zephyr's prime access didn't do well at all, but I'd need hard numbers to nail that one down.

On 2019-03-06 at 6:50 PM, ObviousLee said:

"But Lee! She's super good on the plains and orb valis!"

Which raises a question since Titania gets targeted by Anti Archwing weapons on the Plains ...... does Hyldrin get equally OMGWTFBBQ ROFLSTOMPED by the same AA attacks when she's in hover mode?

Or did they ever actually fix that for Titania? 

• Like 1

Just now, Oreades said:

Which raises a question since Titania gets targeted by Anti Archwing weapons on the Plains ...... does Hyldrin get equally OMGWTFBBQ ROFLSTOMPED by the same AA attacks when she's in hover mode?

Or did they ever actually fix that for Titania? 

I wish I could tell ya. As is my computer has gone the route of toasterdom and as such barely able to play content of the plains and not even able to enter the valis. However, before hand I would also be targetd by AA guns on the plains as Titania, so hopefully they fixed that.

Ad hominems aside, can we all just agree that maybe Zephyr should have a bit more control over tailwind than right now? Even something like a restricted turning-arc where she banks to one side while turning would be pretty awesome to see, and it'll feel more fun to control than the straight-line tailwind we have right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Sylphaeri said:

Ad hominems aside, can we all just agree that maybe Zephyr should have a bit more control over tailwind than right now? Even something like a restricted turning-arc where she banks to one side while turning would be pretty awesome to see, and it'll feel more fun to control than the straight-line tailwind we have right now.

That is something I can definitely get behind as a starting point, sure.

• Like 1

ok this is just too funny not to reply. but first, legit answers.

1-zephyr doesnt have any more anim lock on her 1 after her rework. you can cast tailwind downwards to get out of it, just like before.

2-zephyr's 3 got a slightly longer animation cus it completely eliminates any kind of non melee attack. now rest of her kit is actually usable a slight compensation nerf was needed. and dont tell me it was some "huge" nerf to wait for half a second before casting it, i wont buy it. 

3-zephyr doesnt have flight surfaces, none of her surfaces are shaped or widened properly create lift. none. zero. it matters little (realism in this game lol) but i had to explain it since this never stopped being one of your main arguments. 

ok now, less legit answers.

1-i am an aerospace engineer in training. im building an army of little drones to bomb every oil resevre in the world so nobody is gonna fight over them anymore, and thus, bring world peace.

2-i have expert degree on every military flight simulator programming across the globe. remember that unbeatable planes in the model XI-53? that was my self inserted character.

3-i led the royal airforce in world war 2 into victory by using my time machine that i stole from doctor pilot, who is also secretly, a pilot. 

Edited by Zeclem

oh look i keep getting my post deleted i wonder why, so im going to post again

i fully support this dude, at every single word, and seeing how lately how DE's moderation tends to just dissapear stuff im really getting inclined at DE hondling a grudge/being really aphatic against zephyr

6 minutes ago, Toppien said:

oh look i keep getting my post deleted i wonder why, so im going to post again

i fully support this dude, at every single word, and seeing how lately how DE's moderation tends to just dissapear stuff im really getting inclined at DE hondling a grudge/being really aphatic against zephyr

Thats hilarious! :crylaugh:

I suspect the answer is far more likely to do with people getting far too salty, which the mods tend to deal with fairly swiftly, if its considered unconstructive / off topic / abusive / trolling etc.

It always amuses me just how heated people can get over the most trivial of matters.

• Like 2

hace 1 minuto, FlusteredFerret dijo:

Thats hilarious! :crylaugh:

I suspect the answer is far more likely to do with people getting far too salty, which the mods tend to deal with fairly swiftly, if its considered unconstructive / off topic / abusive / trolling etc.

It always amuses me just how heated people can get over the most trivial of matters.

getting too salty? some people played zephyr since she came out, waited patiently for Years for her to get a rework, hell i was giving my propper feedback along with many others who wanted zephyr to be able to fly even DE asked people in the design council about tailwind, the response was almost unanimous, people wanted zephyr to be able to fly, and to agravate things, most of those ideas were used on other frames instead of zephyr, this is not getting salty for a trivial thing, this is an acumulated grudge from many failures over the years from DE to give zephyr fans what they wanted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toppien said:

getting too salty? some people played zephyr since she came out, waited patiently for Years for her to get a rework, hell i was giving my propper feedback along with many others who wanted zephyr to be able to fly even DE asked people in the design council about tailwind, the response was almost unanimous, people wanted zephyr to be able to fly, and to agravate things, most of those ideas were used on other frames instead of zephyr, this is not getting salty for a trivial thing, this is an acumulated grudge from many failures over the years from DE to give zephyr fans what they wanted.

she can fly. 

2 minutes ago, Toppien said:

in a more controlled way, not like a damn rocket that is almost like a really far jump

and what good is that gonna do for the frame? a good majority of the tilesets arent made for that, it would be just a clunky feature that nobody is gonna be relying on. tail wind at least gets the job of quick movement done.