Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Weekly - 5 Sorties REALLY?

Mickey1779

1 minute ago, Tellakey said:

I mean... I guess? It's not so much about missing out as it is about not getting the exclusive rewards.

i.e. missing out on exclusive rewards that someone else might get.

At the end of the day those are just pixels that exist only as long as the game is supported.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

I mean... I guess? It's not so much about missing out as it is about not getting the exclusive rewards.

You only need 30,000 standing a week on average.

Missing out one elite challenge isn't going to put a damper on that.

30 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I'm not sure why you think the desire for useful rewards is related to social media...

But I guess that's what you get when you try to be extra condescending on the Warframe forums.

It was a direct response to the statement that people fear missing out on rewards. It is connect to social media and how anxiety and compulsive behaviors are shaped by them. It's not even a controversial statement.

As for the usefulness of those rewards... really? 1 Arcane Energize, 1 Umbral Forma and a cosmetic armor set? In a game where you can defeat most of the content by pressing one or two buttons. 

Don't get me wrong I want that armor but will it be useful? It won't change anything and if I end up missing it then so be it.

Edit: If anyone is interested here is a link to an abstract of a recent study linking FOMO to Social Media :).

https://guilfordjournals.com/doi/10.1521/jscp.2018.37.10.75

Edited by breakdafunk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

When did DE say that? óÒ

I guess, somebody think about this, couse every daily chalenge can be done in 3 days.

20 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Why is it that everyone complains about the elite challenges that are not required to hit rank 30?

There is an easy answer:
Don't do the elite weeklies if you don't like them.

Nice math.

Why you call something elite if it's not? If it was named "dumb","dumbier" and "dumbiest" does it change something? There is only one thing, what make difference -- standing.

And, it's nice to think about it like "you dont need it", then you have everything. But, even you call it "prestige", "extra", "anything afer 30" main point here -- this is a only way to get Wolf Credits, means potato, skins, cosmetic, more nitain, auras. OF COUSE YOU NEED IT!

Main point here, we get new system becouse old was bad. Becouse of reasons. I don't see how Nightwave fix anything. Before i can play game, wait for Lotus alerts.. It was even fun. And not so tedious -- just find notification system and you don't even need to be in game. Now, after "fix", you should spend time for weird S#&$... Like mining and hunting.

And now, even visit game like a work 5/7. Sound like a bad joke, not a "alerts was bad".

Edited by -JT-_-R3W1ND
  • Like 1

Btw If It wouldn't be enough that It has been said many times that elites are just bonuses for those who need more challenge, previously ppl were complaining (rightfully) that the friend requirment shouldn't be there and 60min survival too much.

Now the Elite (The ELITE) has a really really easy 5 sortie challenge and ppl complaining again. What even?

• Like 1

il y a 59 minutes, breakdafunk a dit :

It's definitely you. This challenge is easy game-play wise, requires only 15-20 minutes (for each Sortie), and allows you to miss 2 days out of the current week.

How low the bar would need to be set to make everybody happy with these challenges? It is starting to get comical.

Log in once a week for 43k standing. That's the only thing that will make every whiner happy. And then they'll whine there's nothing to do and make a topic about the content drought and how it pushed them to leave the game. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, xXIcyBladeXx said:

Every new batch of Nightwave challenges, means a brand new fresh batch of threads about it in General. Just like Grandma used to make!

Don't worry, we've only got another 6-7 weeks of this to go...

...until the next event starts... :surprised:

Related image

Edited by FlusteredFerret

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Don't worry, we've only got another 6-7 weeks of this to go...

...until the next event starts... :surprised:

I want only the augmented mod for the grataka and i think even the quanta mod should be pretty good.

Edited by bibmobello

I actually agree with this one. Not because it's hard or I won't be done with it before the weekend (already got one), but:

• Total time invested is quite a bit higher than what we had so far.
  • Time gate & limit (5 out of 7 to 8 )
  • Previously we had "do one Sortie with a friend". Can't miss the discrepancy here.

If kept as is, it should reward more standing.

Edited by Kontrollo
autocorrect thinks 8 ) without the space is an emoticon 8)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

I actually agree with this one. Not because it's hard or I won't be done with it before the weekend (already got one), but:

• Total time invested is quite a bit higher than what we had so far.
  • Time gate & limit (5 out of 7 to 8 )
  • Previously we had "do one Sortie with a friend". Can't miss the discrepancy here.

If kept as is, it should reward more standing.

I haven't' seen this nightwave yet. Do i have to do 5 sorties with the same persons or can they be different?

Just now, bibmobello said:

I haven't' seen this nightwave yet. Do i have to do 5 sorties with the same persons or can they be different?

It's just 5 individually. I guess if you can manage your time around the reset, you could do it on 3 days. Still, I can see how this one can be inconvenient.

Semlar has a list, by the way.

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

It's just 5 individually. I guess if you can manage your time around the reset, you could do it on 3 days. Still, I can see how this one can be inconvenient.

Semlar has a list, by the way.

Yes i think it's pretty possible... If you don't sleep for 48 hours...

Edited by bibmobello

39 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

Edit: If anyone is interested here is a link to an abstract of a recent study linking FOMO to Social Media :).

Thanks, interesting.

By the way, somehow I've already completed the "not being detected" elite challenge by doing the Sortie Exterminate in a PUG. Not exactly sure, why. I was using Frost and just doing my thing. Might be bugged.

You don't need all the challenges. Im on track to finish this nightwave season on week 6. Still haven't seen wolf though.

*EDIT* Sorry, week 8. Math is hard on monday morning apparently.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

You don't need all the challenges. Im on track to finish this nightwave season on week 6. Still haven't seen wolf though.

I've encountered him three times in Kuva Floods while having some non-maxed gear equipped. Anecdotal, I know.

However, we should see him more often over time, that much has been confirmed.

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

I've encountered him three times in Kuva Floods while having some non-maxed gear equipped. Anecdotal, I know.

However, we should see him more often over time, that much has been confirmed.

Ahh, haven't been doing kuva as my resource booster is down. Although i'll definitely be going hard when the resource weekend comes around.

49 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

It was a direct response to the statement that people fear missing out on rewards. It is connect to social media and how anxiety and compulsive behaviors are shaped by them. It's not even a controversial statement.

As for the usefulness of those rewards... really? 1 Arcane Energize, 1 Umbral Forma and a cosmetic armor set? In a game where you can defeat most of the content by pressing one or two buttons. 

Don't get me wrong I want that armor but will it be useful? It won't change anything and if I end up missing it then so be it.

I agree with you. Everyone needs to relax and play. It’s a game and should be fun.

The new series has made me a better player though....