Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Weekly - 5 Sorties REALLY?

Mickey1779

1 hour ago, kuchn said:

then. don't. do. it.

The problem is that you have to do it to get auras, nitain extract, potatos, etc. The wolf credits should be separate from Nightwave. That way veteran players can grind for Nightwave tiers and new/casual players could earn wold credits at their own pace. Keeping them together is just bad design as veteran players don't feel challenged and new/casual players are constantly being gated to content they should have acess to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Notice that your 'solution' requires playing across the reset time every time. Notice that this is not a solution. You have helped nothing. You have contributed nothing. Stop insulting those with legitimate complaints about the new system.

Welp, I'm glad that you were able to notice that. But there is a commonality amongst those complaints that you seem to have not noticed:

Each has complained about having to log in on 5 separate days in order to complete the challenge. 

In 3 days can get you 6 Sorties, but it requires a tiny bit of readjustment of thought to see. Sort of like seeing that you can skip two elite challenges a week and still end up way above maximum rank by week 10 requires a tiny bit of readjustment of thought for those who are losing their minds about the thought of not being able to complete one

Get it now? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

In 3 days can get you 6 Sorties, but it requires a tiny bit of readjustment of thought to see.

Also a tiny bit of adjustment of THE FLOW OF TIME ITSELF, but I get where you're coming from (hint: it starts with a 'T' and ends with a 'roll Cave')

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Also a tiny bit of adjustment of THE FLOW OF TIME ITSELF, but I get where you're coming from (hint: it starts with a 'T' and ends with a 'roll Cave')

No, just a simple matter of adjusting how we use our time. Something most adults already have a lot of experience doing. 

But hey I guess that the multiple people all commenting that 5 Sorties can be done over 3 days are all wrong. Maybe we're all the same person hopping back and forth through time to say the same thing on different accounts. Or, you know, maybe not. 🙄

14 minutes ago, Ketec said:

I'm completely screwed.

I have around 4 days to play this week (birthday stuff, not at home).

I cannot complete it no matter what.

This is ridiculous.

You can still earn over 38k standing over the course of your week. You only need an average of 30k over 10 weeks to max out the ranks. Calm down. 

• Like 2

Yup nightwave complaint threads are just gonna be a thing now. Complain about doimng things with friends Complain about doing hard things but also complaining about doing easy things multiple times I think this is the most obvious case of you can't please everyone especially considering you still can miss 13k standing a week and every fugitive batch chips away at this already.

DE has already been extremely lenient about this whole event it's frankly getting absurd that people are basically complaining about playing a game sometimes not anything close to religiously.I'm not even all the time I do like an hour or two every couple of days I'm still very easily hitting everything in Nightwave this is turning into simple entitlement of everyone just wanting everything now and not over time despite the system giving everyone a #*!%ton more than alerts ever did. 

• Like 4

The only thing I'm going to say, is that players should continue to voice their options on what shows up.

I'm betting DE created a long list of ideas and values.   It is then through feedback that this list will be adjusted.  At least that is how, my opinion, a correctly functioning setup for this sort of system should work.

I don't have a problem doing it cos it's very easy but I do think it's redundant. Nightwave is supposed to offer weekly content. Sorties are pretty much the only content that experienced players will still do for collecting rivens. To make them nightwave challenges is dumb because it's content we were going to do anyway so all it does is give us less unique nightwave content for the week.

Yes DE needs to bring back the quick alert system that was a success for 6 years - this new grindy nightwave system is not newbie friendly at all.

Next week we will get 7 sorties as a weekly nightwave act with 15 other stupid acts and those will not be fun to play - all to get close to the same rewards as before, but at a much slower pace. 

DE should just let players choose for themselves what they want to play and then reward them - don't try forcing players to play your stupid 15 acts each week for 10 weeks - that's no fun.

4 hours ago, breakdafunk said:

It's definitely you. This challenge is easy game-play wise, requires only 15-20 minutes (for each Sortie), and allows you to miss 2 days out of the current week.

How low the bar would need to be set to make everybody happy with these challenges? It is starting to get comical.

It really is comical at this point. You constantly hear self proclaimed "veterans" (like they fought in Iraq or something) complain that there isnt enough for hardcore players.

DE sets a MILDLY difficult goal post and then people rage about having to actually put in just a smidgeon of effort. It doesnt matter what DE does SOME people on the forums will rage about it.

