Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Things DE should consider fixing/reworking

(XBOX)Daikyu4472

Warframe is A free-to-play third-person super space ninja action simulator. Emphasis on free-to-play. I saw that and thought "Wow. A free to play game with good ratings and a solid fan base? I'm all in!"

So I start playing. I enjoyed the hell out of the game, and I tried to get some friends playing. Wasn't easy, as Fortnite is the only thing people seem to care about. So some guys I know start playing. About half quit after getting the market segment. They say, "Ew a pay to win game hell nah". Only then did I start hunting down the flaws that don't keep new players engaged. Here's what I came up with:

1. The market. Most people don't fancy themselves a play to win game. Warframe is free, the weapons are unlock-able via grind, BUT you can buy platinum, use plat, instantly gain a fully constructed weapon that's pre-potatoed and comes with a slot. This is where many people quit. This is because in the market, platinum is the first currency option you are presented with. The blueprint buying option is hidden away in another tab. What Could be done is reworking the market interface so the drop down menu on the left side is fully visible without clicking on it, and presenting more options for earning plat in-game, and make the credit option more approachable in the market.
  2. The foundry. Yes, yes, the foundry is by far the most important feature in the game, blah blah blah, yada yada yada. what needs to be fixed are the construction times. Excalibur Umbra? 10 seconds. Excalibur? 72 god be damned hours. THREE DAYS OF AGONY WATCHING THE THING YOU GRINDED FOR BUILD AT A SNAILS PACE. Or you could, y'know use plat to finish it? Anyone? Hmmm????? What is this, a mobile game? Build times should be cut down to three hours, five hours, tops. 
  3. Archwing. The archwing is a great feature, but there are too few options to use them effectively. With outdated layouts for archwing maps, Stupidly rare mods for them, this kinda ruins the experience. We should be able to use normal mods on these bad-ass jetpacks, as they desperately need a touch up on their makeup
  4. Mods. Mods are powerful and a unique feature among games. However, out of over 500 mods, give or take, only about 150 of them are actually worth applying. Many of them are redundant, the set bonuses not worth it, and tons of grinding involved to rank them up. remove redundant mods; they ruin new player experience, as people think, "I'm not smart enough to do this sh*t". Also, cut back on fusion prices. They cause players to invest too much time and effort into ranking them up, and eventually people lose interest, as primed/sacrificial mods are powerful and eventually needed, but a HUGE commitment to upgrade.

So these are some reasons people don't enjoy Warframe. By current stats, warframe is dead. DE needs to market and advertise more to attract a new fanbase. we also need fresher content, no offense, but a lot of stuff in the game seems to be a rehash of old content. Oh and a last word. Warframe needs to be more new-player friendly. Newbies are overwhelmed by the game's sheer amount of content, so a new UI could be used.

Man, be a shame if you posted this in off-topic where the devs wouldn't be able to see it anyways. I mean, who thinks off-topic is the best place to put feedback.

Also, warframe is far from dead friendo. 

Edited by Sajochi

1 hour ago, (XB1)MasterChief3230 said:

120k monthly players? compared to other games 70 to 80 million players? APEX LEGENDS got 50 million players in a month

Different genres. Plus the number you cited has been steadily growing over the past few years. Someone needs to learn how to read stats. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)MasterChief3230 said:

put it in feedback thanks for the heads up

You poor, poor fool. 

On 2019-03-11 at 6:09 AM, (XB1)MasterChief3230 said:

120k monthly players? compared to other games 70 to 80 million players? APEX LEGENDS got 50 million players in a month

120k players isn’t dead,that’s actually a fair amount of people.Its flawed to compare this game to the cash grabbing cow that is battle royal.Of course a battle royal game is going to have more people because that’s what all the little kids play. I’m glad to have fewer players then to have DE sellout to the worst overused game mode on the planet.

Ok so the OP cant put the BP filter on the market, cant wait for something and are too lazy to gather ressources/mods and try understand some mecanics.

I'm right ?

Just give him all the stuff and all wepons/warframes already with the mods and builds integrated and in three days he will leave because WF is boring and he have nothing to do.😁

Newbie friendly=/=lazy friendly.

And WF is dead? So I must have necrophilic tendencies...💀

3 minutes ago, (XB1)XlOoftheGoof Xl said:

Why can’t he use mega thread?

Not for us to use. Moderators create megathreads.

DE have stated that they're unable to to limit this solely to moderator accounts, and thus we all have access to it. We just aren't supposed to use it.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Not for us to use. Moderators create megathreads.

DE have stated that they're unable to to limit this solely to moderator accounts, and thus we all have access to it. We just aren't supposed to use it.

But WHY can’t we use it?What is the purpose of having it?Im new so I’m still learning about the forums.

1 minute ago, (XB1)XlOoftheGoof Xl said:

But WHY can’t we use it?What is the purpose of having it?Im new so I’m still learning about the forums.

Because... moderators create megathreads?

Megathreads are conglomerations of many other threads on the same subject. Moderators will group them all together, label it a megathread and attempt to keep the discussion in one place to avoid a hundred different threads on the matter.

We, as players, do not have the ability to move threads the same way, and therefore can't really create and maintain megathreads.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Because... moderators create megathreads?

Megathreads are conglomerations of many other threads on the same subject. Moderators will group them all together, label it a megathread and attempt to keep the discussion in one place to avoid a hundred different threads on the matter.

We, as players, do not have the ability to move threads the same way, and therefore can't really create and maintain megathreads.

Thank you for that.That has answered my question.

On 2019-03-10 at 5:37 PM, (XB1)MasterChief3230 said:

Warframe is A free-to-play third-person super space ninja action simulator. Emphasis on free-to-play. I saw that and thought "Wow. A free to play game with good ratings and a solid fan base? I'm all in!"

So I start playing. I enjoyed the hell out of the game, until the update that wiped the melee with guns portion from the game leaving only the guns with melee portion instead of having both.

On 2019-03-10 at 5:37 PM, (XB1)MasterChief3230 said:

lol I feel the same, if that's what you said lol

On 2019-03-11 at 10:45 AM, Sajochi said:

Different genres. Plus the number you cited has been steadily growing over the past few years. Someone needs to learn how to read stats. 

You poor, poor fool. 

no those were the steam charts. there are actually 450k - 500k active players, my bad