Let's be real: any half way decent build can completely run over a sortie. The only mildly challenging ones are spy missions... which you can either cheese yourself with loki or Ivara, or, even if you cant do it, period, you probably have an 80% chance of being matched with an ivara who can cheese it anyway.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

It really is comical at this point. You constantly hear self proclaimed "veterans" (like they fought in Iraq or something) complain that there isnt enough for hardcore players.

DE sets a MILDLY difficult goal post and then people rage about having to actually put in just a smidgeon of effort. It doesnt matter what DE does SOME people on the forums will rage about it.

Let's be real: any half way decent build can completely run over a sortie. The only mildly challenging ones are spy missions... which you can either cheese yourself with loki or Ivara, or, even if you cant do it, period, you probably have an 80% chance of being matched with an ivara who can cheese it anyway.

There is a difference between challenging/difficult and time consuming/tedious. Having to complete 5 sorties is definitely in the latter category. So the issue is that it requires being able to play 5 of 7 days this week, or to be available just before/after they reset. So really it's the same problem that random alerts had; a problem that Nightwave was supposed to fix.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

If something in NW hard or long (for you) -- just don't do it.

Its confirmed by devs, that only 60-65% of points needed for full 30 levels (all rewards), even without captured convicts.

This whining posts becoming intolerable.

Edited by le_souriceau

It's not bad, I think they should tone it down just maybe 1 or 2 less sorties.. maybe or just make it so you only have to complete 4 if only just to give people a chance to miss 3 sorties out of the  7 they have a shot at doing. I do think however it would suck if you don't log into the game and finally check in the middle of the week and find out you can't complete with nightwave mission simply because there's just no way to overcome missing the sorties before then. I dunno, that's just a small complaint from me when it's nothing I'll have a problem with.

BUT the problem I have is the lack of... understanding of what nightwave is all for. They get rid of alerts that every person playing this game for the long haul ignores save for the new cosmetic helmet drops/nitain/forma/potato and the missions are purposely easy for new players. So the the replacement has a lot of challenges new players can't do... but.. why? Ideally these should all just be things you could either chip away at as you play like kill enemies with this element or kill such and such number of this enemy type. With so many harder challenges that only experienced players can do it seems.. just odd to me and I'd like to hear their thought process on this. Sure the rewards are greater but we're also getting less opportunities at them compared to alerts.

Overall I like the system but their past decisions have soured me on it so hopefully they'll learn from them. Like the "with a friend" challenges and 60 minute survivals.. particularly in a mode that can glitch out. Want us to do "bite sized" 60 minute survivals DE? Make a mission dedicated to it with a reward, otherwise I don't see the point of them being in nightwave. 

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

There is a difference between challenging/difficult and time consuming/tedious. Having to complete 5 sorties is definitely in the latter category. So the issue is that it requires being able to play 5 of 7 days this week, or to be available just before/after they reset. So really it's the same problem that random alerts had; a problem that Nightwave was supposed to fix.

First of all, it's amazing how anything even close to challenging is dismissed as "tedious/time consuming". The goal post gets moved from "not enough difficulty" to "difficult for the wrong reasons".

Second, this is NOT the same "problem" alerts had. Even if this was a "problem", and it isnt, the problem with alerts was if you werent online at exactly the right moment, you would miss the reward entirely and who knows when it would come around again, and it could back around when you're offline. I cant believe people are so self entitled they feel DE should be banned from making a challenge they cant knock out in a day. And even then it better be fast and easy. 1 hour survival? ? OMG GET THE PITCHFORKS.

The other problem alerts had seems to have been magically forgotten about the nanosecond nightwave was released: with few exceptions the alerts were not worth doing. Whoo credits. Yay like 50 endo. And all of the alert rewards are, if anything, more accessible now with wolf credits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)Deathjt1218 said:

This challenge is fairly easy. Just do a sortie 5 days straight. Sorties aren't exactly hard with the right setup.

It's not the 'Sortie' part of the challenge that's difficult, but the '5 days' part. Not everyone can get on their computer and play 5 days a week.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

This is the best? Redundant bounties, awful and RNG based mining, RNG based fishing (yes, even with bait you can be out of luck, especially when fish spawn under rocks) stuff like vault and this weird puzzle Minigame.. sorry but this is the worst week.

Welp. I guess it's up to individual taste. I personally can finish most of these really quickly.